Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 03:18 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,307,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You certainly go about it in an un-Christian-like fashion. Mockery and insulting are not fruits of the spirit.
Thanks for noticing. As my idol, Jesus has been a great influence on my snarky responses to the Pharisee here on C-D...

Really? Suppose you disapprove of Jesus' MOCKERY towards those in high places like the Pharisees and Pilot? As a good joe, Jesus NEVER gave either straight answer..

Therefore, I consider my self to be in excellent company in regards to MOCKING false teachings..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Me? Nothing. I actually enjoy increasing my faith by digging in, but...

Jesus gave the business to the Pharisees because they were trying to justify themselves by the law (sound familiar?) and were pushing around those very qualified to receive grace - those in which the law had dead to rights.
Hmmm...let's say like using scripture to deny equal rights? Using scripture to oppress the poor? Using scripture to belittle the hungry? Using scripture to shame women? Using scripture to justify discrimination?

Stop me any time if you already know this as being OBVIOUS...

Old 07-15-2015, 03:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It's just entertainment value for him.
It just looks like I'm having fun. I'm actually deadly serious about puncturing the pompous pontificating of ostentatiously pious bigots.

Which, I suppose, explains your antipathy.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It just looks like I'm having fun. I'm actually deadly serious about puncturing the pompous pontificating of ostentatiously pious bigots.

That's just because you make it look so easy...I mean they make it so easy..I mean..aw forget it...

Stay calm and continue on

Old 07-15-2015, 03:32 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,633,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Me? Nothing. I actually enjoy increasing my faith by digging in, but...

Funny,I have never increased my faith by digging in.

Digging in makes me immovable, clogging the pores and stuffing my ears. Digging in makes me become dry and thirsty, or so full sludge, my roots rot and die. Those were easy lessons for me.

What do you gain by digging in?

Old 07-15-2015, 03:36 PM

45,760 posts, read 27,404,148 times
Quote:

I'm just going by what you have posted in the past. You know.. stuff like you were trying to make as many posts as possible one night... you did say that, right? And you were pulling my leg because you knew I would take your comments a certain way... you said that stuff. So what am I to think? You are here for entertainment value.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:36 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,214,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Saan and little elmer . . . Christian bashing is not allowed and is vigorously moderated here . . . as is ANY religion bashing. As it turns out most of the religion bashing happens by Christians who disapprove of other Christian beliefs that they do not agree with. Any religion that professes to be the ONLY true religion is in for some disagreement . . so chill. It is arrogant to do so.
There's upwards of 30k denominations of Christianity...

...need to stop and ponder that - what a great book the bible is to support that many doctrines!

Anyway, I try to understand where everyone is coming from and can relate to a lot of journeys; many of us have taken similar paths through life and remember believing differently than we do now - but what I'm talking about is not accepting Jesus Christ as the stated savior of scripture, or at least being stuck under the old covenant - we've all been there, and must pass through the process of coming the end of ourselves - I get it, that's scriptural.

But if you're not a christian and you're refusing to accommodate when someone has basis for believing like they do; something has to give...a respectful "we have a difference of opinion, but I love you anyway" should be common on a board naming grace as their modus operandi.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:38 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,214,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
What do you gain by digging in?
Digging into why you believe like you do - if you're in error, you discover it; it's it's truth, you build evidence.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,277,958 times
Quote:
I'm just going by what you have posted in the past. You know.. stuff like you were trying to make as many posts as possible one night... you did say that, right? And you were pulling my leg because you knew I would take your comments a certain way... you said that stuff. So what am I to think? You are here for entertainment value.
I'll confess that there are a handful of fundie types I enjoying watching get their panties in a twist.

And I remember the night you referenced -- somewhat surprisingly -- because there was a fair few dollops of tequila involved.

Sweet of you to remember too.

Now where's that blowing-a-kiss smiley....?

Ah, here ya go.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:46 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times
Quote:

Quote:
Nothing wrong with enjoying his work.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity