Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 04:19 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times

Advertisements

"You post My name on your money and even added Me to your pledge, but every time a child dies of hunger in your nation of plenty, every time a person dies of a curable disease for lack of health insurance, every time you kill people to show them that killing people is wrong, you prove that the god you speak of on your money and in your pledge is not Me."

-----------------------------Reverend Mark Sandlin

Do we stand and point towards "god" when we find others suffering?

Do we wait for a confession of faith before we provide?

Do we expect others to repent before being "rewarded?"

Are we holding a stick, dangling "god" in front of our neighbors, waiting for them to convert?

Are we constantly adding just one more hoop for them to jump through?

Are we still ramming ancient theology down the throats of others--then justifying our feelings of persecution with their rejection?

When will we take god out of the box, off the draconian pages, and away from the 3rd century BCE and let go of our insecurities and let God..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 04:23 PM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
So who is He? What does He like and dislike? Does He have any standards? He has to be somebody - and not some nebulous figment of one's imagination...

Old 06-01-2015, 05:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
So who is He? What does He like and dislike? Does He have any standards? He has to be somebody - and not some nebulous figment of one's imagination...
Says who?

S/he/it could be something. I think that's much more likely.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:46 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,591,051 times
I got no idea what it is either.

Old 06-01-2015, 05:51 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
2,000 years after Jesus gave us a "New Commandment."

Old 06-01-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Says who?

S/he/it could be something. I think that's much more likely.
You don't know? Why not?

Old 06-01-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
2,000 years after Jesus gave us a "New Commandment."
Bad answer... Bad grammar...

C'mon you guys - this can't be it? You are so confident when you are telling me who He is NOT... Who is God?

Old 06-01-2015, 08:09 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
"You post My name on your money and even added Me to your pledge, but every time a child dies of hunger in your nation of plenty, every time a person dies of a curable disease for lack of health insurance, every time you kill people to show them that killing people is wrong, you prove that the god you speak of on your money and in your pledge is not Me."

-----------------------------Reverend Mark Sandlin

Do we stand and point towards "god" when we find others suffering?

Do we wait for a confession of faith before we provide?

Do we expect others to repent before being "rewarded?"

Are we holding a stick, dangling "god" in front of our neighbors, waiting for them to convert?

Are we constantly adding just one more hoop for them to jump through?

Are we still ramming ancient theology down the throats of others--then justifying our feelings of persecution with their rejection?

When will we take god out of the box, off the draconian pages, and away from the 3rd century BCE and let go of our insecurities and let God..

25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

32 For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 But seek first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:19 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Bad answer... Bad grammar...

C'mon you guys - this can't be it? You are so confident when you are telling me who He is NOT... Who is God?
I'm just wondering if people will get it by the time another 2,000 years goes by.

Old 06-01-2015, 08:30 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,798,703 times
Certainly, there is more to God than what is contained in the Bible. Scripture tells us that.

On the other hand, God will never contradict His written word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity