Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 08:18 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,625,833 times

Advertisements

The people of Sodom thought their rights and responsibilities superseded the rights of others.

Not unlike fundamentalist ideologues who believe they can discriminate against the LGBTQ community.

Take a lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 08:38 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,443,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
49. Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good. (Ezekiel 16:49-50)
People sem to be ignoring this part:

and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

That fit the literal Sodom and virtually every Nation today in one way or another. The only question now is when will Dan 2:44 be fulfilled.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
People sem to be ignoring this part:

and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.
The abomination was thinking they were better and more righteous than others. They treated God's children horribly, and God saw it.

Not unlike fundamentalist ideologues who commit the abomination of denying the LGBT community their civil rights. God sees it.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:55 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,727,228 times
Quote:
If we study more about this Ezekiel 16, we find that God was intend to turn the way of this Sodom, so thought comes to my mind, that this Sodom, of Ezekiel 16, seems to be some other Sodom, than the Sodom which Loot was live. This Sodom seems to be a Sodom of our time, a symbol of our time countries who live like it.

53. And I will turn again their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, and the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, and the captivity of thy captives in the midst of them; (Ezekiel 16:53)
Ezekiel 16 is about the sins of Jerusalem, mainly worship of false gods and human sacrifice. The comparison to Sodom was only to say the sins of Jerusalem were worse than those of Sodom.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The abomination was thinking they were better and more righteous than others. They treated God's children horribly, and God saw it.

Not unlike fundamentalist ideologues who commit the abomination of denying the LGBT community their civil rights. God sees it.
They were also spiritually and sexually immoral. That does upset God as the original Sodom found out.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ezekiel 16 is about the sins of Jerusalem, mainly worship of false gods and human sacrifice. The comparison to Sodom was only to say the sins of Jerusalem were worse than those of Sodom.
Yep, if Sodom's sins were bad enough to deserve destruction by God, how bad were Jerusalem's?

Old 04-13-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
They were also spiritually and sexually immoral. That does upset God as the original Sodom found out.

The abomination was their actions against Children of God. Perhaps they were also raping Children of God. They were not caring for the poor. Spiritual and sexual immorality.

Such abomination is abhorrent to God.

Not unlike fundamentalist ideologues who discriminate against the LGBTQ community. God is very upset with them.

Your rights will not supersede the rights of others.----- God.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:19 AM

709 posts, read 378,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
This part's tells also about the Sodom's future.

53. And I will turn again their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, and the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, and the captivity of thy captives in the midst of them; (Ezekiel 16:53)

55. And thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate; and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate; and thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate. (Ezekiel:16:5)

So it seems that the Sodom do exists also today, but man who loves the western world, not likely want to see this message for today's world.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Yep, if Sodom's sins were bad enough to deserve destruction by God, how bad were Jerusalem's?
It doesn't get much worse than burning children in fire, but it sounds like they were guilty of many sins.

This is not the only time the Bible says Sodom's earthly punishment was easy compared to what's coming for others (like that generation of people in Jerusalem). Jesus said that on the day of judgment the fate of those who reject the Gospel will be worse than what happened to Sodom on earth. The sodomites were physically killed, but even the best of us will die a physical death.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
This part's tells also about the Sodom's future.

55. And thy sisters, Sodom and her daughters, shall return to their former estate; and Samaria and her daughters shall return to their former estate; and thou and thy daughters shall return to your former estate. (Ezekiel:16:5)

So it seems that the Sodom do exists also today, but man who loves the western world, not likely want to see this message for today's world.
In a way they exist today, and are back to their old habits of sexual immorality and inhospitality (harassing Christians).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity