Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 01:33 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,733,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am simply not angered by it. Since you insist that I am, it is for you to prove your claim, or apologize for being a false witness.

Some things about it saddens me, like the 9-year old who "came out" as gay, probably not even understanding what it meant. As a result, his school mates bullied him to a point where he committed suicide. This "coming out" of a 9-yr old is a result of gay activism, which inserts the issue even into children's TV programming. IMO, there is no reason for it when it comes to programming which targets kids under 10 years of age.

I am here to point out your hypocrisy You accuse others of "demeaning and belittling" people, but it is EXACTLY what you to others here, and you do it louder and with more anger than anyone. You have dedicated 100+ pages for it.

You don't get to judge is and isn't a Christian aka a follower of Christ
I know the family of Jesus---and you ain't it.

And if you knew the slightest, minutest bit about sexual orientation, you wouldn't be "saddened" by a nine year old realizing he was gay. I realized I liked girls by the time I was that age.

Now, I suppose you will tell us "liberal" Christian parents told their children that gays are abominations which resulted in the bullying.

And Mr. Dodger, you didn't stand up FOR homosexuals having your same rights, you explicitly refused to answer the question.

You are but Hypocrisy while hiding behind a Bible.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:47 AM

Quote:
So, why are you pointing out the sin in Jeff, and others?

Can't you just deal with your own?
I have dealt with mine. And, by the way, you can count me as a bigger sinner than you by far. I'm not self-righteous. I'm angry with self-righteous hypocrites like you who will either point fingers at people for how they were born or call themselves Christian while refusing to stand up for the downtrodden---unless the downtrodden fit into their carefully crafted "rules for being an evangelical victim." That never includes gays. I don't consider myself any less of a sinner than a gay person. But you and jeffbase40, and BaptisFundie, you consider your sin as a little less than theirs. It is the only way you can look at yourself as righteous--you just aren't as "bad" as those "badder" people.

Your version of the gospel has become another calculating movement seeking power to impose on others its own version of divinely mandated order—another ideology claiming the divine stamp of approval added to the long list of such movements past and present that end in coercion, oppression, and violence. And YOUR failure to speak up in defense of LGBTQ people in your church and to those around you has had its impact on the suicides you so piously decry.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
The obvious contradiction here is that BF can call me a Judaizer albeit false, but out of his disrespect for the law, he does this. He can speak against keeping the laws of God all day long until it comes to Homosexuality, and by some great magic, the law is back in play.

As long as it isn't the adultery that BF is committing, and as long as it isn't the spiritual homosexuality BF is committing, it is ok to tell a homosexual that he is going to hell, just as long as his sins aren't brought up?

Homosexuality, all the sudden, the law counts again.
Hannibal, I most certainly do not agree with all your Jewish/Jesus concepts, and I have a Jewish daughter-in-law. But what she has that I see in you is basically a good heart in accepting people for who they ARE not what they believe.

And, my friend, that IS the heart of Jesus.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I know the family of Jesus---and you ain't it.
Sure man, whatever your say

Quote:
I'm not self-righteous.

Thanks for the giggles

Old 08-29-2018, 09:49 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,065,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
''Does the definition of the word Judaizer matter?'' Have you thought about what you posted here? OF COURSE IT MATTERS, and you are showing proof why it matters when you call me a Judaizer, I am not a Judaizer, a Judaizer is somebody telling somebody else that they must keep all the laws to be saved.
So words DO matter? Does that mean you'll stop calling me a Roman Catholic? Does that mean you'll actually pay attention to what Scripture says?
Quote:

I don't keep the law, and I have NEVER, EVER told anyone they had to keep all the laws to be saved.....I don't keep all the laws of the Holy days, and nobody can judge me if I don't keep the laws, but they could judge me if I am keeping pagan holy days, traditions and rituals.

I can't judge you if you don't keep the laws, and I wouldn't. My problem is that you are always speaking about your own invented religion as if it were the religion of God and of his son. You can make up anything you like, and you can keep all the pagan holy days, but they are not about Jesus, not even in the same religion, and being that you are not in the religion Christ brought, I can't judge you at all, I can't judge people in other religions.
Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, and rose again to pay the penalty for my sin. Even those who are not under the law can still be sinners (Romans 1). And no--I don't keep any pagan holy days. I worship God--the God of the Bible.
Quote:

You follow what is wholly Catholic law, you think that doesn't tell me who you are? If you kept only Muslim Holy days, would you think me wrong if I called you a Muslim?
No. I really don't. No more than you are a Judaizer. So please, let's start being honest and having a real discussion. Is that too much to ask?

Old 08-29-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Sure man, whatever your say

Thanks for the giggles
You've shown your class. No ability to debate and point out facts.
So it absolutely is what I say---you are a hypocritical bible worshiper who hasn't a clue who Jesus was nor what He did.

You gonna say "sure man, whatever you say" to that, while once again being Mr. Dodger and not answering a straightforward question about standing up for downtrodden people being persecuted for being born as they are?

Old 08-29-2018, 10:10 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So words DO matter? Does that mean you'll stop calling me a Roman Catholic? Does that mean you'll actually pay attention to what Scripture says?

Jesus Christ was born, lived, died, and rose again to pay the penalty for my sin. Even those who are not under the law can still be sinners (Romans 1). And no--I don't keep any pagan holy days. I worship God--the God of the Bible.

No. I really don't. No more than you are a Judaizer. So please, let's start being honest and having a real discussion. Is that too much to ask?
I have not seen a denomination or sect of Christianism (or those of Islam for that matter) who haven't followed the Roman Catholic Church and its doctrines in one form or another.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:18 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,930,096 times
latent homosexual tendencies

I am conservative
catholic by upbringning...probably more agnostic than anything
I have NO issues with homosexuality or gay marriage

the catholic church will NEVER allow or recognize gay marriage...they shouldn't have to,,,and as a catholic that should be enough for me

Old 08-29-2018, 11:20 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,950,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
latent homosexual tendencies

I am conservative
catholic by upbringning...probably more agnostic than anything
I have NO issues with homosexuality or gay marriage

the catholic church will NEVER allow or recognize gay marriage...they shouldn't have to,,,and as a catholic that should be enough for me
Absolutely they should not be forced to do so. They should be able to realize the absurdity of their own position and the background of the prejudice on its own merit or lack thereof.

Some more enlightened souls are trying to point that out.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:37 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,065,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I have not seen a denomination or sect of Christianism (or those of Islam for that matter) who haven't followed the Roman Catholic Church and its doctrines in one form or another.
The Socinian heresy basically teaches that we should reject all previous orthodox teaching. It's wrong to do so. Did the RCC make a lot of mistakes in its theology? Yup. You betcha. But did it get some things right? Yup. You betcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.