Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 01:27 PM

5,098 posts, read 12,606,634 times

Advertisements

I have a question. My brother and his wife claim that they got my dad to accept Christ when he was on his death bed so they are certain that means he will be in Heaven and they will all be together some day.
My dad got suddenly very ill and was very confused to the point he had been trying to put his shirt on like a pair of pants so he was taken to the hospital and died 24 hrs later. The whole time he was at the hospital he was confused and agitated, yet they claim they got him to accept Christ and now thanks to them he is saved. My question is does a confused man on his death bed saying what they told him to say really count? Thanks for any replies .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,449,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I have a question. My brother and his wife claim that they got my dad to accept Christ when he was on his death bed so they are certain that means he will be in Heaven and they will all be together some day.
My dad got suddenly very ill and was very confused to the point he had been trying to put his shirt on like a pair of pants so he was taken to the hospital and died 24 hrs later. The whole time he was at the hospital he was confused and agitated, yet they claim they got him to accept Christ and now thanks to them he is saved. My question is does a confused man on his death bed saying what they told him to say really count? Thanks for any replies .
Only God can answer that, not any man.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:36 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,155,043 times
If he sincerely in his mind comprehended he was a sinner and needed Jesus and repented of his sins and accepted Jesus who died for his sins, then yes he was saved. But if he was just telling them yes to everything and was pretty much out of it, only God himself will know his heart.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:36 PM

45,705 posts, read 27,317,064 times
Honestly... God only knows that for sure. True faith originates from within. Only God sees the heart.

1 Samuel 16:7(b) - ...for God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart

Take heart that at least he made the confession - so there is a chance God may have saved him - which is a better position than where he was for most of his life.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:12 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,305 times
I am sorry for your loss. I imagine your family found comfort in this belief, and it certainly does no harm. Life is so fragile and short, comfort is always a good thing.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:36 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,755,403 times
Post The moment of death, with the heart

Quote:
greeting I am sorry for your lost
my condolence to you and your family

sometime, it is possible from many years of sinning, that a person may not confess they sin, but at the end of death, the Lord at the time of death, and receiving Christ, yes a person can be save, because the Lord doesn't look at the a confused mind, but its what is in heart at the time of death.

confess your sins, with one on one with the Lord

Romans 10:9-11 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. You brought Christ to him

Romans 10: 11 Romans 10: 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth {Verbal} confession is made unto salvation.
For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 02-19-2015 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-19-2015, 03:59 PM

10,074 posts, read 4,995,238 times
Quote:
First of all, please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.
What counts of course is what is recorded in Scripture.
Unless your father - very highly unlikely - committed the unforgivable sin - Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6 - then your father will have a resurrection. Please notice Romans 6:23,7 because the one who has died is freed on acquitted of sin.
That does Not make any of the dead as now innocent - or saved - but as a governor can pardon a person so the crime charges do Not stick, Jesus can pardon a person so the sin charges No longer stick.
That means a resurrection for your father. Please notice the ' future tense ' used at Acts 24:15 that there ' will be ' a resurrection....
First, baptized faithful Christians can be called to heaven to have a first or earlier resurrection to rule over earth.
- Please see Revelation 20: 6; 5: 9,10; 2: 10
As for the majority of mankind - John 3:13; Acts 2:34 - we will have a healthy physical resurrection restored back to healthy life on earth starting with Jesus' 1000-year kingdom reign over earth. What the dead do after they are resurrected will be the final salvation for them to live forever in health on earth as originally offered to father Adam before his downfall.

As for those of us still alive on earth at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on earth - Matthew 25:31,32; 24:13 - we can be ' saved ' alive ( delivered/ rescued ) on earth right into the start of Jesus' millennium-long day of ruling over earth. Jesus ruling over the living and the physically resurrected dead who will inherit the earth forever as brought out at Psalm 37:11,29.
Your father then can be part of those saved ones who will inherit a beautiful paradisaic earth forever.- Proverbs 2:21,22.

Old 02-19-2015, 04:10 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,226,971 times
Quote:
I also express my condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I would say that God only knows the heart of your Dad, and what he was able to comprehend, and his faith. Is it possible? Sure.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:43 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,734 times
"Not everyone who cries to me Lord, Lord shall enter the kingdom of heaven but only those who do the will of my heavenly Father."

"Enter by the narrow gate for the gate is wide and the road is broad that leads to destruction and many travel it but the road that is hard and the gate is narrow that leads to life and there are few who find it."

"No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born from above. No one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and spirit."

"The one so enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep."

"I am the gate, anyone who enters by me will be saved."

"Blessed are the pure of heart they will see God."

"The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father."

"Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Old 02-20-2015, 12:35 AM

5,098 posts, read 12,606,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I also express my condolences. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I would say that God only knows the heart of your Dad, and what he was able to comprehend, and his faith. Is it possible? Sure.

Thanks as that is sort of how I thought and am a bit angry as they did not help with much of his care but keep saying they did the most important thing and that was " save " him on his death bed which is so much more important then helping him. ( which is what I did) And in my mind I am thinking how do you know being he was agitated and confused... wouldn't that make it God's decision? Yet they are so convinced and see themselves as such great people So I thought I would see how other Christians felt about about it. So thank you to all that took time to reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity