Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 05:59 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,207,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
If Paul wrote of the words of Jesus why did he not use them.

Paul misunderstood the grace of God as sinners do.
There is one Lord, one faith & one baptism from Genesis to Revelation - I pray the grace of God is revealed to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 04:11 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,459,944 times
Quote:
If Paul wrote of the words of Jesus why did he not use them.

Paul misunderstood the grace of God as sinners do.
Paul did quote Jesus.

Hebrews 1:1-3 KJV Hebrews 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Hebrews 2:10-12 10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

Matthew 12:50 50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

John 17:25-26 25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

This just took a couple of minutes to find and there are more.

Paul followed Jesus' pattern by quoting God, Jesus' Father,
throughout all his writings. This is what Jesus did, Jesus' words were his father's NOT his own, so in quoting God and at times Jesus, Paul was totally in agreement.

Paul got it
, to speak Jesus' words includes God's words, as Jesus clearly said.

John 7:16 16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 12:49 49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 14:10 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 8:28 28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Paul understood and followed Jesus' example and direction. Whenvyou miss that you miss what God wants man to know.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:28 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,793,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Do you believe Jesus' ministry ended when He died His earthly death? You seem to be stuck in this three year span of Jesus' life as though His life and ministry ended on the cross.

Jesus is alive... today. He is able to communicate to people from heaven through the Holy Spirit as He said He would - and that includes communicating to Paul in his day, which was captured in part in the Scriptures.

I don't understand why you are having a hard time with this.
Jesus gave His ministry to those who accept His words. Those who accept the words are the holy spirit, the spirit of truth. Your version of the Holy Spirit is a misunderstanding because you do not accept the ministry and the words.

The spirit of truth is the son and servant of God as Jesus was. He is a comforter as Jesus was. Notice Jesus said that the spirit of truth takes from what is His and declares it. What belongs to the son is the truth, the word of God. There is no polterguiest Holy Spirit. The spirit of truth is as Jesus was a proclaimer of the truth.

Jesus was a spirit of truth as well. The Holy Spirit is another Jesus so to speak, a man of God. He is not a polterguiest that tells one man something and another something different.

"The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him."

Follow me and see the truth.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:24 PM

45,728 posts, read 27,355,122 times
Quote:
Jesus gave His ministry to those who accept His words. Those who accept the words are the holy spirit, the spirit of truth. Your version of the Holy Spirit is a misunderstanding because you do not accept the ministry and the words.

The spirit of truth is the son and servant of God as Jesus was. He is a comforter as Jesus was. Notice Jesus said that the spirit of truth takes from what is His and declares it. What belongs to the son is the truth, the word of God. There is no polterguiest Holy Spirit. The spirit of truth is as Jesus was a proclaimer of the truth.

Jesus was a spirit of truth as well. The Holy Spirit is another Jesus so to speak, a man of God. He is not a polterguiest that tells one man something and another something different.

"The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him."

Follow me and see the truth.
There are not different versions of the Holy Spirit. The spirit of truth is not a son of God. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God... that's John 3:16 and other verses. The Holy Spirit is not another Jesus. They are different beings with different functions given to them by God. Did the Holy Spirit die for your sins? No. Jesus did that. And you are not the arbiter of what the Holy Spirit tells people. Jesus distinguishes who the Holy Spirit will speak to, but does not mention what will be said other than it will come from Him. That does not limit Jesus words to only what He said in a three year span of time. Jesus is continually using the Holy Spirit since His death to communicate to the saints.

Question... Did the Jesus use the Holy Spirit to speak through Peter in Acts 2?

By the way... I do appreciate this discussion because it is a real biblical, Christian discussion - as opposed to what generally has been discussed here as of late.

Old 06-28-2015, 02:19 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,793,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There are not different versions of the Holy Spirit. The spirit of truth is not a son of God. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God... that's John 3:16 and other verses. The Holy Spirit is not another Jesus. They are different beings with different functions given to them by God. Did the Holy Spirit die for your sins? No. Jesus did that. And you are not the arbiter of what the Holy Spirit tells people. Jesus distinguishes who the Holy Spirit will speak to, but does not mention what will be said other than it will come from Him. That does not limit Jesus words to only what He said in a three year span of time. Jesus is continually using the Holy Spirit since His death to communicate to the saints.

Question... Did the Jesus use the Holy Spirit to speak through Peter in Acts 2?

By the way... I do appreciate this discussion because it is a real biblical, Christian discussion - as opposed to what generally has been discussed here as of late.
The Spirit of truth is the son of man Jesus spoke of when He spoke of the son of man's return. That is why Jesus said "when he comes". He did not say when "I come".

The Spirit of truth is a spirit of the word of God not only the words of Jesus the man but of the son of man, all the prophets. The son of man encompasses all the prophets of God not Jesus alone.

Notice that Jesus when speaking of the spirit of truth says "he will take from what is mine". He did not say he will say what Jesus tells him to say as you have said. Taking from the truth is taking from Jesus because the son of man is the truth, the word of God.

"Just as it was in the days of Noah so shall it be at the coming of the son of man."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity