Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 04:39 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
In a certain context this could be true. But does not elaborate who Satan is. Only that a human can be a vessel impeding itself. But when one has clarity through refinement of Fire do we see the root cause which was before us and in front of us.
But the human is not solely the hasatan just a tool used by the enemy to do his will. And that will was before and after man. Of course until that man or woman is the inheritor of the one who is the Alpha and the Omega. Which is before and after the enemy incompassing all that is.
Rev ch 3 …20'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 21'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 22'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.'"
Satan is a Christian invention...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Man was a murderer from the beginning.
It's man who hates, and creates evil.

The propensity is within him.
It's called the Yetzer HaRa as opposed to the Yetzer Tov...We choose which one we follow...

Old 03-10-2015, 05:07 AM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times
Quote:
In mind and body we can fight. But how do we fight a spirit?
With our thoughts?
How does one perceive the thoughts of the enemy that devises wickedness and lay's down snares to cause one to stumble?
Can a man become perfect of his own freewill?

If a man could do this then it would be his will alone and not the will of God.......
There is no Satan ... at least not as modern fundamentalists describe. God did NOT abandon this earth to an evil being who was at least His equal. That was a fiction of that heretic Augustine, a Manichean. We have been misled by 15 centuries of heresy and false doctrine based upon that heresy. We have free will. God also talks to each of us ALL the time, inspired us to see His path, His plan.

Do we listen?

Old 03-10-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
There is no Satan ... at least not as modern fundamentalists describe. God did NOT abandon this earth to an evil being who was at least His equal. That was a fiction of that heretic Augustine, a Manichean. We have been misled by 15 centuries of heresy and false doctrine based upon that heresy. We have free will. God also talks to each of us ALL the time, inspired us to see His path, His plan.

Do we listen?
Manichean?...Augustine?....

Old 03-10-2015, 07:37 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Manichean?...Augustine?....
Absolutely. Augustine was a Manichean for at least ten years prior to becoming a Christian. It's as easy as googling Augustine in Wikipedia. Augustine definitely amalgamated some of his Manichean background with his scriptural interpretation----and Christianity is the poorer for it.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:16 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
^indeed

Old 03-10-2015, 09:34 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Man was a murderer from the beginning.
It's man who hates, and creates evil.

The propensity is within him.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Because it's not enough to believe that we are forgiven by God because God is merciful and God is forgiving. We have to believe that the good, merciful and forgiving God who is love had to see someone brutally tortured and murdered in order to forgive us.

Apparently if you want to be orthodox, mainstream and accepted by the many, yes. Was God unwilling to forgive before Jesus came into the world? I don't think so.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
In mind and body we can fight. But how do we fight a spirit?
With our thoughts?
How does one perceive the thoughts of the enemy that devises wickedness and lay's down snares to cause one to stumble?
Can a man become perfect of his own freewill?

If a man could do this then it would be his will alone and not the will of God.......
No, a man cannot become free by his own free will. But surely you have read about having the mind of Christ in the New Testament. Things first enter the mind, and if left there unchecked they can penetrate the spirit/heart of a person. Also, men devise evil with both mind and heart. Think on things that are pure, lovely and true. It is of utmost importance that we are vigilant about guarding our hearts by first of all guarding our minds as thoughts come to us. That is our work, as we "work out" the salvation we have been given.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It's called the Yetzer HaRa as opposed to the Yetzer Tov...We choose which one we follow...
The right, power or privilege of having a choice, requires sound judgment.
As we live with the consequences of our decisions; right or wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity