Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 02:32 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What abilities do you believe men inherently possess that women do not that make them better at leading, pastoring, teaching or preaching?
Quote:
And those natural abilities that men inherently possess and women do not that make men more capable [oops, that should be, "makes ONLY men capable"] of leading, pastoring, teaching and preaching are...?

Anybody? Anybody at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 02:34 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,402 times
Quote:
Anybody? Anybody at all?
Why do you ask humans what God has ordained? He is listening, ask Him.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Last time I checked, marriages and church memberships were both voluntary relationships. If you don't believe in the tenets, don't get involved. Don't like what God has to say? You're free to walk away.

I am under the spiritual authority of God and my wife is under my spiritual authority, and we are both supremely happy in the roles that our God has created for us. It's not sad at all, actually.
Jim Bob, is that you?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:39 PM

124 posts, read 97,910 times
If anything, I think that women make better leaders and pastors for the same reasons that sexists will often give for women doing the child rearing. We are more natural listeners, we're more patient, more in touch with emotion, more natural nurturers... all of these talents that make us good mothers also are the things that make good pastors. A Priest or a Pastor is after all supposed to be the spiritual parent of their flock, the shepherd. Men can possess these qualities, I find they are more likely to possess them if they are fathers and husbands, but for women they are almost innate.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:39 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Jim Bob, is that you?
Yes, you found me. I am the only person who follows God and the Bible in the entire world. You need to get out more.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Why do you ask humans what God has ordained? He is listening, ask Him.
In other words, you don't know.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:48 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
In other words, you don't know.
No you won't be satisfied until people do what you want.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:49 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Some men apparently need to be thought of as "leaders" and that women should be "under them."

How...sad.
So I guess you have never had a supervisor before?

Old 06-10-2015, 02:53 PM

903 posts, read 583,700 times
JJ always hold his own quite well, but I don't want him to think he is alone.

God ordained it and it is that simple. Yes, women can be better listeners, but they can also have a hard time taking emotion out the equation when it needs to be.

As to whether a woman is valued, read Proverbs 31. That is a very strong woman there. Highly valued, highly respected. God highly values women. Paul mentions various women quite often. He sings the praises of Timothy's mother and grandmother.

God chose to define certain roles, certain ways. That is His prerogative.

God does not like divorce. Scripture allows for divorce under certain circumstances, but God always prefers forgiveness and restoration.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
No you won't be satisfied until people do what you want.

Is that one of your innate manly leadership abilities, justitans? Attempting to shut women up when they ask pertinent questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity