Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 12:48 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,612,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The urging of guns in church is political. God and guns.

I am not buying the whole, the sky is falling unless church members carry guns, meme.

Rather than urge the congregation to become pro active about state budget cuts that impact their safety, his solution is guns.

What happened to hiring a bus, and going to the State Capital to protest budget cuts?
The ones that need the change work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 01:16 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,625,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
The ones that need the change work.

Because, people who work are incapable of doing anything else?

I suggest there are many of us who work two jobs, raise children, and are involved with the community they live in, while manage going to school.

This has been my experience, my parents experience, my siblings experience, my children's experience, my grand parents experience, and great grandparents experience.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

Why doesn't Jesus protect other people from violent crime..? I don't quite understand your last question, Dew.

It's a puzzle to me sparrow. American Christians seem to trust Jesus.... until they don't. They talk about it. They sing songs about it (his eye is on the sparrow after all ) but they'll carry a gun for self defense.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:33 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,808,178 times
And all the children that will die when finding a gun in mommies purse?

Old 04-22-2015, 03:54 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,612,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Because, people who work are incapable of doing anything else?

I suggest there are many of us who work two jobs, raise children, and are involved with the community they live in, while manage going to school.

This has been my experience, my parents experience, my siblings experience, my children's experience, my grand parents experience, and great grandparents experience.
Yeah, you are actually right. The middle class ought to get up and march. And take this country back.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:59 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,625,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Yeah, you are actually right. The middle class ought to get up and march. And take this country back.

I agree.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:51 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,383,216 times
Great thread. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old 04-22-2015, 05:31 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,945,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's a puzzle to me sparrow. American Christians seem to trust Jesus.... until they don't. They talk about it. They sing songs about it (his eye is on the sparrow after all ) but they'll carry a gun for self defense.

Do you believe policemen should not carry guns?
I guess I just don't really understand what Jesus has to do with it?
Jesus doesn't form a protective bubble around us. I know some people believe that, but I do not.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:12 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Do you believe policemen should not carry guns?
I don't want to take the thread too far off course... but....

A cop who has (hopefully) been through a training academy and has demonstrated he/she can responsibly protect and serve and an untrained civilian packing heat on his way to church are two different things.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:35 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,945,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I don't want to take the thread too far off course... but....

A cop who has (hopefully) been through a training academy and has demonstrated he/she can responsibly protect and serve and an untrained civilian packing heat on his way to church are two different things.

Who said anything about an "untrained" civilian?
Most people I know who carry guns are highly trained and extremely responsible people. I don't see the difference you are referring to. Besides the police are not physically there to stop crime in most cases... they are there to write a report after the fact. If you don't feel comfortable carrying a gun, that is your absolute right and your choice. I just hope that you would respect other's right to their choice to carry.

peace,
sparrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity