Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 03:37 AM

9,696 posts, read 10,045,032 times

Advertisements

In Exodus :29-34 says .......``When Moses came down from Mount Sinai, with the two tablets of the testimony in his hand as he came down from the mountain ..........., Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because he had been talking with God ................Aaron and all the people saw Moses, and behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.................But Moses called to them , and Aaron and all the leaders of the congregation returned to him , and Moses talked with them...................Afterward all the people of Israel came near, and he commanded them all that the Lord had spoken with Him in Mount Sinai...................And when Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face................. Whenever Moses went in before the Lord to speak with him, he would remove the veil, until he came out.................. And when he came out and told the people of Israel what he was commanded ....``....................See here is Moses who got in to the presence of God in a more profound way and His skin shone in God glory of the light .......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 05:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,731,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
So you reject His word and the Gospel of John. Jesus did not die for anyone's sin. Never said He did. But the words in the opening thread He did say. But of course you reject them and still think you follow Him. Ridiculous.
Some people are offended by the mere mention of the word of God.

Old 08-10-2015, 07:48 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is the most absurd claptrap. Love is not about words. It is about actions. Actually thinking that God want us to memorize and spout words at one another is too ridiculous to contemplate. A five-year old would know better than that.
His elevator does not go all the way to the top floor, Dew. He LITERALLY thinks God created us to say certain words to each other to be saved from Hell. It boggles the mind.
Riiiiiight. no need to actually eat, just speak the right words! We got ya'!
Because you do not keep His commandment's you misunderstand scripture and the power of God. If you knew me you would know my Father also.
because I come from Him, He sent me.

It is written in the prophets;

"Here is the covenant I have made with them; My spirit which is upon you and my words which I have put into your mouth shall never leave your mouth nor the mouth of your children nor the mouth of your children's children from now on and forever."

Old 08-10-2015, 08:29 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,563,632 times
Jesus also said in Matthew 25:

34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
44 “Then they also will answer Him,[b] saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

So it seems rather clear here that if all you do is quote from the bible, but you do not love your brother enough to feed him, clothe him, visit him or take him in, (IOW showing agape love by meeting his human needs), you are on the left hand...

Old 08-10-2015, 08:44 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,270,363 times
Quote:
Quoting God is what Jesus did.

Quoting God to your neighbor is loving God and neighbor.

"The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."

"I do nothing on my own I only say what the Father has taught me for the One who sent me is with me He has not deserted me because I always do what pleases Him."

But that was not His only act (nor was it His purpose)

Jesus also did--

Isaiah 61New International Version (NIV)
The Year of the Lord’s Favor

61 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
[SIZE=2]2 [/SIZE]to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
[SIZE=2]3 [/SIZE] and provide for those who grieve in Zion
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.

HE DID NOT DO ALL THIS BY QUOTING GOD...

Old 08-10-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Jesus also said in Matthew 25:

34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’
41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’
44 “Then they also will answer Him,[b] saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

So it seems rather clear here that if all you do is quote from the bible, but you do not love your brother enough to feed him, clothe him, visit him or take him in, (IOW showing agape love by meeting his human needs), you are on the left hand...
You feed them with the word of God, clothe them with the word of God, give them drink with the word of God, free them with the word of God, heal them with the word of God, etc, etc.

"Anyone who drinks the water I give them shall never become thirsty, the water I give them shall be like a fountain inside them springing up to provide eternal life."

"If you do not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink His blood there is no life in you."

"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."

Old 08-10-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But that was not His only act (nor was it His purpose)

Jesus also did--

Isaiah 61New International Version (NIV)
The Year of the Lord’s Favor

61 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
[SIZE=2]2 [/SIZE]to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
[SIZE=2]3 [/SIZE] and provide for those who grieve in Zion
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.

HE DID NOT DO ALL THIS BY QUOTING GOD...
Yes, He did it by the word of God.

He was sent to spread God's word as He said; "The reason I was born and came into the world was to testify the truth."

Old 08-10-2015, 03:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,237,514 times
Quote:
Think like God not like man.

What did Jesus say; "You should not be seeking food that will perish but food that endures unto eternal life, food which the son of man will give you for it is upon him that God has set His seal."
I think like someone who knows hunger is a serious problem. As did Jesus...... and he made sure everyone had plenty to eat before he gave the Sermon on the Mount.

Old 08-10-2015, 06:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,820,890 times
Deuteronomy 4:39-40 - Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. Thou shalt keep therefore his statutes, and his commandments, which I command thee this day, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy days upon the earth, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, for ever.

Romans 7:12 - Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Romans 7:22 - For I delight in the law of God after the inward man.

1 And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt bethink thyself among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee,

15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil,
16 in that I command thee this day to love the LORD thy God, to walk in His ways, and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His ordinances; then thou shalt live and multiply, and the LORD thy God shall bless thee in the land whither thou goest in to possess it.

But if thy heart turn away, and thou wilt not hear, but shalt be drawn away, and worship other gods, and serve them;

1 John 2:3-5 - And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Hebrews 1King James Version (KJV)
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
Revelation..13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Old 08-10-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think like someone who knows hunger is a serious problem. As did Jesus...... and he made sure everyone had plenty to eat before he gave the Sermon on the Mount.
Jesus could have gone around just feeding the poor but He didn't. He said why He was sent but people refuse to accept it.

He said; "I must go and proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the surrounding cities for this is why I was sent."

"The reason I was born and came into the world was to testify the truth."

If the truth is the word of God then the good news is the word of God or Jesus made a mistake about why He was sent.
He was sent to spread the word of God and so are His disciples.

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity