Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 12:25 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,233,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Bwahahahaha.....

"Suckers" coming back for more "punishment" I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I feel within the next 10 years Christians will decide that Christianity is perfectly fine with homosexuality (I mean it's not going away, it's just innocent people born that way). I believe deep down they realize now what a pickle they're in. They can't as a group keep pushing back on being gay, because I think they've already realized there's nothing wrong with it at the end of the day and it's just tormenting and harassment of innocent souls.

I would imagine in 10 years the message will change and they'll be perfectly fine with gays and all this yelling and screaming of the past few decades will be slipped under the rug like it never happened.

I would hope people don't forget.

I do have my take on what you wrote, but then again this thread would go on for an additional "50" pages or get closed because of my opinion which would not be directed AT you.

All I can say generally speaking not directly with that you wrote is that we humans can think how GOD will "feel" about certain things but in reality unless it's written and such or we find out at the GOD appropriate time we really don't know before that imo.

Many here either don't believe or have their doubts of what's written in the Bible as well as when it was written was at a different time so the question then becomes does GOD change to our whatever here on earth if you Bible naysayers think it's invalid? I certainly think not.

Who wants to go into Dr. Brown's time machine to go back into history so to freshly document?

Old 07-17-2018, 12:53 PM

89,033 posts, read 85,608,542 times
Quote:
I feel within the next 10 years Christians will decide that Christianity is perfectly fine with homosexuality (I mean it's not going away, it's just innocent people born that way). I believe deep down they realize now what a pickle they're in. They can't as a group keep pushing back on being gay, because I think they've already realized there's nothing wrong with it at the end of the day and it's just tormenting and harassment of innocent souls.

I would imagine in 10 years the message will change and they'll be perfectly fine with gays and all this yelling and screaming of the past few decades will be slipped under the rug like it never happened.

The first woman ordained a priest, in 1977, by the Episcopal Church was also a lesbian in a committed relationship. It's just taking some of the other denominations longer to catch up.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:56 PM

8,922 posts, read 5,667,135 times
Most of them are secretly into it. Look at the conservative politicians getting caught all the time. I guess when they see it as forbidden fruit they want it even more.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:01 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,723,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Why then do I not read or hear of truthful appraisal of the suppression of gay rights among Muslims?

Instead Christians are meant to bear the brunt of gay hatred - as though Christians were exhibiting criminal behavior for insisting upon their own right to live our lives and practice our religion as we see fit? If wanting to be allowed to practice my faith according to the Bible is hate language, then every man in history who ever spoke truth and decency can be silenced in this new era of licentiousness.

Christian governments have not established policy of brutalizing gays as Muslims lands have done. Why do gays conveniently forget this major issue of human rights when they attack Christians? Gays are not beaten as a matter of government policy in Christian lands. Neither are they brought to trial, imprisoned and in some cases subjected to public execution.

Yet gays seldom if ever mention these matters. Why?
In many states, you can be fired for being gay. A baker can refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple. Gays, and most especially trans-gendered people are killed or brutalized on the streets of America. Why? Because Trump encourages this crap. No gay person by speaking out against these things is stopping you from practicing Christianity unless by "practicing Christianity" you mean that you want the right to condemn, and marginalize people who are gay or trans-gendered. Why can you not see that you are not the victim?

As for the Muslim community -- America is not a Muslim nation and we have now banned people from many (not all Muslim countries) from traveling to the U.S. How can this be considered Constitutional? Yet the Supreme Court says it is okay for Trump to have a list of countries whose people are banned, but not on that list is Saudi Arabia who had 19 high-jackers who participated in the 9/11 attack in 2001. Our country has gone mad. How can we be great friends/allies with Saudi Arabia, the U.A.E., and Russia, but are now treating Canada, Europe, Mexico, and South America like our enemies? The current moron in the Oval Office is guilty of treason. He does not represent me. He is a Nazi and a traitor. He will bring us to ruin, so you should prepare yourself for really bad times.

Your homophobia is unnecessary. God does not require you to treat gay people like animals. You are not to judge by the outer appearance. You do not know anyone's heart.

Old 07-17-2018, 01:19 PM

16,768 posts, read 15,837,184 times
Quote:

This makes perfectly good sense to me.

At a time in the not too distant past, people sincerely cited Bible verses to justify slavery and racial discrimination [remember Loving v. Virginia?]. Now, sincere Christians tell us that Biblical slavery wasn't really like the slavery that was in America a couple of hundred years ago (even though we all know it really was ).

At some point in the future, sincere Christians will realize that the "gotcha" verse in Deuteronomy really was about pagan temple practices and wasn't about anything like a long term committed relationship. Then they will remind us that there was no such thing as a committed same sex relationship in Biblical times.

(They'll probably tell us they have good friends that are gay, too. )

Old 07-17-2018, 02:29 PM

64,128 posts, read 40,451,192 times
Quote:

From your post to God's ears.

Old 07-17-2018, 02:52 PM

6,842 posts, read 2,870,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
WOW!!!

I just gotta say your posts bring me much JOY and STRENGTH!!

It ain't rocket science, but for some it is as foreign as the Beatitudes...

I'm glad you find strength and joy and encouragement in my posts, Z. You bless me, you are a gift.

Very cool gif btw.

<3

Old 07-17-2018, 02:57 PM

6,842 posts, read 2,870,164 times
Quote:

Those of us affected, those of us ostracized by other Christians, those of us disowned by parents and family, those of us driven to dangerous drug addictions and driven to (attempted or successful) suicide, can't forget. I hope someday I can forgive, but I know I will never forget.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,329,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalled View Post
...snipping out the parts that are hate speech....

Fixed it!

Old 07-17-2018, 03:14 PM

89,033 posts, read 85,608,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
"Suckers" coming back for more "punishment" I guess.

I do have my take on what you wrote, but then again this thread would go on for an additional "50" pages or get closed because of my opinion which would not be directed AT you.

All I can say generally speaking not directly with that you wrote is that we humans can think how GOD will "feel" about certain things but in reality unless it's written and such or we find out at the GOD appropriate time we really don't know before that imo.

Many here either don't believe or have their doubts of what's written in the Bible as well as when it was written was at a different time so the question then becomes does GOD change to our whatever here on earth if you Bible naysayers think it's invalid? I certainly think not.

Who wants to go into Dr. Brown's time machine to go back into history so to freshly document?
No, that is not the question. The question is was the labeling of what we call LGBTQ people as "abominations" ever valid in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity