Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 10:21 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times

Advertisements

Jesus said those who hear the word of the Lord and keep it are blessed. He said those who love Him keep His word.
He also said He knows God and kept His word.

So if Jesus kept God's word then those who love God must keep His word just as Jesus did unless there is more than one way to keep His word.

How did Jesus keep God's word?

How do you keep God's word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2015, 01:49 AM

750 posts, read 644,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus said those who hear the word of the Lord and keep it are blessed. He said those who love Him keep His word.

So if Jesus kept God's word then those who love God must keep His word just as Jesus did unless there is more than one way to keep His word.

Where you get that bolded part?

The only thing we must do is accept and put faith in Jesus as the Lord and savior, ask for forgiveness from our sins, and accept Gods gift of salvation. ie Become born again.

Jesus was God. He never committed any sins. He was the word. Not comparable.

Old 05-27-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Where you get that bolded part?

The only thing we must do is accept and put faith in Jesus as the Lord and savior, ask for forgiveness from our sins, and accept Gods gift of salvation. ie Become born again.

Jesus was God. He never committed any sins. He was the word. Not comparable.
Jesus said those who love Him keep His word. He said to love God above all. If the words of Jesus and the son of man are Gods word then to keep God's word is loving God.

If Jesus said that He kept God's word and God commanded Him to speak His word then it shows that keeping God's word is speaking and spreading God's word as Jesus did. Unless of course you think there are different ways to keep God's word.

IE;

"The man who loves me keeps my word."(Jesus)

"I know Him (the Father) and I keep His word" (Jesus)

Old 05-27-2015, 08:06 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
Quote:

Jesus repeatedly referred to the Old Testament teachings and fulfilled Messianic prophecy. He further said that all who believed His word, would not be judged (John 5:24); but, that those who did not believe, would be condemned by the very words He had spoken (John 12:48).

The words of Christ have been faithfully recorded in scripture/the Bible, where believers have no trouble understanding them.

Old 05-27-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Jesus repeatedly referred to the Old Testament teachings and fulfilled Messianic prophecy. He further said that all who believed His word, would not be judged (John 5:24); but, that those who did not believe, would be condemned by the very words He had spoken (John 12:48).

The words of Christ have been faithfully recorded in scripture/the Bible, where believers have no trouble understanding them.
How do you understand how Jesus kept the word of the Lord? I believe to love Him is to keep His word which was given to Him by God the Father. So if Jesus was given the word of God and commanded to spread it then that is keeping God's word and the word of the son of man since the words are the same.

That is why he said if people keep His word they will keep His followers words because they are the same words.

Continuing in His word is keeping His word and using it as He did.

IE;

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said to you, "Servants are not greater than their master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they have kept my word, they will keep yours also.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:16 PM

If they keep Jesus' word they keep His followers word because the words of the followers are the same as Jesus' words.

"Whoever acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."

Old 06-24-2015, 09:35 AM

709 posts, read 378,031 times
If you keep his word, you keep his commandments.

Love God, and love your neighbor as he has love us.

Love not the world, or mammon, but love God, and your neighbor, and you fulfill the law.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ainasoja View Post
If you keep his word, you keep his commandments.

Love God, and love your neighbor as he has love us.

Love not the world, or mammon, but love God, and your neighbor, and you fulfill the law.
Amen!

Old 06-24-2015, 10:51 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
If they keep Jesus' word they keep His followers word because the words of the followers are the same as Jesus' words.

"Whoever acts in truth comes to the light so his deeds are revealed as works of God."
Does Christ dwell in you?

Old 06-24-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Does Christ dwell in you?
The anointed(Messiah) is he who comes in the name of the Lord.

The Lord and I are One.

The works I do in my Father's name bear witness for me.

I have works greater than John the Baptist. The works the Father gave me to do, the very works I am doing testify God sent me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity