Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 12:19 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Having faith means obeying the word of God. You cant be a practicing homosexual and think you are saved, as they havent even repented of their own sin of sexual immorality.
That only applies to you. It is the message you hear and follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 12:25 PM

440 posts, read 378,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
And sin is God defined. Homosexuality is sexual immorality and is a SIN. Man-made doctrine says Homosexuality is natural and Biblical doctrine says its detestable.
Homosexuality is not immoral.
When religion vilifies a group of people injustly then that religion is immoral.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:31 PM

18,514 posts, read 9,196,541 times
Here's an idea: why don't we ask God directly for his opinion on the issue, rather than relying on his self-proclaimed mouthpieces. It's funny how God can only speak to humanity with the help of various middle-men.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:31 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,340,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Their double standard is kinda amusing. For example, they use the fact that Jesus doesn't speak out against homosexuality using that specific term to conclude that Jesus approved of homosexuality.

Yet, they have no problem applying a gay interpretation involving David and Jonathan based only on a couple of vague verses that never specifically mention homosexuality.

Jeff, is that any different than those who said that just because God or Jesus did not condemm slavery does not mean that he condones it?

Old 07-27-2015, 12:32 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,226,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Here's an idea: why don't we ask God directly for his opinion on the issue, rather than relying on his self-proclaimed mouthpieces. It's funny how God speaks exclusively through middle-men.
He has told us what he thinks. It's recorded in the Bible. I'm not spouting off with my own opinion--I preach what God has already said. It's the guy that claims Jesus been talking to him that you need to worry about.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:46 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,943,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
He has told us what he thinks. It's recorded in the Bible. I'm not spouting off with my own opinion--I preach what God has already said. It's the guy that claims Jesus been talking to him that you need to worry about.
I agree!

Which why so many are concerned about what Paul said. Why should we believe Paul and not anybody else who think that Jesus is talking to them?

Old 07-27-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How do you know the bible is a record of what (your) God thinks? Unless you have evidence to back up that extraordinary claim, it's just your opinion.

I agree, the guy/gal who thinks he/she is getting direct communication from Jesus is baths--t crazy.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
That only applies to you. It is the message you hear and follow.
And SAAN would probably say the exact same thing about you.

Will the REAL mouthpiece of God please stand up?

Old 07-27-2015, 01:05 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
And SAAN would probably say the exact same thing about you.

Will the REAL mouthpiece of God please stand up?
I have no doubt. However, I make no claim to be God's mouth piece. I am solid in my faith, and beliefs, and my truth.

I do not abide discrimination against, LGTBQ, women, minorities, children, the elderly. My faith does not allow silence on this matter. It is that simple.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:18 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,755,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
In 1 Samuel 20 David and Jonathan "kissed one another, and wept with one another" when they parted for, what they thought might be, the last time.

And they kissed one another, and wept one with another, until David exceeded. 20:41

And here’s what an article at ReligiousTolerance.org says about the whole David “exceeded” thing.

The original Hebrew text says that they kissed each other and wept together until David became large. The word which means "became large" in this passage is "gadal" in the original Hebrew. The same word is used elsewhere in the Hebrew Scriptures to refer to King Solomon being greater than all other kings. Some theologians interpret "gadal" in this verse as indicating that David had an erection.
Every translation I read says "exceeded" means David wept more which makes perfect sense in the context. Your interpretation is such a far reach that doesn't prove anything. Words in the Hebrew language often have double meanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity