Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 05:12 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,881,846 times

Advertisements

"My God my God way hast thou forsaken me?" David in the messanic song " My God my God why hast thou forsaken me"? (Psalms 22) I need a good interpretation of this revelation my wife uncovered as it gives an apparent reflection within Davids distraughtness and may have a hidden meaning we can't seem to crack. Looking for some of my mentoring theologians in data for help . Please there is a mix of prophecy, reflection by Jesus ,or sharing of Davids sorrow even evidence of Jesus ' humanity ( necessary for suffering and dying)?. Anyway HELP!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 10:04 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,904,086 times
It is comparing the suffering of the messiah (Christ) to the suffering expressed by the Psalmist. It is showing there is a common theme running between the Psalms and the Prophets (specifically Isaiah.)

It's really nothing more than that, that would make any sort of sense to me. Because I think that the gospels were symbolic stories of the Christ spirit inside of us.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:09 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,248,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I think that the gospels were symbolic stories of the Christ spirit inside of us.
I think so too. Not to say that I don't believe there was really a literal man named Jesus who was the firstborn of God and was crucified and raised from the dead. I believe the scriptures have many layers of meaning. There is milk and there are the very deep things of God. Sufficient for everyone wherever they may be in spiritual development.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:13 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,083,499 times
I believe one of the four gospels chosen by St. Ireneus to be included into the "general Christian (i.e. Catholic)" canon for the New Testament addition into the "Holy Scriptures" has Jesus merely saying "It is finished."

Old 07-24-2015, 11:46 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,825,941 times
PaRDeS

What your wife discovered is a gift.
Continue to read and discover more. The Law(Torah) and Prophets(Zechariah,Ezekiel,Jeremiah,etc.). Hang on 2 commandments.
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

• Peshat (פְּשָׁט) — "surface" ("straight") or the literal (direct) meaning.[1]
  • Remez (רֶמֶז) — "hints" or the deep (allegoric: hidden or symbolic) meaning beyond just the literal sense.
  • Derash (דְּרַשׁ) — from Hebrew darash: "inquire" ("seek") — the comparative (midrashic) meaning, as given through similar occurrences.
  • Sod (סוֹד) (pronounced with a long O as in 'sore') — "secret" ("mystery") or the esoteric/mystical meaning, as given through inspiration or revelation.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:59 AM

9,699 posts, read 10,055,137 times
Forsaken means to forget someone and even excommunication in the spirit with forgiveness to God , but for a peace sakes ........ The scripture is used and discovered by cross reference a few times in the Book of Psalms

Old 07-25-2015, 02:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,551,805 times
It is the beginning sentence to that psalm. Jesus was not referring to God forsaking Him, He was referring to the psalm written by David.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:28 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,825,941 times
The Song of Moses.

