Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 07:20 AM

3,768 posts, read 5,888,761 times

Advertisements

Is it possible to be a nudist and a Christian? Or are they an oxymoron? Being in social settings with OUT sexual activity? Comments and relevant experiences please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 07:21 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,400,555 times
What does one have to do with the other?

Old 06-15-2015, 07:37 AM

2,169 posts, read 3,147,894 times
Adam and Eve were nudists.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:39 AM

2,169 posts, read 3,147,894 times
There is nothing wrong with the human body. It's our brain that gets us in trouble. If you can exist in a nudist colony and not have lustful thoughts about people of the opposite sex that you aren't married to, then there is no problem. If you don't see everyday nudity as sexual and lustful, than its no problem. It's when you have lustful thoughts and coveting others when trouble starts. But then again, who needs nudity to have those thoughts? I'm just as guilty as most when I see an attractive woman walk by. If I'm not careful, it can be very easy for sinful thoughts to enter my head. Clothes or no clothes.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:40 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,821,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Is it possible to be a nudist and a Christian? Or are they an oxymoron? Being in social settings with OUT sexual activity? Comments and relevant experiences please.
Why not? Do you think that nudity is inherently immoral? I've never been to a nudist facility, simply because I've never lived close enough to make it worth the membership cost. But I have checked them out, because I've considered joining, and all the ones I checked out had strict rules about public sexual activity.

Here's a quote from a news story -

"It may seem hard to believe, what with all the naked people running around, but nudist resorts are not sexually charged environments. Any type of overt sexual behavior is actually a big no-no."
What Really Goes On Inside Nudist Resorts*|*JustLuxe

Old 06-15-2015, 09:23 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,109,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
Why wouldn't it be? Nudity is only sexual if you make it sexual. The more mature a person is, the more they can handle nudity as just being an aspect of the human form and not a sexual entity. As I understand it, most nudists would find the idea that they live in a 'sexual' world as being quite offensive. Sex is still intimate in nudist colonies, possibly even more so than the usual world.

Breasts for example. There's nothing sexual about them. They serve no necessarily purpose when it comes to sex, but they are often associated with sex, probably because they're only seen during sex. This is also the case with other body parts, that are usually covered except during sex. In a nudist world, you see everything all the time, therefore sex is entirely about the person and not just a physical attraction, which I would imagine is what Christians think sex should be like anyway.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:09 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,621,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
so what. They weren't Christians.

Old 06-15-2015, 10:41 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,309,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
so what. They weren't Christians.
"What" were they? Just everyday theists?

Old 06-15-2015, 11:04 AM

3,768 posts, read 5,888,761 times
Thanks to all that have responded. I am just curious if there are people that attend church regularly that consider themselves nudist or have attended a nudist event or resort? The article from the HuffPo does give some interesting information but I was hoping for some first hand experiences. Thanks!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:16 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,015,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Until God clothed them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity