Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2018, 06:53 PM

919 posts, read 610,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzilla View Post
Oh here we go again with this "No man can resist a homosexual" remark which I've heard one too many times from gays and transgenders. Do you really think I get aroused by gay men? Do you really think I envy homosexuality and am ashamed of my heterosexuality? You are delusional. I personally don't know any Christians who are gay or ashamed of being heterosexuals. But gays all claim that all people are gay which here again shows how warped and delusional gays are. It does, however, prove that gays do have an agenda to spread homosexuality to children. I supposed when you want to prove that everyone is gay and how heterosexuality is somehow not a true, or a repressed burden, then you must have a fake history and science to push off as academia.

I told myself I wasn't going to comment twice but after seeing this comment I could not resist. The moderator already edited my first post which is why I didn't want to comment on this topic originally. Some things you can see coming before they happen. Its like this gay topic is forbidden and anyone who expresses otherwise will be sternly censored. That being said, this is my last comment on this topic. So feel free to spread more lies without interruption. That is what you want.

And why is this even in the Christian section if we Christians aren't even allowed to comment on it? That's a violation of our rights right here on this forum!! Move this topic to the atheist section where it belongs! To even keep this topic here is merely dangling bait to attack Christians who do not agree with being gay. I personally think this topic should be closed or moved out of the Christian section, especially since we Christians aren't allowed to comment on it.
You sound really defensive Fez, why is that? There's no need to feel threatened.
No, I was in no way saying you're gay. Only you can say if you get aroused by other men.

What I said was; those who make the loudest noise against homosexuals are often scared to face their own sexuality, usually because they're attracted to the same sex in some way.

It's a fact of life that around 8% of any given population is gay. It's a fact of life. (Which means that up to 8% of your congregation is homosexual)
That's how they were created. As long as they don't touch me I couldn't care any less what consenting adults do behind closed doors.

I actually agree that the LGBT community is over the top & getting in everyone's faces, encouraged by the <bleep>.
Not that long back gays were treated unfairly & often persecuted (Interestingly they were some of the nicest, non-judgemental, tolerant people around - Now that they're protected, many of them are the opposite) Now that they have rights, the pendulum has swung too far the other way <bleep>

You can ignore posts like these if they upset you. No-one has forced you to comment.
It's in the Christian forum because OP wanted to know why homosexuality angered conservative Christians.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-24-2018 at 04:19 AM.. Reason: This isn't the Politics forum.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I have been told this is a not a Christian site. Sorry that your post may be deleted soon
This is the Christian forum.

Why should Fez's post be deleted? He's a wonderful example (& warning) of what dogmatic religious belief can do to a mind.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:48 PM

6,799 posts, read 2,921,169 times
Quote:
I didn't want to comment on this topic but since it won't go away I'll make one comment and that will be it with this one.
You may be gone but your post still remains.

Quote:
We Christians don't believe that homosexuality is the worst of all sins.
Why is homosexuality a sin? Tell us. I keep hearing this catch-cry but no one seems to know WHY homosexuality is a sin. Where is 'homosexuality a sin' even found in the Bible? I've looked and looked time and time again but I just can't seem to locate such a verse. The term 'homosexuality' is not even found in the original manuscripts of scripture. NOR is there any equivalent term in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. Where do you guys get this stuff from?

Quote:
What makes this sin bad in our eyes is how its being forcefully normalized against the will of the majority, which even includes atheists and other non-Christians who also don't agree with the lifestyle for obvious reasons.
What is a 'homosexual lifestyle'? What are those 'obvious reasons'? Is what people do in their bedrooms - whether they be gay or straight - something that occupies the minds of those Christians, non-Christians and atheists you speak of?

Quote:
Its their lives that will be ruined with the gay choice...not ours.
So, why are you getting your panties in a bunch over this topic?

Quote:
Though advocates for homosexuality try very hard to bring homosexuality into our churches so that we will have gay priests and teach little children that its ok to be gay. But Jesus very clearly and sternly warned what would happen those those who deceived little children. He said it would be better for these deceivers to have a millstone thrown around their necks and tosses into the sea then it will be for them on the day of Judgement. For our churches are not club houses where the rules change to fit fad and fashion. But homosexuals don't seem to care about this nor respect any of our boundaries we've put forth.
Deceiving little children, eh? Well, let's see ...little children that are raised by Christian Fundamentalists (and many other mainstream Christians) are taught from a very early age that if they don't toe the party line they will be thrown into hell and tortured day and night for all eternity. Nice, eh? But don't dare to tell these kids that gay people are no different than any other human being and are to be treated with dignity and respect and welcomed into the church just like anyone else! Attempting to get into the minds of this kind of bizarre thinking is pretty much a futile undertaking.

Quote:
Its like gays aren't happy unless they are attacking Christians.
I don't see this. The only 'Christians' that might be seen to be being attacked are those with a mindset such as yours. And, you and yours deserve to be attacked because you're wolves in sheep's clothing. Jesus warned to be wary of such people. So, don't put the blame on gay people for having wised up ...they're just doing what Jesus suggested.

Quote:
They do not see how their behavior has been prophesied 2000 years before all this insanity started. It makes no sense to attack Christianity while in the process literally proving the Bible to be true.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...32&version=KJV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...10&version=ESV

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...10&version=ESV
Well, first and foremost you're attempting to use the Bible to support your own personal view regarding homosexuality. You don't fool me. The Bible has nothing to do with how you personally feel about homosexuality. How dare you use scripture for no other reason than to support your own bigotry!

That said, two of those those texts you offer above are corrupt interpretations of the original scriptures. I already mentioned that the term 'homosexuality' - OR any equivalent term for 'homosexuality' in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek - NEVER appeared in the original transcripts of scripture! The first text you offered is referring to those who once knew God but are now worshiping idols and participating in sexual rituals with temple prostitutes. It has nothing to do with homosexuality as we define the term. Moreover, it's a letter from Paul and has nothing to do with either us or God.

Quote:
If gays just wanted to live their own lives then why are they trying to force others to think their way? Why do they want control of national academia? You see we Christians don't believe they should have control over the minds of children because all they will do is warp their little minds and pervert them at a very young age. We simply do not believe that normalizing homosexuality is in the best interests of the nation.
Gay people have been maligned for so long by those such as yourself that they are now free to express a quite natural contempt toward you and yours. When people so maligned for so long are eventually freed from these shackles they may tend to respond in a rather giddy manner. It's a natural reaction and it will eventually settle down just as long as bigots such as yourself can refrain from being a bigot.

The bolded. As mentioned previously, their little minds are already perverted by the oh-so-casual teaching of mainstream Christianity that Satan is waiting in the wings to torment them for eternity, unless ...!

Old 07-23-2018, 10:16 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,706,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
You may be gone but your post still remains.

Why is homosexuality a sin? Tell us. I keep hearing this catch-cry but no one seems to know WHY homosexuality is a sin. Where is 'homosexuality a sin' even found in the Bible? I've looked and looked time and time again but I just can't seem to locate such a verse. The term 'homosexuality' is not even found in the original manuscripts of scripture. NOR is there any equivalent term in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek. Where do you guys get this stuff from?

What is a 'homosexual lifestyle'? What are those 'obvious reasons'? Is what people do in their bedrooms - whether they be gay or straight - something that occupies the minds of those Christians, non-Christians and atheists you speak of?

So, why are you getting your panties in a bunch over this topic?

Deceiving little children, eh? Well, let's see ...little children that are raised by Christian Fundamentalists (and many other mainstream Christians) are taught from a very early age that if they don't toe the party line they will be thrown into hell and tortured day and night for all eternity. Nice, eh? But don't dare to tell these kids that gay people are no different than any other human being and are to be treated with dignity and respect and welcomed into the church just like anyone else! Attempting to get into the minds of this kind of bizarre thinking is pretty much a futile undertaking.

I don't see this. The only 'Christians' that might be seen to be being attacked are those with a mindset such as yours. And, you and yours deserve to be attacked because you're wolves in sheep's clothing. Jesus warned to be wary of such people. So, don't put the blame on gay people for having wised up ...they're just doing what Jesus suggested.

Well, first and foremost you're attempting to use the Bible to support your own personal view regarding homosexuality. You don't fool me. The Bible has nothing to do with how you personally feel about homosexuality. How dare you use scripture for no other reason than to support your own bigotry!

That said, two of those those texts you offer above are corrupt interpretations of the original scriptures. I already mentioned that the term 'homosexuality' - OR any equivalent term for 'homosexuality' in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek - NEVER appeared in the original transcripts of scripture! The first text you offered is referring to those who once knew God but are now worshiping idols and participating in sexual rituals with temple prostitutes. It has nothing to do with homosexuality as we define the term. Moreover, it's a letter from Paul and has nothing to do with either us or God.

Gay people have been maligned for so long by those such as yourself that they are now free to express a quite natural contempt toward you and yours. When people so maligned for so long are eventually freed from these shackles they may tend to respond in a rather giddy manner. It's a natural reaction and it will eventually settle down just as long as bigots such as yourself can refrain from being a bigot.

The bolded. As mentioned previously, their little minds are already perverted by the oh-so-casual teaching of mainstream Christianity that Satan is waiting in the wings to torment them for eternity, unless ...!

You're not a very good Bible student. The warnings against homosexuality are quite clear in the Bible.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

KJV, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (malakos), nor abusers of themselves with mankind (arsenokoites), 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor. 6:9-10).

Old 07-23-2018, 10:22 PM

Fezzilla - "we will have gay priests"

Sorry but that boat sailed a long long time ago. One Vatican priest who lived & worked there for 30 years said in an ABC interview that he knew for a fact that at least 50% of Vatican priests were practicing homosexuals but suspected that the figure was closer to 80%.

And let's not forget the many Catholic priests who are convicted or accused pedophiles that the church has spent over $4 billion to protect.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
, nor abusers of themselves .
Is that referring to masturbation? That dooms 99.99% of males if that's the case.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:30 PM

179 posts, read 83,284 times
Quote:
You're not a very good Bible student. The warnings against homosexuality are quite clear in the Bible.

KJV, "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate (malakos), nor abusers of themselves with mankind (arsenokoites), 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Cor. 6:9-10).
Yep, and thing I like about the ESV is that it breaks down the language barrier of this passage quite nicely.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 English Standard Version (ESV)

Quote:
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Revelation 21:8 English Standard Version (ESV)

Quote:
8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
Sexual immorality covers a very broad scope of sexual sins including the obvious homosexuality. And we don't even have to quote from the OT either. Many gay activists claim only the OT has punishments against homosexuality and in the NT homosexuality is encouraged. This is clearly not true.

If gays want to be gays then that's fine. But they should stop trying to make the Bible conform to their sin because its very clear just from a simple reading of Scripture that its not ok to be gay. No sin is acceptable sin. But homosexuals embrace their sin and then encourage others to do the same.

Romans 1:18-32 English Standard Version (ESV)
Quote:
God's Wrath on Unrighteousness
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
Talk about clear proof of fulfilled prophecy, eh? this prophecy foresees the rise of evolution theory and the motives behind the theory. This prophecy wasn't even fulfilled until the Darwinian synthesis. But gay activists claim the Bible teaches us to become homosexuals and then accuses us Christians of not following the Bible. Hum?

Old 07-24-2018, 01:40 AM

6,799 posts, read 2,921,169 times
Responding to RomulusXXV Post 363:

Quote:

I knew it. I'm going blind. I can't for the life of it see the term 'homosexuality' anywhere in the above passage of scripture. Oh wait. My eyesight is still pretty good. The term 'homosexuality' isn't there. Moreover, it's not there in the original language (Greek) either! You know why? Because there was no concept of homosexuality back in the day as we today define the term. As Trout Dude keeps reminding us with such elegance ...these people pooped in holes in the ground.

Back to Paul's list ...if we're to go by that list as a pass or a no pass for the kingdom of God I think we're all goners!

Old 07-24-2018, 07:09 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,610,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Not about sex out of marriage--there is no error.
What if you have no intentions of getting married? Is it still a sin?

Old 07-24-2018, 08:37 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Responding to RomulusXXV Post 363:

I knew it. I'm going blind. I can't for the life of it see the term 'homosexuality' anywhere in the above passage of scripture. Oh wait. My eyesight is still pretty good. The term 'homosexuality' isn't there. Moreover, it's not there in the original language (Greek) either! You know why? Because there was no concept of homosexuality back in the day as we today define the term. As Trout Dude keeps reminding us with such elegance ...these people pooped in holes in the ground.

Back to Paul's list ...if we're to go by that list as a pass or a no pass for the kingdom of God I think we're all goners!

Bigots see what they want to see. That's why the bible is their favourite book. It gives them lots of targets for their disdain and hatred -- gays, Jews, women, Others. It's a smorgasbord of goodies for bigots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.