Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 12:26 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,737,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The better question for the OP is "Why does the homosexual community want so badly to be approved of by Christians?"
I wonder why they are so militantly demanding it even?

Old 08-03-2018, 12:36 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,344,493 times
Quote:
The better question for the OP is "Why does the homosexual community want so badly to be approved of by Christians?"
I would think it has more to do with ensuring they are not treated with bigotry or subject to discrimination rather than mere acceptance.

I would think it would be nice for any individual or group to find acceptance by society at large when as individuals or a group, homosexuals are harming nobody and doing nothing wrong.

I mean, what about Christians who are gay? Where does that leave them?

Old 08-03-2018, 12:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I would think it has more to do with ensuring they are not treated with bigotry or subject to discrimination rather than mere acceptance.

I would think it would be nice for any individual or group to find acceptance by society at large when as individuals or a group, homosexuals are harming nobody and doing nothing wrong.

I mean, what about Christians who are gay? Where does that leave them?
Fundies don't believe gays who live as their God made them can be "true" Christians. Their bigoted, blinkered brains can't compute it because the little godling they worhship, hates the same people they do. Quite a coincidence, eh?

If they weren't such nasty people, it would be easy to pity them more than scorn them. But as it is...they make me sick.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:

OK. Whatever. You think God is the way YOU like him to be. Yay. Prove it. Tell me why I should take YOUR word for it and why I think YOU are correct over the text that has been accepted as his word for thousands of years. Silly us....in a the Christianity forum, we actually look to God's Word.
That same text (Leviticus) that may be interpreted as condemning homosexuality also condemns eating shellfish, wearing clothes made of more than one material, and suggests execution of children who don't honor their parents.

Why do the people who demonize homosexuals not put as much weight on these things as they do on same sex love?

I think the answer is clear, though they won't admit to it. The fundies will just claim they are being persecuted because gay people are increasingly treated with equality.

I fail to see where Christian's are called to judge and condemn. My view of Christianity involves love, acceptance and joy.

Maybe I'm getting the wrong things out of it?

Old 08-03-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Fundies don't believe gays who live as their God made them can be "true" Christians. Their bigoted, blinkered brains can't compute it because the little godling they worhship, hates the same people they do. Quite a coincidence, eh?

If they weren't such nasty people, it would be easy to pity them more than scorn them. But as it is...they make me sick.
Right with you, Trout. I just hoped to also hear from one of the closed-minded and closed-hearted Pharisees. Oops, I mean fundamentalists...

Old 08-03-2018, 12:56 PM

230 posts, read 92,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, she wasn't connecting "big pharma" and gays, she was saying that "big pharma" is worse.
Yes Big Pharma is bad, but leave the gays out of it, as the Lord is individualistic and judges according to the heart...

SEE that thread

Old 08-03-2018, 01:01 PM

230 posts, read 92,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
That same text (Leviticus) that may be interpreted as condemning homosexuality also condemns eating shellfish, wearing clothes made of more than one material, and suggests execution of children who don't honor their parents.

Why do the people who demonize homosexuals not put as much weight on these things as they do on same sex love?

I think the answer is clear, though they won't admit to it. The fundies will just claim they are being persecuted because gay people are increasingly treated with equality.

I fail to see where Christian's are called to judge and condemn. My view of Christianity involves love, acceptance and joy.

Maybe I'm getting the wrong things out of it?
Good point Griffins, objectively speaking..... but dont use the word fundamentist as that is a terrible misleading inacurate label.

In this case you need to be more clear and specific.

That is the legalistic, law and holiness people that demand obedience to a law, rather than according to the rules of love that Jesu taught.

So I suggest Griffins in your good apraisal of their harsh and unloving mistranslation and misuse of the Lords words, that you label them Legalists or Law and Order types or HOLINESS people, as self righteous holiness is the culprit and church systems are their home and preaching point, in indoctrinating, their captive flocks.

Lets call them HOLINESS PEOPLE then I would totally agree with you.

Thats true fundamentalism as we get back to the fundamental difference between holines and love.

Thanks Griffins almost well said, just a few clarifications might be needed

Old 08-03-2018, 01:04 PM

25,621 posts, read 17,364,311 times
Quote:
Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins? (beliefs, abortion)
It doesn't. You just made that up in order to posture The Left as 'tolerant'.
Fail. The Left is comprised of a bunch of nasty control freaks.

Old 08-03-2018, 01:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
It doesn't. You just made that up in order to posture The Left as 'tolerant'.
Fail. The Left is comprised of a bunch of nasty control freaks.

Yeah! That's the ticket! All hail Der Trumpher!!

Old 08-03-2018, 01:16 PM

88,693 posts, read 85,050,028 times
Quote:

OK. Whatever. You think God is the way YOU like him to be. Yay. Prove it. Tell me why I should take YOUR word for it and why I think YOU are correct over the text that has been accepted as his word for thousands of years. Silly us....in a the Christianity forum, we actually look to God's Word.
You are wrong because my mindset is completely differently from yours. I would never say, "Prove it" about anything to do with someone else's experience of God, nor would I try to tell you why I think I am correct over the text that has been thousands of years, etc. That is YOU. That is YOUR mindset, not mine. Black/White, Right/Wrong, Either/Or.

The closest I can come to anything that might give you maybe a tiny glimmer of insight into what I am trying to explain is to repeat what the Quakers say: "I cannot tell you how to experience God. I can only tell you how I experience God."

You (collective fundamentalist you, not BF personally) are trying to tell everyone else how they must experience God, and specifically, that the way they must experience God is through the written Scriptures.

I hope someday you grow and stretch enough to experience a God that can be found beyond the writings of men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity