Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2018, 03:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,244,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Well, it didn’t take you long to show that you are just another poster firmly planted in the world. Everything from calling the Spirit a girl to non biblical opinions like this underscores that the the Elect are outnumbered greatly.

Where is Mike Tyson whe you need him?
are you suggesting the Holy Spirit is male?

Based on what evidence? Chapter and verse that supports this patriarchal / misogynistic belief?

Old 08-02-2018, 03:38 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,721,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Even nature is suffering from Adam's sin and man is running down from perfection. Deterioration is setting in and it includes DNA changes.The changes are not as God intended they just show what man's rejection of Him has led to.

KJV Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
I disagree. If God is omnipotent, and I'm sure you would say that, is not the final outcome EXACTLY as He intends it?

When did the DNA changes begin that have resulted in homosexuality? Was that in the 1500 years prior to Jesus where sex, whether hetro or homo, was seen as perfectly acceptable by virtually every society in existence?

And why has there been no INCREASE in homosexuality? It remains pretty much the same in every culture and whether or not that culture accepts it or hangs every homosexual they find. It's simply a common factor among a small percentage of human beings.

But bigotry has been around longer---and you've proved to all of us that is alive and well.

But your ilk is going to have to learn to live with homosexuals in the same way it had to learn to live with black-Americans (who, by the way, probably have a larger percentage of homophobic members than whites!)

Quote:
The U.S. is among more than 20 countries or jurisdictions that allow gay and lesbian couples to wed. The first nation to legalize gay marriage was the Netherlands, which did so in 2000. Since then, several other European countries – including Spain, France, all of Scandinavia and, most recently, Ireland – have begun to sanction gay marriage. Outside of Europe, same-sex marriage is now legal in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, New Zealand, South Africa and Uruguay, as well as in parts of Mexico. And following a recent court ruling, Taiwan appears to be on track to join the list.
5 facts about same-sex marriage | Pew Research Center

Guess you'll have to put on sackcloth and poor ashes over your head. The world she are a changin'.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:23 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,850,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
He's Summy's hero.

Well that's disturbing.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:10 AM

10,093 posts, read 5,743,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You sound bitter and jealous, as always, jeff. Why not just come out? Jesus will still love you.
I'm only angry at Christian business owners being FORCED to violate their religious beliefs by the government or get punished severely. That's a dangerous precedent that could completely erode religious freedom.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you have a business that is open-to-the-public, then you serve them without prejudice or discrimination.
The customer doesn't have the right to demand anything they want.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahunt View Post
Yikes. You are wrong on so many levels. I won't even get into it.
Then why respond?

Old 08-02-2018, 08:29 AM

18,502 posts, read 9,177,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I'm only angry at Christian business owners being FORCED to violate their religious beliefs by the government or get punished severely. That's a dangerous precedent that could completely erode religious freedom.
The word “freedom” is the most dangerous word in the English language, because one person’s “freedom” often means a violation of someone else’s rights.

Plantation owners wanted the freedom to own slaves. My employer wants the freedom to make me work longer hours for lower pay. Fundamentalist Christian preachers want the freedom to teach their religion in public schools. Corporations want the freedom to dispose their waste directly into the environment.

Freedom for the cat means death for the mouse. Beware the advocates of “freedom.” Always ask “what kind of ‘freedom’ are we talking about?”

Old 08-02-2018, 09:06 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,933,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The only thing they are "being forced to violate" is the prejudice urged on them by their chosen demogogues: the very prejudice the law was made to fight. So suffer.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:10 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,933,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjayjordan View Post
Where is the freedom to discuss the Holy Spirit is feminine.... as stated in the Old Testament. Yet you try and use that against me, wheres the respect in your words as an opposing debater.

Now back to the topic, and away from your acussations.

Learn to be objective rather than subjective.
You have the option to consider advice and rules on how to conduct a discussion in this forum or to whine and flounce.

Whiners and flouncers don't get much sympathy here.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:12 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,405,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The only thing they are "being forced to violate" is the prejudice urged on them by their chosen demogogues: the very prejudice the law was made to fight. So suffer.
I thought being persecuted and suffering for God was a badge of honor among Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.