Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2018, 06:25 AM

292 posts, read 164,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Jesus said He would send some one..He never said He was sending a bible...
this makes no sense whatsoever

Is this some lame attempt to try to defame the Word of GOD?

Old 07-18-2018, 07:02 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,536,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post
I didn't take it that way at all.
I think he was pointing out what is a common point that, The Map is not the Destination...
or 'The Menu is not the Meal'.
But, that's just my take.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:05 AM

21,087 posts, read 29,356,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSonya View Post

The printed word? I prefer the AUDIBLE word myself.

Old 07-18-2018, 07:14 AM

21,017 posts, read 19,536,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
In many states, you can be fired for being gay. A baker can refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple. Gays, and most especially trans-gendered people are killed or brutalized on the streets of America. Why? Because Trump encourages this crap.
Yes, good post as geekigirl said.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:09 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,982,901 times
Simple answer, it doesnt. Idolatry, false teaching, corruption of Gods word, murder and rebellion are worse, and more deadly to soul and body.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:18 AM

89,033 posts, read 85,608,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Interesting. Do you recall which side the minister favoured?
I don't think it said. I just got the impression that he was disgusted with the behavior of his flock.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
In many states, you can be fired for being gay. A baker can refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple. Gays, and most especially trans-gendered people are killed or brutalized on the streets of America. Why? Because Trump encourages this crap. No gay person by speaking out against these things is stopping you from practicing Christianity unless by "practicing Christianity" you mean that you want the right to condemn, and marginalize people who are gay or trans-gendered. Why can you not see that you are not the victim?

As for the Muslim community -- America is not a Muslim nation and we have now banned people from many (not all Muslim countries) from traveling to the U.S. How can this be considered Constitutional? Yet the Supreme Court says it is okay for Trump to have a list of countries whose people are banned, but not on that list is Saudi Arabia who had 19 high-jackers who participated in the 9/11 attack in 2001. Our country has gone mad. How can we be great friends/allies with Saudi Arabia, the U.A.E., and Russia, but are now treating Canada, Europe, Mexico, and South America like our enemies? The current moron in the Oval Office is guilty of treason. He does not represent me. He is a Nazi and a traitor. He will bring us to ruin, so you should prepare yourself for really bad times.

Your homophobia is unnecessary. God does not require you to treat gay people like animals. You are not to judge by the outer appearance. You do not know anyone's heart.

As a 9/11 survivor who now works for a company owned by a wonderful Muslim family and who had Muslim (and those of other religions or none) coworkers who ran out of the same disintegrating building as I did, I am completely disgusted by this.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Bless you Rain, and thank you.
Thank YOU for your voice on this forum gg and for your courage.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I didn't take it that way at all.
I think he was pointing out what is a common point that, The Map is not the Destination...
or 'The Menu is not the Meal'.
But, that's just my take.
Have you ever went to a restaurant and wanted to eat the menu??

When you use a Map, are you concentrating on the paper used to make it, the map itself
Or are you concentrating on using it for directions??

Again, as stated, this makes no sense

Old 07-18-2018, 09:01 AM

I have a client that requires 24/7 supervision.
It's called Protective Supervision through IHSS
She spent her life in orphanages, mental institutions, jail and being homeless
She felt bad about an incident where she was jailed and hallucinating
She ate and swallowed, pages of a bible given to her.
This is a rare instance where you'd have this conversation with a mentally ill person
Hence why it makes no sense
Unless the poster is in the midst of a mental illness

Since she is a Christian, it made sense to her (even if not, she's like a little child anyhow with a BIG FAITH so no worries there).

The Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.Hebrews 4:12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity