Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 12:06 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,722,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post

Amazing that "Not attacking Iran" preemptively is construed by the fundamentalists as turning our backs on Israel.
One of the graeat apostasies---using the Bible to urge even more Middle East conflict.

The anti-Christ so prominent in many Christian beliefs is going to be unrecognizable and hidden in plain sight. I don't believe the anti-Christ is an individual, I believe it to be a movement---one that talks ABOUT Christ, one that is very religious, one that KNOWS it is correct and even believes it is doing God's work (for Him, on earth, by helping to start the Battle of Armageddon).

It's called fundamentalism. Dedicated to the Bible, their every belief, every explanation of biblical inconsistencies, every proclamation about when this will happen and how that will occur are all pre-ordained by God with no possibility of error by any human who fits into the equation.

Those called fundamentalists recognize one another by the way they interpret the Bible.

Christians, on the other hand, recognize one another by our desire to be serving Him daily.

The fundamentalists (of every religion) are winning in bringing world war to a greater possibility.
The problem for them is in the end when Jesus tells all of them they are like the goats on His left hand side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2015, 12:09 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,246,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
One of the graeat apostasies---using the Bible to urge even more Middle East conflict.

The anti-Christ so prominent in many Christian beliefs is going to be unrecognizable and hidden in plain sight. I don't believe the anti-Christ is an individual, I believe it to be a movement---one that talks ABOUT Christ, one that is very religious, one that KNOWS it is correct and even believes it is doing God's work (for Him, on earth, by helping to start the Battle of Armageddon).

It's called fundamentalism. Dedicated to the Bible, their every belief, every explanation of biblical inconsistencies, every proclamation about when this will happen and how that will occur are all pre-ordained by God with no possibility of error by any human who fits into the equation.

Those called fundamentalists recognize one another by the way they interpret the Bible.

Christians, on the other hand, recognize one another by our desire to be serving Him daily.

The fundamentalists (of every religion) are winning in bringing world war to a greater possibility.
The problem for them is in the end when Jesus tells all of them they are like the goats on His left hand side.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:34 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,814,617 times
Quote:

Wow. Yep.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:07 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times
Quote:

AND their attempt to FORCE everyone to live by their interpretation of the LAW.

It is amazing that since I was told by the last church I attended I was a HEATHEN and headed straight to the fires of hell, that my spirituality and understanding of God / Jesus has grown EXPONENTIALLY since I left the church and put down the daily reading of the bible and sincerely started following (as best as I can) the teachings of Jesus and not the words in a book.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:53 PM

174 posts, read 125,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Hey another question for Devout Christians who Follow the Bible, believe Jesus as Lord and believe the Bible is the Word of God and Completely true..........what type of dreams are you having lately? What are you seeing for Christians and specifically what are you seeing for Christians in America?
I don't dream very often but a common dream is coming into the presence of God, entering into the most joy I have ever felt. It makes me what to go soon.

As for America, I don't see much of a future for her. I believe America will dwindle to nothing or become an Islamic state and fight against God. (no prophecy here, just my view)

Old 03-17-2015, 04:13 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,210,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Hey another question for Devout Christians who Follow the Bible, believe Jesus as Lord and believe the Bible is the Word of God and Completely true..........what type of dreams are you having lately?
I had a dream about trucks last night. I just bought a 4x4 F150 and I've done a ton of research on used pickups.
Quote:

What are you seeing for Christians and specifically what are you seeing for Christians in America?
I expect that as the culture grows increasingly hostile toward religion in general, and Christianity...that we will see the number of people that claim Christianity to shrink. We will also see the ones that remain in Christianity to be the ones that take their faith seriously.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:35 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,722,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I had a dream about trucks last night. I just bought a 4x4 F150 and I've done a ton of research on used pickups.

I expect that as the culture grows increasingly hostile toward religion in general, and Christianity...that we will see the number of people that claim Christianity to shrink. We will also see the ones that remain in Christianity to be the ones that take their faith seriously.
Now Vizio we can once again agree on something. Your second paragraph above. It would be better for both the nation and the Christian faith for there to be a great purging of American Christianity.

However, where we may differ is on which group of Christians needs purging!

Last edited by Wardendresden; 03-17-2015 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 03-17-2015, 05:54 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,564,332 times
I had a dream about Mayhem (Dean Winters). He proposed to me.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You should have purchased a Chevy Silverado 2500 (4X4).

Quote:
The only thing you will observe "shrinking" is Christian Fundamentalism.
In other words, those who feel the need to "Fix Or Repair (others) Daily."

Old 03-17-2015, 11:19 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,246,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
AND their attempt to FORCE everyone to live by their interpretation of the LAW.

It is amazing that since I was told by the last church I attended I was a HEATHEN and headed straight to the fires of hell, that my spirituality and understanding of God / Jesus has grown EXPONENTIALLY since I left the church and put down the daily reading of the bible and sincerely started following (as best as I can) the teachings of Jesus and not the words in a book.
So happy for you. I believe that is what the call to "come out of her" (Babylon) is about. The risen Christ is not welcomed in too many American churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity