Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:44 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,941,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Haven't seen you around these parts for awhile.

You are like the others in setting your own standards for the terms of life.

At some point, hopefully all of you will allow God to reveal Himself instead of setting the terms yourself.

And there is no worry on my part as far as the unpardonable sin is concerned - as is the case for anyone who is in Christ.
I'm glad you have no worries far as religion goes. It helps a person to sleep at night.

I have no worries about salvation, blood atonement, Jesus Christ and all the rest and I sleep just fine too (outside of this nasty cold I picked up in the Baltic) because I have been absent doing an in-depth study of the historicity of Jesus Christ and have come to the realization (as have hundreds of historians before me) that the Jesus of the gospels simply did not exist, or at most was just an ordinary apocalyptic rabbi wandering around Israel preaching end of the world like hundreds of others and got himself crucified by the Roman leaders for sedition and died. That's all, just died----and was thrown into a grave somewhere to rot. The fact that this story doesn't get told until at least three generations after his supposed resurrection is proof positive the events recorded in the gospels were invented little by little over the decades, then centuries. Sorry to burst your bubble but that's historic fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 06:50 PM

45,598 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
WE get it ALL from the Bible because the Bible CONTAINS truth inspired by God. That does NOT mean it is ALL inspired. We USE the principles taught and demonstrated by Christ to test the Spirit of everything in it against the Spirit of agape love who IS God and the standard of TRUTH. As I said even children can tell what is and what is not agape loving. Why you and so many others seem to have trouble doing so is a mystery.
And you get to chose what is inspired and what isn't...

I guess the part where it says Scripture is inspired... really isn't inspired for you.

The part where Jesus talks about hell, or when He calls others sons of the devil, or when He turns over the tables... is He revealing the Father?

Old 05-12-2015, 08:30 PM

63,864 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
WE get it ALL from the Bible because the Bible CONTAINS truth inspired by God. That does NOT mean it is ALL inspired. We USE the principles taught and demonstrated by Christ to test the Spirit of everything in it against the Spirit of agape love who IS God and the standard of TRUTH. As I said even children can tell what is and what is not agape loving. Why you and so many others seem to have trouble doing so is a mystery.
Quote:
And you get to chose what is inspired and what isn't...
WHAT???? Do you even read what is posted??? The Spirit of agape love chooses what is truth and what is not. If it is agape loving it is truth. If it is NOT agape loving it is NOT truth. What about that do you NOT understand????
Quote:
I guess the part where it says Scripture is inspired... really isn't inspired for you.
I guess like Finn you have trouble with a lack of symmetry. Inspired spiritual truth is CONTAINED in the Bible but not everything in the Bible is spiritual truth. That is why we are to TEST the Spirit against the Spirit of agape love who IS God. Even children can tell what is agape loving and what is NOT.
Quote:
The part where Jesus talks about hell, or when He calls others sons of the devil, or when He turns over the tables... is He revealing the Father?
Jesus never denied the truth that we WILL reap what we sow and do not repent of . . . but NOT MORE and NOT LESS than we SOW.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 05-12-2015 at 08:48 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'm glad you have no worries far as religion goes. It helps a person to sleep at night.

I have no worries about salvation, blood atonement, Jesus Christ and all the rest and I sleep just fine too (outside of this nasty cold I picked up in the Baltic) because I have been absent doing an in-depth study of the historicity of Jesus Christ and have come to the realization (as have hundreds of historians before me) that the Jesus of the gospels simply did not exist, or at most was just an ordinary apocalyptic rabbi wandering around Israel preaching end of the world like hundreds of others and got himself crucified by the Roman leaders for sedition and died. That's all, just died----and was thrown into a grave somewhere to rot. The fact that this story doesn't get told until at least three generations after his supposed resurrection is proof positive the events recorded in the gospels were invented little by little over the decades, then centuries. Sorry to burst your bubble but that's historic fact.
Burst my bubble? LOL... like I am going to listen to you.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:42 PM

10,094 posts, read 5,743,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The "last days" have been going on for 2000 years. The bible says that all of the stars will fall from the sky on the last day. Clearly, the author of Revelation had no idea what a star was, and was totally ignorant about their distance from the earth. If your god wrote the book of Revelation, he would have flunked a 100 level astronomy course at your local community college.
This is false. Israel did not become a nation again until the 1940s and by then, their dead language was restored. Also the desert land became fruitful. Israel is one of the leader exporters of produce despite being in the freaking Middle East. Just like the Bible predicted.

Old 05-12-2015, 08:52 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,941,651 times
Quote:
Burst my bubble? LOL... like I am going to listen to you.
Like I said, it's historic fact. Like the fact that archeologists have never found a single piece of evidence in the entire Sinai, despite years of digging, that 3 millions Hebrews ever wandered around the Sinai for a month, much less 40 years and simply concluded the Exodus never occurred and Moses was just a legendary character.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
WHAT???? Do you even read what is posted??? The Spirit of agape love chooses what is truth and what is not. If it is agape loving it is truth. If it is NOT agape loving it is NOT truth.
What about that do you NOT understand????

I guess like Finn you have trouble with a lack of symmetry. Inspired spiritual truth is CONTAINED in the Bible but not everything in the Bible is spiritual truth. That is why we are to TEST the Spirit against the Spirit of agape love who IS God. Even children can tell what is agape loving and what is NOT.

Jesus never denied the truth that we WILL reap what we sow and do not repent of . . . but NOT MORE and NOT LESS than we SOW.
Can we get something straight? There is no Spirit of agape love. There is the Holy Spirit. Jesus revealed Him as the Holy Spirit, not the Spirit of agape love.

Your standard of agape love is your own standard. God's word is truth as Jesus said.

You say not everything in the Bible is truth... Thrillobyte just said that the Jesus of the gospels did not exist. So he agrees that not all in the Bible is truth. So do you just depend on the spirit speaking to you to tell you what the truth is?

Old 05-12-2015, 09:52 PM

Quote:
WHAT???? Do you even read what is posted??? The Spirit of agape love chooses what is truth and what is not. If it is agape loving it is truth. If it is NOT agape loving it is NOT truth. What about that do you NOT understand???? I guess like Finn you have trouble with a lack of symmetry. Inspired spiritual truth is CONTAINED in the Bible but not everything in the Bible is spiritual truth. That is why we are to TEST the Spirit against the Spirit of agape love who IS God. Even children can tell what is agape loving and what is NOT. Jesus never denied the truth that we WILL reap what we sow and do not repent of . . . but NOT MORE and NOT LESS than we SOW.
Quote:
Can we get something straight? There is no Spirit of agape love. There is the Holy Spirit. Jesus revealed Him as the Holy Spirit, not the Spirit of agape love.
::Sigh:: Do you think at all about what you claim to know??? God IS Spirit. God IS agape love. God IS Holy. Do the math! The Holy Spirit of God IS agape love. Comprendo??? I made nothing up. Jesus revealed it and then He demonstrated it UNAMBIGUOUSLY by His death and crucifixion.
Quote:
Your standard of agape love is your own standard. God's word is truth as Jesus said.
Wrong. He said He was the Living Word of God and that He is the TRUTH. You have substituted the Bible for Jesus because you clearly do not believe He abides with us as the Comforter (sent in His name).
Quote:
You say not everything in the Bible is truth... Thrillobyte just said that the Jesus of the gospels did not exist. So he agrees that not all in the Bible is truth. So do you just depend on the spirit speaking to you to tell you what the truth is?
I will not repeat myself about the test of truth using the Spirit of agape love who IS God. Thrillobyte can believe whatever he wishes. It has nothing to do with me.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:05 PM

God's word is truth... John 17:7.

Call the Holy Spirit by the name He was given by God.

The authority is God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the entire Bible.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:13 PM

Quote:
::Sigh:: Do you think at all about what you claim to know??? God IS Spirit. God IS agape love. God IS Holy. Do the math! The Holy Spirit of God IS agape love. Comprendo??? I made nothing up. Jesus revealed it and then He demonstrated it UNAMBIGUOUSLY by His death and crucifixion. Wrong. He said He was the Living Word of God and that He is the TRUTH. You have substituted the Bible for Jesus because you clearly do not believe He abides with us as the Comforter (sent in His name). I will not repeat myself about the test of truth using the Spirit of agape love who IS God. Thrillobyte can believe whatever he wishes. It has nothing to do with me.
Quote:
God's word is truth... John 17:7.
That would be Jesus! OR didn't you read John correctly???
Quote:
Call the Holy Spirit by the name He was given by God.
See above and do the math. It IS the Spirit of God.
Quote:
The authority is God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the entire Bible.
Wrong. The ONLY authority is God and Jesus said so. Everything He knows is from the Father. He abides with us as the Comforter (sent in His name) to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." He will not lie. The Bible is merely USEFUL (profitable).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity