Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 01:41 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,855,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
So claim some. Others of us see that as the words of men who were naturally influenced by their time and culture and distastes for sexual proclivities that they don't share.

Many gay Christians HAVE taken it up with God in ways beyond the written words of men and received the knowledge that they are acceptable and loved as the people they were created to be, and many of us who care for them understand that God is bigger than a book.

Love this, MQ.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post
Genesis 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

This part gets overlooked ALOT. "ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil"
And Eve's response of seeing the tree, desiring it's fruit for taste and the DESIRE TO MAKE ONE WISE.

AKA Wise meaning shall be AS GODS.
Eve wanted to be her OWN GOD.
She rejected her Father who provided EVERYTHING for her.

Scripture repeatedly testifies to itself to worship ONE GOD and ONE GOD only.
The GOD of the Bible.

Sinning occurs because one of our first parents, Eve, wanted to be a GOD. This cannot be said enough

The serpent beguiled this desire into her
Part of the curse is she went from being a "helpmeet", Adams equal
Now ...."to be ruled over" Gen 3:16

Sin is the result of wanting to BE GOD

If you became dehydrated and weak, would it be better to enact the solution or just treat the symptoms? Especially when if you treat the symptoms, yet know the outcome is death no matter what, why bother?

As long as our Creator has decided and listed homosexuality as a sin, or anything else is sin, then not seeing that AS THE SIN IT IS= Us trying to be our own GOD. Us pleading in ways to blame GOD and his people for seeing sin as he sees it. "In Christ" is repeated many times in the bible. It's what happens when we are saved. We are "One" with our Lord, just as we become ONE with our Spouse. We are of like mind. Being IN CHRIST means our sin has no effect on our eternity like it does others who are more focused ON THE SIN than loving the sinner. Telling them the truth. SIN causes many problems, suicide is just one problem. Don't sympathize with those who are sick who need a Doctor, BECOME a righteous person IMMUNED to these things who doesn't need a DOCTOR. Be their DOCTOR by helping to save their SOUL aka Heal them. Show them how sin emerged. Show them this is the truth. Show them there is NO OTHER WAY but LORD Jesus Christ. Insist via a loving whey they choose life, not death. They choose to NOT reject their Father but instead, encourage reconcilliation. No matter how angry and selfish this person is wanting to be THEIR OWN GOD. Do not focus or discuss the sin, just get them to take that necessary step to STOP desiring to be their own GOD thus reject the real GOD, rejecting their eternal Father and choosing to die.

Do just as Jesus has done for you. Help people to choose life by choosing the one true God, not death by choosing themselves as GOD.

I am a Christian. I am also a lesbian. If you have a problem with this, take it up with Christ. He and I have already walked our road.

Old 07-16-2018, 01:54 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,714,823 times
Quote:
I hope you do, too. You are a kind, intelligent, and compassionate human being. You'd make someone a great spouse.

I agree. I hope Geekgurl finds a partner that is just the right person. She is very kind.

Some say MARRIAGE is made in heaven....

-------------------but remember, so is thunder and lightening!

Old 07-16-2018, 01:59 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,212,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I am a Christian. I am also a lesbian. If you have a problem with this, take it up with Christ. He and I have already walked our road.

As a Christian I love you (I don't mean romantically lol) as with anyone here who has differing views.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:07 PM

23,227 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Show me where in the Bible supports your position.
I already listed where the Bible condemns this.
Don't "shoot" the messenger.
You are speaking about God's law, is that the only law?

Don't be a Homosexual?

If you consider yourself amongst the congregation and you don't keep the Sabbaths of God and feasts of God, you are committing adultery against God, the punishment for this is no different than the punishment for immoral sex.

The point is, you couldn't keep the law no matter how much you think you can keep the law, and if you can't even list all the punishments for sin, I ask,'' Do you really know the law?'' If you don't know the law, how can you keep the law?

Do you just go through life not being a homosexual to then think you have somehow kept the law?

Do you really accept the laws of Moses?

Who are we kidding? I seriously doubt you keep the Ten commandments.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 07-16-2018 at 02:20 PM..

Old 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You are speaking about God's law, is that the only law?

Don't be a Homosexual?

If you consider yourself amongst the congregation and you don't keep the Sabbaths of God and feasts of God and you are committing adultery against God, the punishment for this is no different than the punishment for immoral sex.

The point is, you couldn't keep the law no matter how much you think you can keep the law, and if you can't even list all the punishments for sin, I ask,'' Do you really know the law?''

Do you just go through life not being a homosexual to then think you have somehow kept the law?

Do you really accept the laws of Moses?

Who are we kidding? I seriously doubt you keep the Ten commandments.

Look, of course we're all fallible but doesn't mean I shouldn't strive to follow GOD'S law the best I can.

I'm not trying to kid anyone NOR trying to portray myself as a non-sinner.

I don't hate anyone!!!!! Can't stress that enough! I can however disagree with their actions or choices - there's a difference. Please don't make this more than it is as I cited sources of my stance and you just don't happen to agree - that's okay really. It won't be the first nor the last that I don't agree with someone, I've known many people for "eeeeeons" in friendship whom I have differences with.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
I hope you do, too. You are a kind, intelligent, and compassionate human being. You'd make someone a great spouse.

Aww! Thanks!

Old 07-16-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That is the point.

We are all in trouble because when you sit there flipping through bear chested women, you have sinned, when you are very angry with your brother, you are a murderer.

Grrrreat, now I have to go see my therapist to get that visual out of my head. Thanks Hannibal!

Old 07-16-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Grrrreat, now I have to go see my therapist to get that visual out of my head. Thanks Hannibal!

Just ask GOD to take that visual out of your mind.

Old 07-16-2018, 02:38 PM

23,227 posts, read 10,513,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Look, of course we're all fallible but doesn't mean I shouldn't strive to follow GOD'S law the best I can.

I'm not trying to kid anyone NOR trying to portray myself as a non-sinner.

I don't hate anyone!!!!! Can't stress that enough! I can however disagree with their actions or choices - there's a difference. Please don't make this more than it is as I cited sources of my stance and you just don't happen to agree - that's okay really. It won't be the first nor the last that I don't agree with someone, I've known many people for "eeeeeons" in friendship whom I have differences with.
I don't believe for one second that you hate anyone, I never thought that. Unfortunately, a lot of people do think that, but a man can only be justified in how he treats people in the real world.

This isn't the real world, it is a world where we encourage others to dare and speak their opinions freely, and what man could go against what he believes? I couldn't, I am not judging you, I am pointing out the facts.

If you want to take a position against any sin at all, you must first have a foundation, and with the commandments of God, it is all or nothing, and if you have nothing, then you have no foundation to take a stance against any particular sin.

If I listed all the laws of Moses, and then if you try and take one single law out, it all falls.

We both know that your foundation is not the laws of Moses because you will accept the entire covenant or you wont.

If you think you have some kind of new law, then where is it? Does it all come down to one law as Christians like to say? Whether you love people or not? What if two gay people lived secluded and alone all their life and all they did was love each other?

Again, if you don't stand upon all the laws, you can't pick and choose which ones you want to take a stand on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.