22 So Moses wrote this song the same day, and taught it the children of Israel. כג וַיְצַו אֶת-יְהוֹשֻׁעַ בִּן-נוּן, וַיֹּאמֶר חֲזַק וֶאֱמָץ--כִּי אַתָּה תָּבִיא אֶת-בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, אֶל-הָאָרֶץ אֲשֶׁר-נִשְׁבַּעְתִּי לָהֶם; וְאָנֹכִי, אֶהְיֶה עִמָּךְ. 23 And he gave Joshua the son of Nun a charge, and said: 'Be strong and of good courage; for thou shalt bring the children of Israel into the land which I swore unto them; and I will be with thee.' כד וַיְהִי כְּכַלּוֹת מֹשֶׁה, לִכְתֹּב אֶת-דִּבְרֵי הַתּוֹרָה-הַזֹּאת--עַל-סֵפֶר: עַד, תֻּמָּם. 24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, כה וַיְצַו מֹשֶׁה אֶת-הַלְוִיִּם, נֹשְׂאֵי אֲרוֹן בְּרִית-יְהוָה לֵאמֹר. 25 that Moses commanded the Levites, that bore the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying: כו לָקֹחַ, אֵת סֵפֶר הַתּוֹרָה הַזֶּה, וְשַׂמְתֶּם אֹתוֹ, מִצַּד אֲרוֹן בְּרִית-יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם; וְהָיָה-שָׁם בְּךָ, לְעֵד. 26 'Take this book of the law, and put it by the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. כז כִּי אָנֹכִי יָדַעְתִּי אֶת-מֶרְיְךָ, וְאֶת-עָרְפְּךָ הַקָּשֶׁה; הֵן בְּעוֹדֶנִּי חַי עִמָּכֶם הַיּוֹם, מַמְרִים הֱיִתֶם עִם-יְהוָה, וְאַף, כִּי-אַחֲרֵי מוֹתִי. 27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck; behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death? כח הַקְהִילוּ אֵלַי אֶת-כָּל-זִקְנֵי שִׁבְטֵיכֶם, וְשֹׁטְרֵיכֶם; וַאֲדַבְּרָה בְאָזְנֵיהֶם, אֵת הַדְּבָרִים הָאֵלֶּה, וְאָעִידָה בָּם, אֶת-הַשָּׁמַיִם וְאֶת-הָאָרֶץ. 28 Assemble unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to witness against them. כט כִּי יָדַעְתִּי, אַחֲרֵי מוֹתִי כִּי-הַשְׁחֵת תַּשְׁחִתוּן, וְסַרְתֶּם מִן-הַדֶּרֶךְ, אֲשֶׁר צִוִּיתִי אֶתְכֶם; וְקָרָאת אֶתְכֶם הָרָעָה, בְּאַחֲרִית הַיָּמִים--כִּי-תַעֲשׂוּ אֶת-הָרַע בְּעֵינֵי יְהוָה, לְהַכְעִיסוֹ בְּמַעֲשֵׂה יְדֵיכֶם. 29 For I know that after my death ye will in any wise deal corruptly, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the end of days; because ye will do that which is evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke Him through the work of your hands.' ל וַיְדַבֵּר מֹשֶׁה, בְּאָזְנֵי כָּל-קְהַל יִשְׂרָאֵל, אֶת-דִּבְרֵי הַשִּׁירָה, הַזֹּאת--עַד, תֻּמָּם. {ש} 30 And Moses spoke in the ears of all the assembly of Israel the words of this song, until they were finished: {P}22 So Moses wrote this song the same day, and taught it the children of Israel. כג וַיְצַו אֶת-יְהוֹשֻׁעַ בִּן-נוּן, וַיֹּאמֶר חֲזַק וֶאֱמָץ--כִּי אַתָּה תָּבִיא אֶת-בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל, אֶל-הָאָרֶץ אֲשֶׁר-נִשְׁבַּעְתִּי לָהֶם; וְאָנֹכִי, אֶהְיֶה עִמָּךְ. 23 And he gave Joshua the son of Nun a charge, and said: 'Be strong and of good courage; for thou shalt bring the children of Israel into the land which I swore unto them; and I will be with thee.' כד וַיְהִי כְּכַלּוֹת מֹשֶׁה, לִכְתֹּב אֶת-דִּבְרֵי הַתּוֹרָה-הַזֹּאת--עַל-סֵפֶר: עַד, תֻּמָּם. 24 And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished, כה וַיְצַו מֹשֶׁה אֶת-הַלְוִיִּם, נֹשְׂאֵי אֲרוֹן בְּרִית-יְהוָה לֵאמֹר. 25 that Moses commanded the Levites, that bore the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying: כו לָקֹחַ, אֵת סֵפֶר הַתּוֹרָה הַזֶּה, וְשַׂמְתֶּם אֹתוֹ, מִצַּד אֲרוֹן בְּרִית-יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם; וְהָיָה-שָׁם בְּךָ, לְעֵד. 26 'Take this book of the law, and put it by the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. כז כִּי אָנֹכִי יָדַעְתִּי אֶת-מֶרְיְךָ, וְאֶת-עָרְפְּךָ הַקָּשֶׁה; הֵן בְּעוֹדֶנִּי חַי עִמָּכֶם הַיּוֹם, מַמְרִים הֱיִתֶם עִם-יְהוָה, וְאַף, כִּי-אַחֲרֵי מוֹתִי. 27 For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck; behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death? כח הַקְהִילוּ אֵלַי אֶת-כָּל-זִקְנֵי שִׁבְטֵיכֶם, וְשֹׁטְרֵיכֶם; וַאֲדַבְּרָה בְאָזְנֵיהֶם, אֵת הַדְּבָרִים הָאֵלֶּה, וְאָעִידָה בָּם, אֶת-הַשָּׁמַיִם וְאֶת-הָאָרֶץ. 28 Assemble unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to witness against them. כט כִּי יָדַעְתִּי, אַחֲרֵי מוֹתִי כִּי-הַשְׁחֵת תַּשְׁחִתוּן, וְסַרְתֶּם מִן-הַדֶּרֶךְ, אֲשֶׁר צִוִּיתִי אֶתְכֶם; וְקָרָאת אֶתְכֶם הָרָעָה, בְּאַחֲרִית הַיָּמִים--כִּי-תַעֲשׂוּ אֶת-הָרַע בְּעֵינֵי יְהוָה, לְהַכְעִיסוֹ בְּמַעֲשֵׂה יְדֵיכֶם. 29 For I know that after my death ye will in any wise deal corruptly, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the end of days; because ye will do that which is evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke Him through the work of your hands.' ל וַיְדַבֵּר מֹשֶׁה, בְּאָזְנֵי כָּל-קְהַל יִשְׂרָאֵל, אֶת-דִּבְרֵי הַשִּׁירָה, הַזֹּאת--עַד, תֻּמָּם. {ש} 30 And Moses spoke in the ears of all the assembly of Israel the words of this song, until they were finished: {P}

Old 07-26-2015, 09:08 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,615,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
"My God my God way hast thou forsaken me?" David in the messanic song " My God my God why hast thou forsaken me"? (Psalms 22) I need a good interpretation of this revelation my wife uncovered as it gives an apparent reflection within Davids distraughtness and may have a hidden meaning we can't seem to crack. Looking for some of my mentoring theologians in data for help . Please there is a mix of prophecy, reflection by Jesus ,or sharing of Davids sorrow even evidence of Jesus ' humanity ( necessary for suffering and dying)?. Anyway HELP!!!!!!
Psalm 22 is a primary Messianic Psalm. Although it was attributed to David, we do not know
for sure if David said it, or wrote it, because it was the custom of the time (especially considering
the high regard in which David was held) for parts of the Word to be attributed to the king.
The issue of David's authorship aside, Psalm 22 is not about David's suffering, or events
surrounding David at all. It is a prophecy beyond time, directly inspired by God to the writer
of the song some 1000 years before the life of Christ, describing specifically the end of the
Messiah's life as a man in this world. It was written about Jesus.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:36 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,551,805 times
If one takes a bible course it will show how the NT refers back to the OT many, many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity