Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 12:45 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times

Advertisements

Of course there are Christian nudists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 02:43 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,856,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Of course there are Christian nudists.
Thank you, TD, this is what I was looking for.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:45 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,132,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Until God clothed them.
He did?

Old 06-15-2015, 08:08 PM
acw

72 posts, read 73,153 times
I think that Jesus and the Saints did Nudity.

If memory serves me correctly...I think it was called "the 12 saints Nudist Club"....

Old 06-15-2015, 11:32 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,379,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
There is nothing wrong with the human body. It's our brain that gets us in trouble. If you can exist in a nudist colony and not have lustful thoughts about people of the opposite sex that you aren't married to, then there is no problem. If you don't see everyday nudity as sexual and lustful, than its no problem. It's when you have lustful thoughts and coveting others when trouble starts. But then again, who needs nudity to have those thoughts? I'm just as guilty as most when I see an attractive woman walk by. If I'm not careful, it can be very easy for sinful thoughts to enter my head. Clothes or no clothes.
Good post in terms of how the naturists may be likely to adapt to nudity without "lustful thoughts" or no more than the average person, but I do happen to think lust is highly misunderstood from a biblical standpoint and us Christians have been panicking about it alot more than we were ever meant to. The Greek and Hebrew words behind "lust" simply mean "coveting" and coveting is only sinful in certain circumstances. For example, Jesus "coveted" (epithumia) the last supper (Luke 22:15) with out sinning and in the 10th commandment, it is only wrong to covet things that belong to your neighbor. In Matt 5:28, the word translated "woman" is the same word for wife and given the context of "adultery" (a very specific offense in the Torah) and the 10th commandment, it probably should have been translated as "wife" as it was in Tyndales bible.

Now that's not to say coveting an unmarried woman is perfectly ok as it can easily lead to an unhealthy and sinful obsession. But this virtual fear mongering most Christians experience today over every sexual thought or fantasy I believe is not very biblical or rational from a creation standpoint and probably has its roots in the stoicism and asceticism of the first few centuries. Many pastors still act or preach as if our sexuality on switch is only flipped on our wedding night and this is nonsense. Anyways, I'm sure naturists can be as vulnerable to bad coveting as we are, but there is alot less sensationalism around nudity than we experience and therefore its probably not as much of an everyday issue.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:48 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,922,759 times
\There are things people do that get them selves in trouble , most people know where that line is.
Aside from that .
One should, as a christian, find God's instruction in thier own life, as to what He want's of them, and not turning to men for their approval.
No matter what the issue is , there might be a time it is right, and a time it is not ,
only God knows that place, and wehere each individual stands .
Obediece is not always blanket permission /instruction.
I am at liberty in my own home, however there are times the I have been inspired not to, and had unexpected visitors ,so it pays to listen.
It gets really hot here in the 100's so being able to turn on the swamp cooler unclothed is refreshing.
It is inappropreate to run around out side that way ,seeing that neighbors might be offended, no need to be selfish or a exibitionist.
If Ihad no neighbrs that would be different. God is not offended at His own handywork.
As for Adam and Eve. the skins God put on them were the result of the death of sheep in substitute for their sin, as a reminder for their sin.
Hence when Able sacrificed the sheep ,this represented the reminder for the consequences for disobediencce.
Cain gave of out of his garden ,which "was not" a representation of the cost of sin.
Adams covering their bodies ,they were hiding from God like wearing a Gilli suit , they knew they were in trouble.
God is not offended by nakedness , what is offensive is lies and decit and abuse.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:43 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,790,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
"What" were they? Just everyday theists?
Adam and Eve were Jews, of course. Adam is the father of the Jewish "race" quite clearly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity