Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 07:44 PM

88,682 posts, read 85,015,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I think there is now considerable evidence that people are born with their sexual orientation, and Christians hate it when there is scientific proof that repudiates their beliefs.

There are also people born intersex (both genders) and Christians haven't given a rational answer to this, either. Rational being the key word here.
Bull. Why else would some Christians ordain or marry gay people and baptize their children? Precisely because we understand those scientific facts.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Find a woman?

That will surely be the death of you.
And yet, so many of you keep coming back for more.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:52 PM

1,183 posts, read 538,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
No, I am not Jewish, I believe in Jesus. I am just pointing out how Christians will say the laws of Moses don't pertain to them, ONLY WHEN, they want to take a stance on a particular sin, and then the laws of Moses matter?

Can you give me an example that Christians use the law of Moses? The abomination in Levitcus is not Moses command but the Lord’s almighty directive

Old 07-16-2018, 07:53 PM

23,206 posts, read 10,500,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And yet, so many of you keep coming back for more.
When I speak of women in General, it is always of you, who else is there? Like a Siren on the rocks, who could deny your song? Woe is us, and woe is all mankind because of you, we are but servants who willingly die to your will, woe is us, and woe is Jerusalem.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:54 PM

292 posts, read 163,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I am a Christian. I am also a lesbian. If you have a problem with this, take it up with Christ. He and I have already walked our road.
It's not about "taking it up with Christ"
Wow, that is really presumptious of you
Not something you want to do with the Lord Almighty

Trust me on this

FTR, Same sex attraction is not sin
Nor is it something I need to be privy to about you..... but that is beside the point
Acting upon it engaging in homosexual acts is sin
Either you are your own GOD rejecting your Creator and his ways
Or you belong to your GOD and he truly is your Father
Your choice

Short answer- It's not about YOU

Old 07-16-2018, 08:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post
...snip...
Your choice

Bovine excrement. You named yourself well.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:07 PM

292 posts, read 163,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Bovine excrement. You named yourself well.
Wow what offends you so much you feel the need to offer us this lovely analogy?
Being a created being in subjection to an almighty GOD??
Where did I name myself??
Have you ever known anyone to name themselves such a vulgar picture you've offered here?
Do you need to step away from the computer?
Are you even a Christian?

This is the Christian section of the religious forum, just sayin'....try to be polite please.

I am sure we can do without the vulgar picture being applied to myself or any other poster here

BUT THANKS FOR YOUR CREATIVITY

Last edited by SimpleSonya; 07-16-2018 at 08:19 PM..

Old 07-16-2018, 08:28 PM

1,183 posts, read 538,680 times
Quote:
Have you ever known anyone to name themselves such a vulgar picture you've offered here?

This is the Christian section of the religious forum, just sayin'....try to be polite please.

I am sure we can do without the vulgar picture being applied to myself or any other poster here

Hello.

Concerning the forum, I have said the same and was corrected. I was told that this is a forum about Christian philosophy not a Christianity forum. So, if you worship gods, self, or even creation but claim to be Christian then the posts are valid. And yes, some are quite vulgar. And like other sites, don’t assume the true gender of a person regardless of their name.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:33 PM

Quote:
It's not about "taking it up with Christ"
Wow, that is really presumptious of you
Not something you want to do with the Lord Almighty

Trust me on this

FTR, Same sex attraction is not sin
Nor is it something I need to be privy to about you..... but that is beside the point
Your choice

Geekigurl is quite the forgiving, loving, practicing Actual Real Live Christian and certainly in no need of your lectures.

She is a fine example to the rest of us who claim to be Christian on how to conduct oneself in the face of rejection and criticism.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:

The forum is about Christianity. You don't have to be Christian to post here. Some of us are, others are not, but their views and comments are welcome.

As to the bolded--Was it someone else who named you "SimplySonya"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity