Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 10:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
No, a man cannot become free by his own free will. But surely you have read about having the mind of Christ in the New Testament. Things first enter the mind, and if left there unchecked they can penetrate the spirit/heart of a person. Also, men devise evil with both mind and heart. Think on things that are pure, lovely and true. It is of utmost importance that we are vigilant about guarding our hearts by first of all guarding our minds as thoughts come to us. That is our work, as we "work out" the salvation we have been given.
Take every thought captive, and guard your heart and mind.

Indeed, whatever is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, or commendable.
If there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise?

Think about these things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 10:58 PM

Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted?

But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door.
I
t desires to have you, but you must rule over it.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:17 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
Read the bible. Satan was one of the higher forms of angels but he rebelled against God and would not follow Him or obey Him so he and a third of the angels were driven out of heaven and cast down to the earth. He now roams throughout the world for the ruin of human's souls.

He has many names, Lucifer was his angel name but now he is called Beelzebub and Satan, etc. I once heard a woman call to her son and she said, Come here Lucifer." I had to think that is what she named him----poor kid. Like naming your son Hitler, but it has been done.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:39 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
There is no Satan ... at least not as modern fundamentalists describe. God did NOT abandon this earth to an evil being who was at least His equal. That was a fiction of that heretic Augustine, a Manichean. We have been misled by 15 centuries of heresy and false doctrine based upon that heresy. We have free will. God also talks to each of us ALL the time, inspired us to see His path, His plan.

Do we listen?
I agree with God not abandoning us. There is no equal to God. I read up on the manichean philosophies and they mirror all dualist theology. Which is typical of philosophy of man.
Luke ch 10 : 17The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name." 18And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. 19"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you.…
Rev ch 12:…11"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death. 12"For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time."

Old 03-10-2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Take every thought captive, and guard your heart and mind.

Indeed, whatever is true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, or commendable.
If there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise?

Think about these things.
Out of curiosity the man who was possessed by legion. Was legion a figment of the mans imagination? Was legion created by the man?

Old 03-10-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Read the bible. Satan was one of the higher forms of angels but he rebelled against God and would not follow Him or obey Him so he and a third of the angels were driven out of heaven and cast down to the earth. He now roams throughout the world for the ruin of human's souls.

He has many names, Lucifer was his angel name but now he is called Beelzebub and Satan, etc. I once heard a woman call to her son and she said, Come here Lucifer." I had to think that is what she named him----poor kid. Like naming your son Hitler, but it has been done.
Isaiah speaks of man, and it is a reference to the king of Babylon.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Out of curiosity the man who was possessed by legion. Was legion a figment of the mans imagination? Was legion created by the man?
Do you comprehend mental illnesses?
Or the effects of eating raw-pork, called Trichinosis?

Old 03-11-2015, 12:01 AM

Quote:
I agree with God not abandoning us. There is no equal to God. I read up on the manichean philosophies and they mirror all dualist theology. Which is typical of philosophy of man.
Luke ch 10 : 17The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name." 18And He said to them, "I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning. 19"Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing will injure you.…
Rev ch 12:…11"And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death. 12"For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time."
Demonology?

Old 03-11-2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Demonology?
Demonology? Have not read or studied under any dogma. I learned from experience.

I find it interesting that you do not accept the invisible. The movements of powers and principalities in the darkness. The behind the scenes movements of the spiritual. Medical explanations do not account for wickedness. I pray when you run into a demon you will have the fortitude to see and rebuke it. Otherwise your life will be in danger.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Demonology? Have not read or studied under any dogma. I learned from experience.

I find it interesting that you do not accept the invisible. The movements of powers and principalities in the darkness. The behind the scenes movements of the spiritual. Medical explanations do not account for wickedness. I pray when you run into a demon you will have the fortitude to see and rebuke it. Otherwise your life will be in danger.
I have run into the two-legged kind.
And survived the encounters.

It's not an experience one desires to repeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity