Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2018, 07:43 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Absolutely not a caricature. God is responsible for everything in Nature. Indeed nature itself is a manifestation of God's own self. Since there are hundreds and hundreds of species that exhibit homosexuality--many species with a far higher number of homosexuals than in humans---God is obviously manifesting His desire that homosexuality be a part of "nature." And those who have studied homosexuality in animals note that it appears to be a method of reducing tensions among males. In t his country we would do well to have 20% of our population to be homosexual as testosterone fueled tension in America.
Even nature is suffering from Adam's sin and man is running down from perfection. Deterioration is setting in and it includes DNA changes.The changes are not as God intended they just show what man's rejection of Him has led to.

KJV Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Even nature is suffering from Adam's sin and man is running down from perfection. Deterioration is setting in and it includes DNA changes.The changes are not as God intended they just show what man's rejection of Him has led to.

KJV Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
The whole of creation will be delivered and set free.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:58 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
Gays dont breed gays, gays can be parents, and good ones at that if they have love and allow free choice in all areas....

Bullying starts at school with forced norms, some of which are terribly ungodly and hurtful. Sexual Orientation can be born within us or chosen once we are alive and able to choose. It isnt the end of life or that serious, its just an attraction... the greater focus should be whether they live in love and allow others to live in love.... this applying to hetero, asexuals, bis, gays and ALL.

The Lord created all and allows all to live in love according to their choices as they ALL are responsible for their choices... and they will be.

And wont repost past writings of mine as yet, as I dont think it is allowed.
Well, it didn’t take you long to show that you are just another poster firmly planted in the world. Everything from calling the Spirit a girl to non biblical opinions like this underscores that the the Elect are outnumbered greatly.

Where is Mike Tyson whe you need him?

Old 08-01-2018, 09:11 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
If one is not serious they do not learn. Good for you.

Thank you, expat! I agree.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:14 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Well, it didn’t take you long to show that you are just another poster firmly planted in the world. Everything from calling the Spirit a girl to non biblical opinions like this underscores that the the Elect are outnumbered greatly.

Chewing on someone's ear, most likely.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Chewing on someone's ear, most likely.

He's Summy's hero.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:51 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,482,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
God did not create homosexuality. Even from a logical perspective, it makes no sense why He would go to all this effort to craft a beautiful and perfect way for two opposite sexes to unite in a physical bond where they are literally inside of each other and even bring forth a child from that union and then create exceptions to that design. All of us are born with natural tendacies and weaknesses towards certain sins because our flesh is born into a sinful world.

Animals do all kinds of immoral things like eat their young so the comparison doesn't work. Human beings are not animals.

We are called to love all people, but that love shouldn't have to require that we embrace their sinful lifestyle.

And I bet if you polled every fundamentalist pastor in America, you would find that a high majority would never agree with such positions. All you do is plunk out some extremes who probably only said it to get attention.

I'll take God's Word over man anytime. Funny, the Bible even predicts people like you in the end times.
Yikes. You are wrong on so many levels. I won't even get into it.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:14 PM

230 posts, read 92,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post

Where is the freedom to discuss the Holy Spirit is feminine.... as stated in the Old Testament. Yet you try and use that against me, wheres the respect in your words as an opposing debater.

Now back to the topic, and away from your acussations.

Learn to be objective rather than subjective.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:18 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
Where is the freedom to discuss the Holy Spirit is feminine.... as stated in the Old Testament. Yet you try and use that against me, wheres the respect in your words as an opposing debater.

Now back to the topic, and away from your acussations.

Learn to be objective rather than subjective.
Where in the OT is the Holy Spirit discussed, and described as feminine?

Old 08-02-2018, 03:17 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Wait...you're saying that animals can have a sexual identity? Is that it?

And I answered your point. God nowhere suggests that we should simply act from our disjointed view of the world based on our sinful natures if it contradicts his commands.

You mentioned above that animals practice homosexuality, so it's natural. Along that line, I recall when I was a kid, I had a pet gerbil that ate her babies. My understanding is that cannibalism is not all that uncommon in nature. Do you mean to suggest that since it's "natural", that humans should also practice it? Or is that a sinful, evil desire that some practice, and perhaps it's not something to be encouraged or applauded?
For hundreds of years "conservative" Christians claimed homosexuality was not natural. Indeed many still claim that even though science shows us it is completely natural.

Quote:
Let none of these deceivers fool you: homosexuality is not natural
Let None Of These Deceivers Fool You: Homosexuality Is Not Natural | Walid Shoebat
Or how about this one:
Quote:
I turn now to argue that homosexual behavior is immoral. The reason it is immoral is that it is clearly unnatural.
https://arcapologetics.org/culture/a...lity-is-wrong/

So how can they make a statement that it is not natural when so many animal species exhibit the same thing? Further, homosexuality is almost twice as prevalent as being a natural redhead, but I've never heard of redheads being called unnatural. On the other hand only about three or four centuries ago in England, Ireland, and Scotland, a redheaded wife was thought to bring bad luck. God must have been seen as thinking redheads were a "curse." The Spanish Inquisition saw redheads as having stolen the color from the fires of Hell. You probably think that is silly. So do I---in the same way I see your fear of homosexuality as silly.

On the science side, while there yet remains to be conclusive evidence (but more exists than for a 6000 year old world), there are likely indicators of why some people are gay.

Being gay is more likely in families--
Quote:
To test whether genes play a role, researchers have compared identical twins (in which all genes are shared) to fraternal twins (in which about 50 percent of genes are shared). A 2001 review of such twin studies reported that almost all found identical twins were significantly more likely to share a sexual orientation – that is, to be either both gay, or both straight – than fraternal twins, who are less genetically close. Such findings indicate that genes do factor into a person's orientation.
https://www.livescience.com/13409-my...ientation.html

If genetic factors have a role, then they certainly had to come from God.

Quote:
For instance, a 2014 study in the journal Psychological Medicine showed that a gene on the X chromosome (one of the sex chromosomes) called Xq28 and a gene on chromosome 8 seem to be found in higher prevalence in men who are gay.
https://www.livescience.com/50058-be...-a-choice.html

Quote:
The Archives of Sexual Behavior recently published a special section devoted to research in this area, entitled “The Puzzle of Sexual Orientation.” One study, conducted by scientists at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, offers compelling, cross-cultural evidence that common genetic factors underlie same-sex, sexual preference in men.

Among the indigenous Zapotec people in southern Mexico, individuals who are biologically male and sexually attracted to men are known as muxes. They are recognized as a third gender: Muxe nguiiu tend to be masculine in their appearance and behavior; muxe gunaa are feminine. In Western cultures, they would be considered gay men and transgender women, respectively.

Several correlates of male androphilia—sexual attraction of biological males to men—have been shown across different cultures, which is suggestive of a common biological foundation among them. For example, the fraternal birth order effect—the phenomenon whereby male androphilia is predicted by having a higher number of biological older brothers—is evident in both Western and Samoan cultures.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...homosexuality/

Bottom line, a real Jesus follower gives the benefit of doubt when there are two possible answers. You don't, because your loyalty and trust aren't in Jesus, but rather the Bible---one of several religious texts that have been used to justify bigotry over the centuries.

I also gave you two Scriptural events surrounding Jesus that very well may be His acceptance of gay people--or even gay sex. The first was the centurion who wanted Jesus to heal his ill servant boy (pais which his used in sources other than Scripture to sometimes mean male partner. The Roman Emperor Augustus instituted a ban on heterosexual marriage for serving Roman soldiers, before the birth of Christ.
The Roman marriage ban lasted until AD 197, when Septimius Severus ended it, because they believe that it may have encouraged SAME SEX RELATIONSHIPS in the first century Roman Empire!

For centuries prior to Jesus, Greeks used the word pais in an idiomatic way, not as a servant but as something else. Sort of like when one says they are "under the weather" when he means "sick." Being "sick" has nothing to do with whatever the weather is. It's a saying to convey something else. Greek speakers were well aware of that idiom. And while a Roman centurion was forbidden to marry while in a foreign land, but he wasn't forbidden for taking a pais with him. And since sex with either sex was common among Romans, it wasn't given a second thought by them.

And neither did Jesus give it a second thought when the centurion requested healing for his pais. He didn't say, "I will heal him as long as you promise never to have sex with him again," or demand that he become an ex-gay. All Jesus did was commend the Roman on his faith.

Now here you are today, now, having been enlightened to the possibilities of how Scripture can be understood which is not like you have traditionally understood them. You get to make a CHOICE on how to approach people--the same as you would a murderer? Or will you allow GOD to make that choice in His own time and way while you work on that plank in your eye?

By the way, are you CERTAIN that you didn't have to CHOOSE to be heterosexual, but homosexuals HAVE made a choice? Do you not see any hypocrisy in such an idiotic statement?

Last edited by Wardendresden; 08-02-2018 at 03:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.