Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 10:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times

Advertisements

If someone calls me a "long-haired" hippie, or a "redneck" cowboy.
Shall I call "fire"
down from heaven to destroy them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 12:00 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
No. Dial 1-800-BEARS-WILL-EAT-THEM-ALIVE.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:04 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I don't often ask God to kill 42 people, but when I do, I make sure they are laughing at me..REALLY?

What kind of GOD responds this way? Just a bit HATEFUL and ANGER filled way to say I LOVE YOU?

HE CANNOT DO WHAT HE WANTS, not if he claims to be a God of LOVE, JUSTICE and MERCY...

And if He is supposed to be the same yesterday today and tomorrow and NEVER changes, how do we trust a God that is constantly acting in a WHIM and doing what ever seems to satisfy his EGO?

YOUR GOD HAS NO MORALS...
Nobody asked the Lord to kill anybody. The Lord did it on His own volition by sending the bears.

The Lord is working through a dwindling number of people in this area of the forum. And He is showing you who He is. But most of you continue to deny His holiness... and deny His power... for some god that you have molded in your own minds that you can control.

The Philistines in the Bible actually constructed their idols. Today, people just dream their idols up in their own minds.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:12 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Nobody asked the Lord to kill anybody. The Lord did it on His own volition by sending the bears.
Oh. Well, in that case, I had it all wrong. The lord wouldn't have children eaten alive by bears just because someone asked him to - he only has children eaten alive by bears when it's his own idea.

That changes everything. The lord is a heck of a guy after all.

Quote:

The Lord is working through a dwindling number of people in this area of the forum. And He is showing you who He is.
Oh, yes, he certainly is. No question about that.

Hey - what was that? Look out! Was it a bear?

Never mind; false alarm. I guess we're OK.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:19 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
The Lord is working through a dwindling number of people in this area of the forum. And He is showing you who He is. But most of you continue to deny His holiness... and deny His power... for some god that you have molded in your own minds that you can control.
The Philistines in the Bible actually constructed their idols. Today, people just dream their idols up in their own minds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Oh. Well, in that case, I had it all wrong. The lord wouldn't have children eaten alive by bears just because someone asked him to - he only has children eaten alive by bears when it's his own idea.
That changes everything. The lord is a heck of a guy after all.
It is mind boggling, Al. The lack of thought and reason that is applied to these absurd beliefs about the nature of God is inexcusable given the unambiguous revelation of God's TRUE NATURE by Jesus.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:38 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:

When His disciples James and John saw this, they said, "Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what kind of spirit you are of; for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them."

Reducing the power of love to the love of power, does not serve as an example of holiness.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:21 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Their progeny did not deserve to be judged.

Really?...So, G-d does not know the future?...

Quote:
God was NOT under obligation to act on such a request.
Who said that He was?....

Quote:
Having God kill your bullies is not what I would call DEFENDING YOURSELF..

He was using whatever he had at his disposal....

Old 06-01-2015, 04:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
love
Do you really know what love is?...

Old 06-01-2015, 05:12 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Do you really know what love is?...
God is love

I can tell you what love ain't--

MAULING 42 people to death because you cannot conbtrol your anger

Othwerwise, if I am mistaken..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raNGeq3_DtM

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 06-01-2015 at 05:24 AM..

Old 06-01-2015, 05:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post

Their progeny did not deserve to be judged.

Really?...So, G-d does not know the future?..

God was NOT under obligation to act on such a request.

Who said that He was?....

Having God kill your bullies is not what I would call DEFENDING YOURSELF..

He was using whatever he had at his disposal....

So first you say God did not call the bears to kill them, then you say what else was he supposed to do?

Evangelcal logic is entertaining, never factual, but it s entertainng..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity