Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2018, 05:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,331,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What a whack job.
Just another fundie idiot.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,496,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What a whack job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Just another fundie idiot.
Nazi propaganda or another form of racism.

Last edited by Jerwade; 11-12-2018 at 07:19 PM..

Old 11-12-2018, 07:21 PM

6,850 posts, read 2,977,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
You haven’t read a single one of Romulus’ posts, have you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Yes, but he's wrong. Homosexuality is a sin.
I could be wrong, HWC. And, this is why I've given you and others ample opportunity to refute what I've had to say about the Bible and homosexuality. All you do is to keep regurgitating the same thing over and over - 'homosexuality is a sin' - without offering the scriptural evidence that I've just as repeatedly asked for.

Your 'homosexuality is a sin' IS NOT found in scripture for very obvious reasons. Firstly (and, yet again, "I" am the one doing the 'regurgitating'), the terms 'homosexual' and 'homosexuality' (OR equivalent terms in the languages in which they were written) are not found in the Bible since 'homosexuality' as we today define the term would not have been understood by the authors. This really DOES need to be understood and acknowledged by all of us before any meaningful discussion can begin on this topic.

Secondly (and yet more 'regurgitated' stuff from me), any 'homosexual' behavior by men and women would have only been recognized by the authors of the Bible within 'worship settings', i.e. pagan temple worship practices that involved idolatry, a BIG no-no . . .see Commandment #1 of the Big Ten! There has been much written and available on the Internet (as they say, Google is your friend) about pagan worship that included sexual rituals with temple prostitutes. Here is just one of many such sites:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_prostitution

That the authors of the Bible would have highlighted or even commented on 'Adam and Steve' relationships, even if they DID exist within their tribes or within their small communities, is a stretch to say the least. The main concentration by the authors of the Bible revolves around 'true worship' and 'false worship' ...the latter of which is severely condemned. The question might be asked, however ...would the Bible authors have condemned homosexuality even if they DID have the knowledge of this human sexual orientation that we, today, with the appropriate knowledge, recognize as 'normal'? Who knows? Perhaps there would be bigots among them just as we have bigots among us today. However, since the Bible doesn't address this the question is a rather moot one.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:39 PM

1,259 posts, read 569,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I could be wrong, HWC. And, this is why I've given you and others ample opportunity to refute what I've had to say about the Bible and homosexuality. All you do is to keep regurgitating the same thing over and over - 'homosexuality is a sin' - without offering the scriptural evidence that I've just as repeatedly asked for.

Your 'homosexuality is a sin' IS NOT found in scripture for very obvious reasons. Firstly (and, yet again, "I" am the one doing the 'regurgitating'), the terms 'homosexual' and 'homosexuality' (OR equivalent terms in the languages in which they were written) are not found in the Bible since 'homosexuality' as we today define the term would not have been understood by the authors. This really DOES need to be understood and acknowledged by all of us before any meaningful discussion can begin on this topic.

Secondly (and yet more 'regurgitated' stuff from me), any 'homosexual' behavior by men and women would have only been recognized by the authors of the Bible within 'worship settings', i.e. pagan temple worship practices that involved idolatry, a BIG no-no . . .see Commandment #1 of the Big Ten! There has been much written and available on the Internet (as they say, Google is your friend) about pagan worship that included sexual rituals with temple prostitutes. Here is just one of many such sites:

That the authors of the Bible would have highlighted or even commented on 'Adam and Steve' relationships, even if they DID exist within their tribes or within their small communities, is a stretch to say the least. The main concentration by the authors of the Bible revolves around 'true worship' and 'false worship' ...the latter of which is severely condemned. The question might be asked, however ...would the Bible authors have condemned homosexuality even if they DID have the knowledge of this human sexual orientation that we, today, with the appropriate knowledge, recognize as 'normal'? Who knows? Perhaps there would be bigots among them just as we have bigots among us today. However, since the Bible doesn't address this the question is a rather moot one.

Lev_20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:14 PM

89,033 posts, read 85,608,542 times
One of my Episcopal peeps posted this today on her FB page. It is Church of the Messiah in Murphy, North Carolina:

Old 11-12-2018, 08:17 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,460,385 times
Quote:
Lev_20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Don't leave out the other Levitical laws you should practice if you "believe" that one.

You must not have sexual relations with your daughter-in-law. She is your son’s wife; you are not to have sexual relations with her.… Leviticus 19:15----But God didn't punish Judah for having sex with Tamar whom he thought was a prostitute. In fact, God blessed them both by having Jesus' lineage trace back to them. This with Judah, the one who sold his God-fearing brother, Joseph into slavery. And Joseph was very honorable in his sexual relations---why not through him?

You must not take your wife’s sister as a rival wife and have sexual relations with her while your wife is still alive.… Leviticus 18:18----But God didn't have any problem letting Jacob marry two sisters.

You are to keep My statutes. You shall not crossbreed two different kinds of livestock; you shall not sow your fields with two kinds of seed; and you shall not wear clothing made of two kinds of material.----Leviticus 19:19-----since you are so holy do you eat meat of crossbred cattle? Do you eat grain grown in fields sowed with two kinds of see? Do you wear clothing made of two kinds of material? Then you also are an abomination.

You must not eat anything with blood still in it.----Leviticus 19:26a----Do you always eat meat well done?

You must not cut off the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.…Leviticus 19:27 Are you living as a Hasidic Jew?

You must not make any cuts in your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord---Leviticus 19:28---I don't have any tattoos. Am I holier then than you?

You are to rise in the presence of the elderly, honor the aged, and fear your God. I am the LORD.…Leviticus 19:32---I'm an old man, you need to rise in my presence as you do for all elderly people if you wish to be holy and obey God. Do you do that?

When a foreigner resides with you in your land, you must not oppress him.…Leviticus 19:32---you're not in favor of kicking out illegal aliens in our country nor favor refusing them jobs or health care are you? If so, then you are disobedient to God's commands.

If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death. He has cursed his father or mother; his blood shall be upon him.---Leviticus 20:9---Do you favor execution of children who does that? If so, we need to build a lot more death chambers.

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife— with the wife of his neighbor— both the adulterer and the adulteress must surely be put to death. ---Leviticus 20:10---Here is another commandment that would probably kill off a quarter or more of our country. A good law, right? Wonder why God didn't enforce this against David?
-------------------------------
Bottom line is, if you keep one part of the law (for righteousness sake) you must keep all the laws. In addition, you should rebuke God for making biblical exceptions to His own laws.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:25 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,460,385 times
Quote:
“This is what was going on in Canaan and Egypt at the time the Levitical rules were announced — homosexual temple prostitution. And as already noted, Leviticus 18 and 20 specifically say they were written to address pagan religious practices.”

Would Jesus Discriminate? - Israel's Holiness Code. (Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13)

Old 11-12-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
“This is what was going on in Canaan and Egypt at the time the Levitical rules were announced — homosexual temple prostitution. And as already noted, Leviticus 18 and 20 specifically say they were written to address pagan religious practices.”

You can keep trying Pleroo. You are just grasping at straws to protect a sin and leading others to do the same. The Levitical Priesthood was chosen to be Priest unto the Congregation of Israel. They are the 'type' of the Levites called today to administer unto the Spiritual Congregation of Israel.

Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Spiritually the man is Jesus Christ, the Woman is the Church. The Man is to lie with the woman to procreate the offspring. You see Jesus is to procreate with the Church to bring forth the offspring of God.

Now the type was made to understand the Spiritual. You want to protect a distorted abominable type that runs contrary to the image provided by God, for they were created in His image.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:37 PM

6,850 posts, read 2,977,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV

Quote:
Seriously, is Leviticus 20:13 the best you could come up with, HWC? Moreover, as long as you believe that this text refers to homosexuality, are you executing gay people as you're commanded to do in that text? If not, then why are you presenting that scripture at all?

Here is a YouTube clip that I have presented previously on this thread. It speaks to Leviticus 20:13. Here it is again because it has important value re this topic. It's only 8 minutes 28 seconds in length so it won't take too much time out of your day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_D5Oa5n1nY

I'll be back later with the comments of a Jewish scholar re the above video.

Old 11-12-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Seriously, is Leviticus 20:13 the best you could come up with, HWC? Moreover, as long as you believe that this text refers to homosexuality, are you executing gay people as you're commanded to do in that text? If not, then why are you presenting that scripture at all?

Here is a YouTube clip that I have presented previously on this thread. It speaks to Leviticus 20:13. Here it is again because it has important value re this topic. It's only 8 minutes 28 seconds in length so it won't take too much time out of your day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_D5Oa5n1nY

I'll be back later with the comments of a Jewish scholar re the above video.

I don't need to see your youtube link. I already posted a great pdf from a RABBI that understood exactly the meaning of this topic.

I don't need other verses RomulusXXV. You haven't been able to debunk that one yet. And yes, I am using the sword against homosexuals.

You see what you need to realize that eye for eye, live by the sword die by the sword, being stone, etc.... is all happening now. It is happening Spiritually.

Answer me this RomulusXXV, Why did Jesus say that TWO SWORDs was enough?

Come on RomulusXXV, bring it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity