Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 03:47 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,949,858 times

Advertisements

Little Elmer , best thread yet started on Christianity Forum, I know exactly where you are coming from, it is one thing when one comes here as a learning process but another to bash or just use for sole entertainment value. We are grown adults here not children, mostly intellectuals not dummies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 03:47 PM

63,876 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Saan and little elmer . . . Christian bashing is not allowed and is vigorously moderated here . . . as is ANY religion bashing. As it turns out most of the religion bashing happens by Christians who disapprove of other Christian beliefs that they do not agree with. Any religion that professes to be the ONLY true religion is in for some disagreement . . so chill. It is arrogant to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
There's upwards of 30k denominations of Christianity...
...need to stop and ponder that - what a great book the bible is to support that many doctrines!
Anyway, I try to understand where everyone is coming from and can relate to a lot of journeys; many of us have taken similar paths through life and remember believing differently than we do now - but what I'm talking about is not accepting Jesus Christ as the stated savior of scripture, or at least being stuck under the old covenant - we've all been there, and must pass through the process of coming the end of ourselves - I get it, that's scriptural.
But if you're not a christian and you're refusing to accommodate when someone has basis for believing like they do; something has to give...a respectful "we have a difference of opinion, but I love you anyway" should be common on a board naming grace as their modus operandi.
About this, we do not significantly disagree, little elmer. Agape love is the key God's cosmic orchestra is playing in.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:53 PM

45,613 posts, read 27,230,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'll confess that there are a handful of fundie types I enjoying watching get their panties in a twist.

And I remember the night you referenced -- somewhat surprisingly -- because there was a fair few dollops of tequila involved.

Sweet of you to remember too.

Now where's that blowing-a-kiss smiley....?

Ah, here ya go.
No worries from me... I just know not to take you seriously.

Old 07-15-2015, 03:57 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nothing wrong with enjoying his work.
That's true. I never stayed long at a job I didn't enjoy.

Reckon I'll hang around here for the duration.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:

....... tequila ....

I'd guess your detractors wouldn't like that either.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:14 PM

63,876 posts, read 40,149,593 times
Quote:
. . . there was a fair few dollops of tequila involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'd guess your detractors wouldn't like that either.
The temperance types have no respect for drunkards!

Old 07-15-2015, 04:22 PM

1,422 posts, read 952,560 times
Quote:
It seems we have a few members punching below the belt when a Christian states what they believe, and then gives scripture to support their viewpoints.

This seems to be unethical conduct, and not something that should interrupt communication between Christians (and others) who come here for reasons other than to combat people's faith.

If you don't believe the Bible (pick a translation), then you're wasting your time & bandwidth trying to challenge people's faith for the sake of your entertainment.

To define: Christian (n, pn) A person who believes God the Father has sent His Son Jesus Christ to take away the sins of the world, apart from man's efforts.
Here...

Old 07-15-2015, 05:37 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,059,451 times
Quote:
It seems we have a few members punching below the belt when a Christian states what they believe, and then gives scripture to support their viewpoints.

This seems to be unethical conduct, and not something that should interrupt communication between Christians (and others) who come here for reasons other than to combat people's faith.

If you don't believe the Bible (pick a translation), then you're wasting your time & bandwidth trying to challenge people's faith for the sake of your entertainment.

To define: Christian (n, pn) A person who believes God the Father has sent His Son Jesus Christ to take away the sins of the world, apart from man's efforts.
I'm pretty sure what you're doing is unethical...And you're probably talking about me...So, I might construe this as a personal attack, you know, trying to stir people up against one individual...Just because you have trouble understanding truth doesn't mean you get to bad mouth people...Instead of trying to ascertain if what others are going on about, you just prefer to attack because you lack the education to debate...This is typical of these types of people...As I said before, you claim Christianity as truth, I am showing you how it has been bastardized into what it is today...That your Christian Old Testament is not translated verbatim from the Hebrew TaNaKh and has been modified...If it has been modified and does not say the same thing as the TaNaKh, then you must ask yourself why, what was the agenda?... otherwise you just settle for being deceived...

You have plenty of atheists coming on here and speaking their mind and you don't seem to have an issue with that because they are not trying to speak truth to you, however those that are trying to get you to think for yourself and seek the truth, these you hunt down an exterminate...

Old 07-15-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
(Un)Christians - Why are You on the Christianity Forum?

Because...(for the umpteenth time)...this forum is not for Christians. It exists to discuss Christianity.
Amazing, ain't it?...

Old 07-15-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Me? Nothing. I actually enjoy increasing my faith by digging in, but...
Fact is, you don't seem to dig in...You just seem to parrot some author or televangelist...Which I have either read or heard before, nothing original...

Quote:
Jesus gave the business to the Pharisees because they were trying to justify themselves by the law (sound familiar?) and were pushing around those very qualified to receive grace - those in which the law had dead to rights.
No, he did not give them the business because they were trying to justify themselves by the Law...Jesus never talked about grace...He said to follow me, in other words, do what I do, walk as I walk, imitate me...And you do not imitate him...

He said the Law would not pass away until what?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity