Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 04:31 AM

709 posts, read 377,870 times

Advertisements

14. For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15. For that which I do I know not: for not what I would, that do I practise; but what I hate, that I do. 16. But if what I would not, that I do, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17. So now it is no more I that do it, but sin which dwelleth in me. 18. For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me, but to do that which is good is not. 19. For the good which I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I practise. 20. But if what I would not, that I do, it is no more I that do it, but sin which dwelleth in me. 21. I find then the law, that, to me who would do good, evil is present. 22. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23. but I see a different law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity under the law of sin which is in my members. 24. Wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death? 25. I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then I of myself with the mind, indeed, serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. (Romans 7:14-25)

What our dear brother Paulos, writes here is, that his body, or his flesh is still prone to do sin, even though his mind is works now different, because now the mind what he have is a mind of the Spirit, and not mind of the flesh anymore, but the flesh still is prone to rise up lust, and temptations, which he do not anymore join, like the time when he have the mind of flesh.

But if a man do join in the lust from his body, it is because he have not mortify yet the mind of flesh, so his mind work according to the flesh.

The mind of flesh is for dead, but mind of the Spirit is for life, and everyone should mortify that mind of flesh, so that you may not join in the lust from you flesh, and do sin.

Do not commit sin anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 04:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Hey Mikko, i have something to say to you

Do not sin anymore

Old 04-29-2015, 05:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
14. For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15. For that which I do I know not: for not what I would, that do I practise; but what I hate, that I do. 16. But if what I would not, that I do, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17. So now it is no more I that do it, but sin which dwelleth in me. 18. For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me, but to do that which is good is not. 19. For the good which I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I practise. 20. But if what I would not, that I do, it is no more I that do it, but sin which dwelleth in me. 21. I find then the law, that, to me who would do good, evil is present. 22. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23. but I see a different law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity under the law of sin which is in my members. 24. Wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death? 25. I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then I of myself with the mind, indeed, serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. (Romans 7:14-25)

What our dear brother Paulos, writes here is, that his body, or his flesh is still prone to do sin, even though his mind is works now different, because now the mind what he have is a mind of the Spirit, and not mind of the flesh anymore, but the flesh still is prone to rise up lust, and temptations, which he do not anymore join, like the time when he have the mind of flesh.

But if a man do join in the lust from his body, it is because he have not mortify yet the mind of flesh, so his mind work according to the flesh.

The mind of flesh is for dead, but mind of the Spirit is for life, and everyone should mortify that mind of flesh, so that you may not join in the lust from you flesh, and do sin.

Define "lust?"

Old 04-29-2015, 07:33 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:

You are right but many will duisagree or mock this because they want to sin.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:09 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:

Amen, Mikko !

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You are right but many will duisagree or mock this because they want to sin.
And it is quite obvious who is walking according to the flesh or if they are walking in the Spirit, amen !

"Jesus answered them, Verily, verily I say unto you, whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." John 8:34
The word [Greek: doulos] which is translated "servant," in the text, literally signifies a slave; and the thought which our Lord actually conveyed to those who heard Him is, "Whosoever committeth sin is the slave of sin." The apostle Peter, in the second Epistle of his which is so full of terse and terrible description of the effects of unbridled sensuality upon the human will, expresses the same truth.

They that cannot cease from sin," that while they promise their dupes " liberty, (And we do see this attitude of the heart here all the time) they themselves are the servants [slaves] of corruption: For of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."

Sin is the suicidal action of the human will. It destroys the power to do right, which is man's true freedom.

William G.T. Shedd—Sermons to the Natural Man
Sin is Spiritual Slavery

Old 04-29-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Define "lust?"
There are example money greed, and sexually pruriency.

But here our dear brother Paulos writes about last day's carnal christians, and it is very topical part for us today

1. But know this, that in the last days grievous times shall come. 2. For men shall be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, railers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3. without natural affection, implacable, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, no lovers of good, 4. traitors, headstrong, puffed up, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God; 5. holding a form of godliness, but having denied the power therefore. From these also turn away.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, Mikko !

And it is quite obvious who is walking according to the flesh or if they are walking in the Spirit, amen !

"Jesus answered them, Verily, verily I say unto you, whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." John 8:34
The word [Greek: doulos] which is translated "servant," in the text, literally signifies a slave; and the thought which our Lord actually conveyed to those who heard Him is, "Whosoever committeth sin is the slave of sin." The apostle Peter, in the second Epistle of his which is so full of terse and terrible description of the effects of unbridled sensuality upon the human will, expresses the same truth.

They that cannot cease from sin," that while they promise their dupes " liberty, (And we do see this attitude of the heart here all the time) they themselves are the servants [slaves] of corruption: For of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."

Sin is the suicidal action of the human will. It destroys the power to do right, which is man's true freedom.

William G.T. Shedd—Sermons to the Natural Man
Sin is Spiritual Slavery
I see that you have add some link from biblehud.com sites.

I hope that may example have not lead you to go in those page's and read those doctrines, because I do use those page for studying the old text of the Bible, and do give the source to those pages, but my purpose is not ever to lead people's to go and study nothing more that the text of the Holy scriptures.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:59 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:

Yes--we are told to stop sinning. Of course...we can't. That's the issue. Thankfully, God doesn't judge us on our ability to live righteously.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:30 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
All true Christians are saints and sinners at the same time. Paul is describing his desire to live fully according to the law, but because of the sinful flesh, he is unable to do it. This sets up Romans 8:1 and following which frees the Christian of the condemnations of the law.

Ro 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
Ro 8:2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. Ro 8:3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man,
Ro 8:4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

If it was possible for us to keep the law, there would have been no need for Jesus to come. But we cannot, so Jesus came to save us from our sins. After all the Bible clearly states that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Ro 3:21 But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. Ro 3:22 This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, Ro 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, Ro 3:24 and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Define "lust?"
Living under sins temptations, or one's own desire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity