Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 09:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,272,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post
Wow what offends you so much you feel the need to offer us this lovely analogy?
Being a created being in subjection to an almighty GOD??
Where did I name myself??
Have you ever known anyone to name themselves such a vulgar picture you've offered here?
Do you need to step away from the computer?
Are you even a Christian?

This is the Christian section of the religious forum, just sayin'....try to be polite please.

I am sure we can do without the vulgar picture being applied to myself or any other poster here

BUT THANKS FOR YOUR CREATIVITY

You dubbed yourself "Simple." I just acknowledged your perspicacity.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:07 PM

292 posts, read 163,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Hello.

Concerning the forum, I have said the same and was corrected. I was told that this is a forum about Christian philosophy not a Christianity forum. So, if you worship gods, self, or even creation but claim to be Christian then the posts are valid. And yes, some are quite vulgar. And like other sites, don’t assume the true gender of a person regardless of their name.
Well it isn't labeled Christian Philosophy, I think you were told wrong.
It's not my forum but mho is....you shouldn't need to be a Christian to post here.
As long as you are respectful to the religion by recognizing the bible as the authority,,,,you should be allowed to stay

Old 07-16-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Geekigurl is quite the forgiving, loving, practicing Actual Real Live Christian and certainly in no need of your lectures.

She is a fine example to the rest of us who claim to be Christian on how to conduct oneself in the face of rejection and criticism.
I am not interested in knowing anything about her, with all due respect. Came here to participate in the topic, not get personal.

Whether experiencing same sex attraction etc,, just not interested in knowing that

I am interested in this forum though, and sticking to the topic.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:32 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,464,762 times
Because self righteousness causes people to rate sin not knowing that no one is perfect and need Jesus for transformation. Unrighteous Anger is a sign to but people seem to overlook that.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:54 PM

6,817 posts, read 2,945,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801
Geekigurl is quite the forgiving, loving, practicing Actual Real Live Christian and certainly in no need of your lectures.

She is a fine example to the rest of us who claim to be Christian on how to conduct oneself in the face of rejection and criticism.
Quote:
I am not interested in knowing anything about her, with all due respect. Came here to participate in the topic, not get personal.

Whether experiencing same sex attraction etc,, just not interested in knowing that.

I am interested in this forum though, and sticking to the topic.
The alleged 'anger' as shown by many professed Christians toward homosexuality DOES and HAS become a personal issue to many others since actual 'people' are on the other end of the anger and are therefore so affected. Understand? But, since you are more interested in sticking to the topic, why DOES homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than *other sins?

*One's innate sexuality is neither right nor wrong It simply IS. Or, to put it in scriptural terms, one's innate sexuality is 'sin neutral'.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
The alleged 'anger' as shown by many professed Christians toward homosexuality DOES and HAS become a personal issue to many others since actual 'people' are on the other end of the anger and are therefore so affected. Understand? But, since you are more interested in sticking to the topic, why DOES homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than *other sins?

*One's innate sexuality is neither right nor wrong It simply IS. Or, to put it in scriptural terms, one's innate sexuality is 'sin neutral'.
Let's put it in simple, Gump-like terms: If you believe in a Creator God, then God is as God does. God makes some people who are gay and some who are questioning. Many Aboriginal/First Nations people honoured such as they -- calling them Two Spirit People.

They were not vilified, as the Christian "holy" book has taught some bigots to do. They were accepted as valued members of their community.

Some Christians have their spirituality stuck in 2,000+-year-old, bigoted cement.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Let's put it in simple, Gump-like terms: If you believe in a Creator God, then God is as God does. God makes some people who are gay and some who are questioning. Many Aboriginal/First Nations people honoured such as they -- calling them Two Spirit People.

They were not vilified, as the Christian "holy" book has taught some bigots to do. They were accepted as valued members of their community.

Some Christians have their spirituality stuck in 2,000+-year-old, bigoted cement.
God makes all kind of sinners. None are any different depending upon whatever sin besets them. Sinners are VERY obsessed with the particulars of a sin, sharing it, etc... where as Saints are not.

Those that call worldly names such as Bigot or euphemisms with dung definitions... bigots doing what they do best all directed at Saints adhering to His commands...should be ignored. Many feel justified to sin against him, and us, since we are in Christ. Scripture testifies to this fact.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
God makes all kind of sinners. None are any different depending upon whatever sin besets them. Sinners are VERY obsessed with the particulars of a sin, sharing it, etc... where as Saints are not.

Those that call worldly names such as Bigot or euphemisms with dung definitions... bigots doing what they do best all directed at Saints adhering to His commands...should be ignored. Many feel justified to sin against him, and us, since we are in Christ. Scripture testifies to this fact.

Again, well-dubbed.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I am not confident this is accurate (the bolded)
I believe it is more accurate to say "those who identify as Christians"
Remember the Pharisees self identified as belonging to GOD too.
Except they were their own GODS.

They wanted to BE GODS

Advocated self identifying to every feeling which engulfed them, sortof akin to a Toddler

Christians generally have no interesting even being privy to knowing such intimate details in the first place due to Ephesians 5:3
Intimate sexual details is something a husband and wife would share together.

Or an older women and a younger woman perhaps- Titus 2:4

Titus 2:4 In this way they can train the young women to love their husbands and children,
Here are guidelines regarding this topic- Ephesians 5:3
But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;

Ephesians 5:3 But among you, as is proper among the saints, there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality or impurity or greed.

Last edited by SimpleSonya; 07-16-2018 at 10:29 PM..

Old 07-16-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I am not confident this is accurate (the bolded)
I believe it is more accurate to say "those who identify as Christians"
Remember the Pharisees told themselves self identified as belonging to GOD too.
Except they were their own GODS.

They wanted to BE GODS

Advocated self identifying to every feeling which engulfed them, sortof akin to a Toddler

Christians generally have no interesting even being privy to knowing such intimate details in the first place due to Ephesians 5:3
Intimate sexual details is something a husband and wife would share together.

Or an older women and a younger woman perhaps- Titus 2:4

Titus 2:4 In this way they can train the young women to love their husbands and children,
Here are guidelines regarding this topic- Ephesians 5:3
But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Ephesians 5:3 But among you, as is proper among the saints, there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality or impurity or greed.

You poor thing. I hope age brings some wisdom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity