Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2018, 01:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,496,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I look at gay people as just people. I don't define people by their sexual activities or desires. Homosexuality is a perversion just like any other form of sexual immorality. The whole "icky" comment is nothing more than pedestal posturing.

I support your freedom to reject Christianity and choose the path to hell and eternal death. Just don't expect us to give up our religious freedom without a fight either. The reality is all your arguments become completely hypocritical if you do not support other forms of sexual immorality. There should be no laws against prostitution, swingers clubs, public nudity, and incest. Is that really what you want to hitch your wagon to? After all, they have a right to their happiness, and we shouldn't prevent it just because it's "icky".
You do not see them as people, you see them as an abomination that causes disgust or loathing according to your mindset. And rejecting your beliefs has nothing to do with hell or eternal death, which is nowhere to be found in the Scriptures. However, you have the "freedom" to believe whatever it is you believe. But you cannot group everything or everyone under the guise of what you consider to be disgusting.

Personally, I believe eternal torment, punishment or damnation to be repugnant (you don't), along with condemning others simple because they do not believe the same things that you do? You, nor your beliefs of having a sexual relationship other than for procreation, utilizing only the missionary position - is irrelevant to those who consider intimacy as having a private and cozy atmosphere without their neighbor being a "peeping" fundamentalist.

Myself, I have no interest in what others do in the privacy of their own lives and bedrooms.
It is not something that entertains me - like that of Netflix or a good old fashion movie.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:28 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,781,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You do not see them as people, you see them as an abomination that causes disgust or loathing according to your mindset. And rejecting your beliefs has nothing to do with hell or eternal death, which is nowhere to be found in the Scriptures. However, you have the "freedom" to believe whatever it is you believe. But you cannot group everything or everyone under the guise of what you consider to be disgusting.

More grand standing garbage. Again, I don't define people by their sexual behavior. You do apparently. I don't believe in slapping labels on people either. We are all unique creations with various personalities, physical traits and talents.

Quote:

Personally, I believe eternal torment, punishment or damnation to be repugnant (you don't), along with condemning others simple because they do not believe the same things that you do? You, nor your beliefs of having a sexual relationship other than for procreation, utilizing only the missionary position - is irrelevant to those who consider intimacy as having a private and cozy atmosphere without their neighbor being a "peeping" fundamentalist.
Sexually is a gift from God to create a tight close bond between married man and woman. It was not designed solely for procreation. There is a reason God gave us very sensitive nerve endings in certain parts of the body. That's part of the perfect design. Anytime, people operate outside those boundaries, there is pain and suffering that can carry down through generations. For gay men, why is there often a history of sexual abuse as a child? For gay women, why does an overwhelming majority have a history of male partners? There is a dark reality to this that your side and the media is covering up or just refuses to acknowledge. A reality that wouldn't exist if this was all completely natural and normal.

If you find hell to be repugnant then you find Jesus to be repugnant. He spoke frequently about it even pleading with people to avoid hell at all costs:

Quote:

If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

Matthew 5:29-30

Quote:

Myself, I have no interest in what others do in the privacy of their own lives and bedrooms.
It is not something that entertains me - like that of Netflix or a good old fashion movie.
Then stop implying that I have such interest. I don't.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
I don't define people by their sexual activities or desires.
Yes, you do.

Old 10-31-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
If you find hell to be repugnant then you find Jesus to be repugnant. He spoke frequently about it even pleading with people to avoid hell at all costs:
What you believe about hell is a Christian/Pagan belief which has nothing to do with righteousness.
You should study more, instead of making assumptions based on a syncretistic belief system.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:08 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,781,882 times
Quote:
What you believe about hell is a Christian/Pagan belief which has nothing to do with righteousness.
You should study more, instead of making assumptions based on a syncretistic belief system.

Or maybe you can stick to providing counter weight points to my arguments instead of directing the topic against me personally (once again, implying that I'm just so stupid and ignorant). This is a lame debate tactic to prop up a response that really has nothing to say especially if you offer ZERO evidence that hell is a false concept.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Or maybe you can stick to providing counter weight points to my arguments instead of directing the topic against me personally (once again, implying that I'm just so stupid and ignorant). This is a lame debate tactic to prop up a response that really has nothing to say especially if you offer ZERO evidence that hell is a false concept.
There is no reason for me to be redundant, others have addressed the issue you seem to hide behind. However, what is lame or ignorant is not to research the history of man, his religion; and those things that he created as a scare tactic to frighten children.

Old 10-31-2018, 04:56 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,627,164 times

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 10-31-2018 at 05:13 PM..

Old 10-31-2018, 06:03 PM

21,017 posts, read 19,536,216 times
Quote:
However, what is lame ...
Lame is hugely politically incorrect...I learned this
from a handicapped person in 1970...when I hurt his feelings, unknowingly, btw.
I did not say this to embarrass you...but for all to learn if they didn't know.

Old 10-31-2018, 10:09 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,761,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Agreed. That’s why we read and study it diligently.

The Bible and Jesus have the same source-the Father.
Try nailing a Bible to a cross and see if it bleeds. The Bible wouldn't exist if it weren't for Christ--not the other way around.

Put your trust in the Bible--and you go to hell. Put your trust in Jesus, and you are saved. Have you biblical passages that state the opposite is true?

Old 10-31-2018, 10:24 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,761,946 times
Quote:
You lie about LGBT people and in your heart you support discrimination against them. Africa is the worst continent in the world for criminalization of same sex love. And behind it all are the bible fundamentalists that you support going over there to spread their manure.
Quote:
Lokodo is "ethics and integrity" minister in Uganda and a champion of the country's swingeing anti-homosexuality bill, which looked set to become law on Sunday until President Yoweri Museveni halted it, pending scientific advice. The delay was a small victory for activists dismayed a week ago when Museveni insisted that he would approve the legislation. That news prompted Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, to tweet: "In name of Africa culture Uganda Pres will sign anti-gay law pushed by US evangelists toughening British colonial ban."
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...a-anti-gay-law

Quote:
In the past five years, the report alleges, all "have launched or expanded their work in Africa dedicated to promoting their Christian right worldview. A loose network of rightwing charismatic Christians called the transformation movement joins them in fanning the flames of the culture wars over homosexuality and abortion by backing prominent African campaigners and political leaders."

Dr Kapya Kaoma, an Anglican priest from Zambia and author of the report, said rightwing Christian groups encourage perceptions that same-sex relations are "un-African" and imposed by the west, a view that is in fact based on the Bible that arrived with colonialism rather traditional African culture.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ophobia-africa

Many are murdered or imprisoned because of your view and financial support. When you stand before God, it will be as one of the most cold hearted, uncompassionate people to ever walk the earth.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-31-2018 at 10:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity