Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 07:11 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricavenue96 View Post
I am worried that I may have committed the unforgivable sin.

I'll start by saying I am 18, I grew up in a Christian home, I was taught to love the lord from an early age. Sometimes and especially lately, I have struggled with having thoughts that feel like they aren't even mine. Like "Go to hell" to God or even the Holy Spirit and when I have those thoughts, I think Where did that come from? That's far from what I want! I always end up feeling terrible and praying for forgiveness and repentance. I often times have those thoughts come back and bug me like a flee, the thoughts are uncontrollable. I feel like if I focus to hard on not having bad thoughts, I have them worse. Have I committed the unforgivable sin? Could somebody please give me a better understanding of what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is? Can a Christian commit it? Is there hope if somebody does commit it?
Thank you for taking the time to read through my post and God bless!
Another one?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
If you have received Christ as Savior, if you have believed that Christ died for your sins and rose again, then you have eternal life and are eternally secure. As for the sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit listen to this lesson on Matthew 12:15-32 by Dr. Robert Dean of West Houston Bible Church which deals with the subject and put your fears to rest.
'Can you do something so awful that God won’t ever forgive you? Listen to this lesson to learn about the unforgivable sin. Find out that when Jesus pronounced this judgment He was talking to the religious leaders of Israel who were plotting to kill Him. See what blasphemy or the “sin of the high hand” is and that it was punishable in time. Learn that people who have trusted in Christ never need worry about committing an unforgivable sin but should make a decision to be on God’s side and get involved in God’s plan and purpose for their life.'
76 - The Unforgivable Sin [b] - by Robert Dean - Dean Bible Ministries
This will give you the better understanding of what the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is that you asked for if you will take the time to listen to it.
Mike?...Can't you ever proffer original material?...

Old 05-14-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If you're still alive you have not committed the unforgivable sin. The unforgivable sin is to reject Christ.
No it's not...

Old 05-14-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Christ specifically said the opposite and you as a Pastor should know that.
I got me sum pastorin' creedentals on-line two...

Old 05-14-2015, 07:19 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
"Thoughts are like birds flying over head...you can't control them.
But you certainly can control one not making a nest in your hair."

You are normal and doing fine, imo...you have a good heart. xxoo

You could doubt, not believe in or reject even Jesus and our Father
would still adore you beyond your imagination...he would even adore
the person that tried to scare you
saying you committed some unforgivable sin.

Old 05-14-2015, 07:35 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, we all live in a condition like walking on a thin crust, and one misstep, purpose or accident, is enough to send us all crashing to HELL..........or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
No where does scripture say that ... nor do Christians; -- and I presume that you are only using this deflection to put words in the mouth of people who don't believe what you believe. What happened to you? -- You started on this forum upholding truth and the faith, but, it seems that much of what you do anymore is bash other Christians???
It is a view that has historically been presented and which has its echoes in the simple fact that he OP could be confused about whether they have inadvertantly damned themselves..... a ludicrous notion if it were not so pitiful.

I had hoped that anyone with a modicum of intelligence could see that.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:36 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricavenue96 View Post
I am worried that I may have committed the unforgivable sin.

I'll start by saying I am 18, I grew up in a Christian home, I was taught to love the lord from an early age. Sometimes and especially lately, I have struggled with having thoughts that feel like they aren't even mine. Like "Go to hell" to God or even the Holy Spirit and when I have those thoughts, I think Where did that come from? That's far from what I want! I always end up feeling terrible and praying for forgiveness and repentance. I often times have those thoughts come back and bug me like a flee, the thoughts are uncontrollable. I feel like if I focus to hard on not having bad thoughts, I have them worse. Have I committed the unforgivable sin? Could somebody please give me a better understanding of what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is? Can a Christian commit it? Is there hope if somebody does commit it?
Thank you for taking the time to read through my post and God bless!

Dear electricavenue96,
Take a deep breath. Now take another one. And a few more...
With each deep breath you take, breathe in peace, love and acceptance from God.
And with each exhale, breathe out FEAR. Let the fear inside of you dissipate with each exhale.
Breathe in God's love and COMFORT and peace.
Feel the calm start to rise up from your gut all the way into your heart.

There is nothing you can do to make God EVER turn His back on you.
No matter what anyone else tries to tell you, you know this is true.
In your HEART, you know God loves you unconditionally.
The world (yes, including the harlots in a lot of the churches) would have you believe terrible, horrible things about God.

The only blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is attributing EVIL to God. (For instance the idea that God would turn His back on any of His children.)

When I was a young one, my mom died. My best friend in the whole world. My beautiful mom. Dead. A terrible, suffering death.
I hated God for so long and told him that often.
And said very many horrible things to God. (with many expletives.)
Then I turned my back on Him.

I am here to tell you, right now... God loved me through all of that time.
I only did not realize it.

Do not worry one more moment about this, and I guarantee you... those "thoughts" those intrusive thoughts will start to fade and dissipate... along with your fear.
Breathe in His immense love that He has for you. And NEVER let anyone on this earth ever try to take that peace from you. Have faith, friend. Everything is going to be ok.

peace,
sparrow

Old 05-14-2015, 08:46 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
This topic seems to come up frequently here on C-D.

Christianity, with its concept of eternal torture, can cause real psychological damage. The fact that children are indoctrinated with that stuff is an outrage.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:50 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
This topic seems to come up frequently here on C-D.

Christianity, with its concept of eternal torture, can cause real psychological damage. The fact that children are indoctrinated with that stuff is an outrage.

I agree. I cannot rep enough. That is not Christianity. It is a fundamentalist ideology.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:19 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Dear electricavenue96,
Take a deep breath. Now take another one. And a few more...
With each deep breath you take, breathe in peace, love and acceptance from God.
And with each exhale, breathe out FEAR. Let the fear inside of you dissipate with each exhale.
Breathe in God's love and COMFORT and peace.
Feel the calm start to rise up from your gut all the way into your heart.

There is nothing you can do to make God EVER turn His back on you.
No matter what anyone else tries to tell you, you know this is true.
In your HEART, you know God loves you unconditionally.
The world (yes, including the harlots in a lot of the churches) would have you believe terrible, horrible things about God.

The only blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is attributing EVIL to God. (For instance the idea that God would turn His back on any of His children.)

When I was a young one, my mom died. My best friend in the whole world. My beautiful mom. Dead. A terrible, suffering death.
I hated God for so long and told him that often.
And said very many horrible things to God. (with many expletives.)
Then I turned my back on Him.

I am here to tell you, right now... God loved me through all of that time.
I only did not realize it.

Do not worry one more moment about this, and I guarantee you... those "thoughts" those intrusive thoughts will start to fade and dissipate... along with your fear.
Breathe in His immense love that He has for you. And NEVER let anyone on this earth ever try to take that peace from you. Have faith, friend. Everything is going to be ok.

peace,
sparrow
Beautiful witness as usual, sparrow! Rep IOU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity