Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 10:24 PM

292 posts, read 163,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You dubbed yourself "Simple." I just acknowledged your perspicacity.
No you tried to call me dung because you were loosing the conversation
All we have to do is go to the Bible to learn the truth
Honesty is almost always, the best policy
Lying and name calling is of a weakling

Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You poor thing. I hope age brings some wisdom.
Excuse me? How would age bring me wisdom??
Don't you feel the Gospel would do such?
We are in the Christianity Forum, remember?

Old 07-16-2018, 10:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post
No you tried to call me dung because you were loosing the conversation
All we have to do is go to the Bible to learn the truth
Honesty is almost always, the best policy
Lying and name calling is of a weakling
Thank you for your posts. You, omega, sumthingy and the choir bellower, bring an equal amount of value to the forums.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:16 PM

5 posts, read 4,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If you want to set off most conservative Christians get on the topic of homosexuality or gay rights. The anger most of them have regarding this issue is unfathomable. Get on the topic and most conservative Christians will take on an anger and a zeal that you don't see when talking about any other issue except maybe abortion. Whenever LGBT-advocates have a political or cultural victory, Facebook fills up with right-wingers venting their anger and hatred towards these individuals. The same people come to the defense of people like Josh Duggar. Why is this? It seems to be getting a lot worse as many of the beliefs once confined to extremist groups like Westboro are now gaining traction among mainstream evangelicals.

Why is it that a man can cheat on his wife and molest his sister, and have Mike Huckabee call for forgiveness but as soon as somebody comes out as gay, you have Huckabee and his ilk calling on God to wipe America off the face of the planet for simply allowing them to exist?

You ask most people this question and they will say its because the Bible says homosexuality is an abomination. Want to know what also is an abomination? A lying tongue, (see Proverbs 12:22), yet religious right politicians have no qualms with spinning the truth when it suits their agenda. Most people who cry and scream about homosexuality probably aren't even aware of what else the Bible calls an abomination.
You're attempting to be inflammatory and cause a scene. No one believes it's okay for a man to cheat on his spouse...yet...homosexuals cheat more frequently. I honestly can't figure out why ya'll are so insure that you need to make your identity about who you screw on the weekends....no one cares...except you...and you want attention.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:02 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Why then do I not read or hear of truthful appraisal of the suppression of gay rights among Muslims?

Instead Christians are meant to bear the brunt of gay hatred - as though Christians were exhibiting criminal behavior for insisting upon their own right to live our lives and practice our religion as we see fit? If wanting to be allowed to practice my faith according to the Bible is hate language, then every man in history who ever spoke truth and decency can be silenced in this new era of licentiousness.

Christian governments have not established policy of brutalizing gays as Muslims lands have done. Why do gays conveniently forget this major issue of human rights when they attack Christians? Gays are not beaten as a matter of government policy in Christian lands. Neither are they brought to trial, imprisoned and in some cases subjected to public execution.

Yet gays seldom if ever mention these matters. Why?

liwat - homosexual activity

Qur'an [4.15] And as for those who are guilty of an indecency from among your women, call to witnesses against them four (witnesses) from among you; then if they bear witness confine them to the houses until death takes them away or Allah opens some way for them.

Qur'an [4.16] And as for the two who are guilty of indecency from among you, give them both a punishment; then if they repent and amend, turn aside from them; surely Allah is Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.

"Whoever you find committing the sin of the people of Lut, kill them, both the one who does it and the one to whom it is done."
Fatwa on Homosexuality from IslamOnline.net

other punishments;
buried alive, burned alive, imprisonment, stoning, whipping

Homosexuals "will be resurrected as pigs and monkeys"
Abd Allah bin Umar

Homosexuality "one of the most abominable sins in Islam".
Ahmad Kutty, senior lecturer and Islamic scholar at the Islamic Institute of Toronto, Ontario, Canada

THIS IS TRUTH - delete it or censor it as you wish Mr. Moderator.

No Christians will oppose the act, though it will affirm in the eyes of God a desire to suppress acts of inhumanity to man by those other than Christians as well as deliberate actions to intimidate and execute unfair attitudes against God and the Bible as well as a rejection of those who wish to live their lives sin free before the Almighty.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

So you are saying that because there is no OUT CRY about gay rights in the Muslim Community (u really gotta get out more) that justifies christian hate?

Old 07-17-2018, 03:04 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Well it isn't labeled Christian Philosophy, I think you were told wrong.
It's not my forum but mho is....you shouldn't need to be a Christian to post here.
As long as you are respectful to the religion by recognizing the bible as the authority,,,,you should be allowed to stay
Some say philosophy, others say religion...isn't it all just perspective, belief and "faith?"

Old 07-17-2018, 04:24 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
So you are saying that because there is no OUT CRY about gay rights in the Muslim Community (u really gotta get out more) that justifies christian hate?
You and I read that and got completely different meanings.

One of the truths I see here is that it's okay (even fun) to criticize and disrespect the teachings of the Bible and those who attempt to follow those teachings on their daily walk.

Much like the redhead who gets teased daily, "why do Christians get angry about...?"

Why do you think, OP?

Old 07-17-2018, 07:40 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
It's not my forum but mho is....you shouldn't need to be a Christian to post here.
As long as you are respectful to the religion by recognizing the bible as the authority,,,,you should be allowed to stay
I think you are in for a bit of a rude surprise. Many who claim to be “Christian” mock and denegrate the Scriptures. Others twist and warp Biblical verses to suit their own beliefs. However, there is a small handful of believers spreading the Truth.

Old 07-17-2018, 07:55 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I think you are in for a bit of a rude surprise. Many who claim to be “Christian” mock and denegrate the Scriptures. Others twist and warp Biblical verses to suit their own beliefs. However, there is a small handful of believers spreading the Truth.
I'm still waiting to hear from you, SumTingy ...post #131.

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to where "I" have twisted and warped scripture since my beliefs are in opposition to those of your own ...?

Old 07-17-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
You're probably right. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.