Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 10:31 AM

22 posts, read 17,211 times

Advertisements

If you seek love above all else everything else will fall into place. This goes for our faith but also for keeping his commandments. It's actually quite clever of him really, his commandments are set up where you can only really follow them fully with love in your heart.

Also something else to consider it isn't the action that is important but the heart behind the action. So why are you following the law? I think if we are to follow his law it should be because we love him not simply because he said to, sure he loves it when we follow his commands but he loves it even more when we do it out of love for him.

The law is not done away with in fact good luck being a true believer without it because only true love that comes from his heart and his alone produces these laws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 12:14 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blain1 View Post
If you seek love above all else everything else will fall into place. This goes for our faith but also for keeping his commandments. It's actually quite clever of him really, his commandments are set up where you can only really follow them fully with love in your heart.
Also something else to consider it isn't the action that is important but the heart behind the action. So why are you following the law? I think if we are to follow his law it should be because we love him not simply because he said to, sure he loves it when we follow his commands but he loves it even more when we do it out of love for him.
The law is not done away with in fact good luck being a true believer without it because only true love that comes from his heart and his alone produces these laws
Amen. I am always amazed that this is not more readily recognized. The laws were the schoolmaster level of training in self-control of our baser urges. Christ revealed the Spirit behind them and extended them to all aspects of life by telling us to test the Spirit of everything against the Spirit of agape love (who IS God).

Old 06-13-2015, 11:24 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen. I am always amazed that this is not more readily recognized. The laws were the schoolmaster level of training in self-control of our baser urges. Christ revealed the Spirit behind them and extended them to all aspects of life by telling us to test the Spirit of everything against the Spirit of agape love (who IS God).
No ,Jesus never said to test the spirit against agape love.

He said; "If you wish to enter into life keep the commandments. "

"From the believers heart shall flow rivers of living water ".

Old 06-14-2015, 12:06 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Jesus demonstrated keeping the commandmants in a real time relationship, not the stattic one on paper spoken through pophets to othe men.
The reason Jesus provided the Holy Spirit is so the one can obey God real time person to person.
Christians are responsible to be obedient to God real time. Matthew 7 ;21;22;23;
Jesu knows thoe the are actually under His Lordship and those whom are not, and merely using "Jesus name" toward their own ends.
Faith in the use of the power of the name of Jesus, IS NOT OBEDIENCE TO Jesus.
There is a big difference.
Satan knows who Jesus is better than most people, but his rebellion has condemned him to eternity without God, much like many people know he power of Jesus name but are not under Jesus Lordship.
Sin is the absence of obedience ,written or spoken, whether you can hear it or not.
The lack of the Holy Spirit is why men sin, no matter how noble they may appear to one another.

The aspect of education, is the illusion men are distracted with, away from needing God's tutelage.
Jesus made clear tha the Holy Spirit would teach in His place. Paul omitted this essential aspect.
Jesus said nnot to be called teacher master or father, which Paul omitted. and taught the revrese.
1John 2;20 these were not taught by Paul obviously.
REpentence is turning from self govern, to God's govern.
One does not get God's govern with out the Holy Spirit .
In that way one can hear His voice and obey Him and Not sin .

Old 06-14-2015, 03:53 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Keeping the commandments that the Lord gave Moses and the commandments that Jesus gave , will give honor to God and His spiritual authority in our lives and it is our posture that is expected from God , along with the fruits and virtues of the spirit will all give honor to God ....................On the other hand if people ignore these we will break the commandment that God gave Moses we will give spiritual authority to the liberal fallen angel which is the ten horned seven headed , and if we break the commands of Jesus we will give spiritual authority to the fallen angel antichrist , along with the ignoring of the virtues of Christ will give spiritual authority to this same beast ........................ See we can say ``we are not under the law but under grace ``, and still give spiritual authority to these beasts ...................SO If we are under grace than exercise the grace of God and keep the beast of the earth off your table before the Lord and down in the pit where they belong ..................Jesus cannot deliver people of these spirits unless they exercise their authority by Jesus blood

Old 06-14-2015, 04:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Keeping the commandments that the Lord gave Moses and the commandments that Jesus gave , will give honor to God and His spiritual authority in our lives and it is our posture that is expected from God , along with the fruits and virtues of the spirit will all give honor to God ....................On the other hand if people ignore these we will break the commandment that God gave Moses we will give spiritual authority to the liberal fallen angel which is the ten horned seven headed , and if we break the commands of Jesus we will give spiritual authority to the fallen angel antichrist , along with the ignoring of the virtues of Christ will give spiritual authority to this same beast ........................ See we can say ``we are not under the law but under grace ``, and still give spiritual authority to these beasts ...................SO If we are under grace than exercise the grace of God and keep the beast of the earth off your table before the Lord and down in the pit where they belong ..................Jesus cannot deliver people of these spirits unless they exercise their authority by Jesus blood
Jesus said He gave NEW commandments. He then said "All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Then Jesus told us--- "Do this and you will live."

Old 06-14-2015, 07:06 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Jesus did not teach grace .
God does not compromise wih sin then now or ever.
It is Paul's influence that the term grace being applied as though God is compromising with sin.
Jesus taught obedience in an honest transparent realtionship in servitude to the Father.
Jesus said I only do what My Father tells me.
Jesus demonstrated strait and direct words with the pharesees ,something Paul's political correctness avoids .
The disciples when caught by them, and in the leading of the Holy Spirit in them, had strait an diret words no political correctness.
Paul , being a pharesee, on the other hand, is playing footsy with the legal system, assigning respect, God DID NOT endorce in them . Those powers are not endorced by God, then now or ever.
And though Paul sets aside the law ,he goes and establishes laws of his own.
The provision and guidance and tutelage of the Holy Spirit are all the instruction of Law God expects out of the believer, so long as he walks in that relationship.
Stepping out side that relationship choosing self govern over God's Govern is reversing ones repentence back to rebellion. back into sin .regardlss of noble deeds one is back in sin.
Early Christians did not have the printed word, they had what Jesus provided all who will believe and obey , the Holy Spirit ,1 John 2;20
John 15; Mathew 7;21,22,23,
Jesus did not rely on academics to support ones faith ,nor noble deeds , only obedience via the Holy Spirit.
Personal Obedience is proof of faith and belieing.
NOt academics.
Other wise children or the less academiclly enclined would have no chnance.
I knew of small children that recieved the Holy Spirit and learned to obey ,and very little bible knowledge nor knowledge of the law.
I have known many that knew wht God expected of them and choose not to yield,embracing te compromised teaching of Paul over Jesus.
How do you think God will judge on that day?
God will not lie and say "Well done thou good and faithful servat," to some one that has not been obedient. having lived their life attempting to use scriptures as a book of incantation, to appear to please God, with out the Holy Spirit influence.
One thing God hates is excuses.
Especially because He has made such a costly investment, to provide the means, to know the truth, via the Holy Spirit.

Last edited by arleigh; 06-14-2015 at 07:23 AM..

Old 06-14-2015, 07:28 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It is Paul's influence that the term grace being applied as though God is compromising with sin.
Jesus taught obedience in an honest transparent realtionship in servitude to the Father.
Jesus demonstrated strait and direct words with the pharesees ,something Paul's political correctness avoids .
The disciples when caught by them, and in the leading of the Holy Spirit in them, had strait an diret words no political correctness.
Paul , being a pharesee, on the other hand, is playing footsy with the legal system, assigning respect, God DID NOT endorce in them . Those powers are not endorced by God, then now or ever.
The provision and guidance and tutelage of the Holy Spirit are all the instruction of Law God expects out of the believer, so long as he walks in that relationship.
Stepping out side that relationship choosing self govern over God's Govern is reversing ones repentence back to rebellion. back into sin .regardlss of noble deeds one is back in sin.
Early Christians did not have the printed word, they had what Jesus provided all who will believe and obey , the Holy Spirit ,1 John 2;20
Jesus did not rely on academics to support ones faith ,nor noble deeds , only obedience via the Holy Spirit.
NOt academics.
I knew of small children that recieved the Holy Spirit and learned to obey ,and very little bible knowledge nor knowledge of the law.
I have known many that knew wht God expected of them and choose not to yield,embracing te compromised teaching of Paul over Jesus.
God will not lie and say "Well done thou good and faithful servat," to some one that has not been obedient. having lived their life attempting to use scriptures as a book of incantation, to appear to please God, with out the Holy Spirit influence.
Especially because He has made such a costly investment, to provide the means, to know the truth, via the Holy Spirit.
So of this is wrong...

Old 06-14-2015, 07:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jesus said He gave NEW commandments. He then said "All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

Then Jesus told us--- "Do this and you will live."
The person who wrote that obviously didn't know the TaNaKh because both of those commandments are in the TaNaKh...

Old 06-14-2015, 08:25 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
NOt academics.

Never compromises? Are you absolutely sure about this? God has never COMPROMISED ? NEGOTIATED with what is an acceptable level of "sin?"

Time once again to play--NAME THAT CHAPTER and VERSE!!

God is ANGRY with man (what else is new>)

Then Abraham approached him and said: "Will you sweep away the righteous with the wicked?

Abraham asks God to reconsider--

What if there are fifty righteous people in the city? Will you really sweep it away and not spare the place for the sake of the fifty righteous people in it?

Abraham REASONS with God---

Far be it from you to do such a thing--to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?"

God accepts Abraham's logic---

The LORD said, "If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake."

Now Abraham begins NEGOTIATING with God----

Then Abraham spoke up again: "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, though I am nothing but dust and ashes, what if the number of the righteous is five less than fifty? Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five people?"

Again, God accepts Abraham;s negotiations---

"If I find forty-five there," he said, "I will not destroy it."

Now, Abraham goes one step further--

Once again he spoke to him, "What if only forty are found there?"

God is once again willing to accept Abraham's negotiations...

He said, "For the sake of forty, I will not do it."

Hey, if it has worked before...Abraham NEGOTIATES even BETTER ODDS for the survival of the city--0

Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak. What if only thirty can be found there?"

God seems to agree with Abraham and CHANGES the condition for the destruction of the city--0

He answered, "I will not do it if I find thirty there."

Whew..Abraham has really increased the chances of saving the city..BUT, why not get even better odds?

Abraham said, "Now that I have been so bold as to speak to the Lord, what if only twenty can be found there?"

He said, "For the sake of twenty, I will not destroy it."

God must surely be in a very good mood. Abraham has NEGOTIATED from 50 down to 20. That should be enough to save the city! BUT, Perhaps Abraham understands HUMANITY better than we know--so he BOLDLY continues NEGOTIATIONS--

Then he said, "May the Lord not be angry, but let me speak just once more. What if only ten can be found there?"

God knows humanity all too well and AGREES to accept an ever deeper ADJUSTMENT

He answered, "For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it."

So, God starts out wanting to destroy the city completely and Abraham starts NEGOTIATIONS at finding 50 righteous folks. Then Abraham gets it reduced to 45, then 40 and now Abraham goes big and NEGOTIATES an additional drop of 10 people not ONCE, but THREE times God agrees to negotiate reductions in the number of RIGHTEOUS people to be found...and the negotiations stop at 10 righteous people.

Obviously, GOD is not only WILLING to negotiate, His will is no NEGOTIATE so that NONE shall perish..

com·pro·mise
ˈkämprəˌmīz/
noun
an agreement or a settlement of a dispute that is reached by each side making concessions.
"an ability to listen to two sides in a dispute, and devise a compromise acceptable to both"
synonyms: agreement, understanding, settlement, terms, deal, trade-off, bargain; More
verb
settle a dispute by mutual concession.
"in the end we compromised and deferred the issue"
synonyms: meet each other halfway, come to an understanding, make a deal, make concessions, find a happy medium, strike a balance; give and take
"we compromised"
accept standards that are lower than is desirable.
"we were not prepared to compromise on safety"

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 06-14-2015 at 08:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity