Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:56 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,971 times

Advertisements

not all christians are evangelicals and rich and materialistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The money-making part is real.

Most people I knew who were evangelical Christians were into money. Materialism. Etc.

It's as is they are subconsciously teaching their children how to "sell" imaginary things that people don't need. If you can get people to buy something they may not want by convincing them that they "need" it, they can build their own kingdom on this earth.

But I doubt most Christians would admit that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 01:57 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
What do you think churches do with the tithes & offerings?
There is no doubt that many preachers [on radio or with their own congregation] are making huge incomes by preaching what people want to hear.
True gospel preachers make great sacrifices to carry the word of God to those who truly want to be a sincere follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Himself made serious requirements of His true followers.
See Matt. 10:[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

See also Luke 14:So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Dr. Michael Brown [Line of Fire radio ministry] says the word CANNOT is almost as stringent as "You CANNOT get on your airplane flight since it has been cancelled."

Old 04-22-2015, 04:48 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
There is no doubt that many preachers [on radio or with their own congregation] are making huge incomes by preaching what people want to hear.
True gospel preachers make great sacrifices to carry the word of God to those who truly want to be a sincere follower of the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Himself made serious requirements of His true followers.
See Matt. 10:[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
See also Luke 14:So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.
Dr. Michael Brown [Line of Fire radio ministry] says the word CANNOT is almost as stringent as "You CANNOT get on your airplane flight since it has been cancelled."
Don't confuse televangelists with the local pastor/priest. I don't know about where you live, but around here, the local churches spend much of their tithes & offerings on charitable work.

Old 04-23-2015, 07:30 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Don't confuse televangelists with the local pastor/priest. I don't know about where you live, but around here, the local churches spend much of their tithes & offerings on charitable work.
That sounds encouraging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity