Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 03:55 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,283,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewdropinn View Post
drop the stone from your hand, jimmie. Ya might just miss and hit jesus.
Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 03:57 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,185,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes, because Jesus told Bob and Fred, "No fishes and loaves for you!"

NO
H8

Jesus did NOT teach discrimination in his name.
But did he decorate any of them to commemorate a sinful lifestyle and a mockery of marriage?

Old 03-31-2015, 04:11 PM

7,724 posts, read 12,617,686 times
No matter what happens, we need to remember God is on the throne. He is in control and is sovereign. There are ways to outsmart the devil. One of them being using his own tactics against him. We're going to have to start being one step above and start seeking legal action for businesses that refuse to pander to our beliefs.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:22 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
But did he decorate any of them to commemorate a sinful lifestyle and a mockery of marriage?
Are we sure who was married when the water was turned to wine? Money is on two guys..

Old 03-31-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
No, because I am not unreasonable or hateful.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't expect him to do his best for something he considered to be immoral.
He did his best for the woman about to be stoned for adultery?

Old 03-31-2015, 04:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Let's see....the lifestyle of the gays and lesbians I know is going to work, coming home, paying taxes, washing the car, going to a ballgame, picking up the dry cleaning.......not sure where the sin is Viz but, if you've been affected by a lifestyle you think is sinful....here's your chance to tell us all about your experience with marriage equality.

Examples pulled from your guru's website are not acceptable. Tell everyone how two gay men making a commitment to each other makes a mockery of your marriage.

M-kay? Thanks.

p.s. At the rate fundamentalists throw rocks on these threads...ya'll are going to need Tommy John surgery soon.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-31-2015 at 04:37 PM..

Old 03-31-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
So instead you think that it's better to step on religious people's rights?

No...we really didn't. You need to make that case that sexual preferences = skin color. I haven't seen anything to prove that. Instead of acting bigoted toward people that disagree with you, why don't you address that question?
I did, for all the non readers I will say again---

NO ONE HAS STEPPED ON ANYONE'S RIGHT TO W O R S H I P as they please.

The idea that equality takes away or reduces any one's religious freedom is not possible.

People still go to the church of their choice, sing the same old standards and even tell a few off color jokes about their Samaritan neighbors.

At no time has RELIGIOUS FREEDOM ever been threatened by EQUALITY. Jesus never said go forth and be an IDIOT and condemn all manner of people because they do not walk like you, talk like you, eat like you or LOVE like you..Please quote chapter and verse if He did say this (because if it isn't written it ain't a fundie truth)--

WAIT--here is the entire problem..It is NOT written in PLAIN KING JAMES ENGLISH so it will never be true in the eyes of the blind.

There will be peace when we stop demanding others CONVERT to our way of thinking and just accept the fact that EVERYONE has the right to live as they see fit--provide there is no attempts made to OPPRESS, COERCE or FORCEFULLY HARM others against their will...

Old 03-31-2015, 04:36 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Town Crier View Post
I already did-in fact I closed my business and started a ministry...

TC

Old 03-31-2015, 04:40 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,277,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'll make you a wedding cake & charge you a reasonable price. I'll decorate it nicely & write Congratulations! on it.

I will NOT write Bob & Fred or Jill & Jane on it. I will NOT put two men or two women on the top of the wedding cake. If that's unacceptable, take your business elsewhere!
Depending on where you live that might not be legal. Even if it isn't legal in today's day and age it isn't smart to do. It's much easier to lose business compared to the past due to the influence of social media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity