Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2019, 03:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,235,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I choose to be straight every day.

I think you are misunderstanding the options. The options are not technically gay and straight and bisexual. The options are men and women, or same-sex... opposite-sex. Those are your only two options. And people choose one or the other at any point in time.
Is it difficult, DRob? Do you struggle? Do you wish you didn't have to choose every...single...day?

Old 06-20-2019, 03:16 PM

As far as Finny's "gay agenda" goes -- I quoted him in the first post of the thread I started in R&S called "The American Christian Fundamentalist Agenda."

Finny defined it as:

Quote:
The gay agenda mandates the discrediting of the Bible, or controvert the teachings of it because it contradicts their agenda. That is one of its main pillars, and the other is the demonization / vilification of evangelical Christians as can be seen on this forum.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:24 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,753,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Standing with the gay folk as far as i am concerned is the Jesus thing to do, he ALWAYS stood with those under the judgement of the hypocrites, no matter who they were and what they had supposedly done. So, there is no gay agenda i am working for.
Jesus told the prostitute to go and sin no more. Why can't your side get that? Jesus didn't' reject people for their sin, but He certainly NEVER EVER supported their sinful activity either. He would never stand with gay people and encourage them to live in same sex marriages.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:28 PM

45,677 posts, read 27,299,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Is it difficult, DRob? Do you struggle? Do you wish you didn't have to choose every...single...day?
Whether I struggle or not, it doesn't matter. It's still a choice.

I used to eat Pop-Tarts frequently. It wasn't a struggle. I enjoyed them (at least the fruit flavored ones, not so much the chocolate ones). At some point, I made the choice to stop eating them.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:31 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,347,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Jesus told the prostitute to go and sin no more. Why can't your side get that? Jesus didn't' reject people for their sin, but He certainly NEVER EVER supported their sinful activity either. He would never stand with gay people and encourage them to live in same sex marriages.
Did you?. Exactly!, it is blatantly obvious he was not saying go sin no more, otherwise you are in the same boat as her. He was standing with her BEFORE he said to her go sin no more.

He set her free from condemnation so she could live righteously. You read it with a carnal religious race mind.

It is amazing too that this story exposed hypocrisy, revealed unconditional forgiveness, and settingthe recipient free, and you major on sin.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:43 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,881,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Did Jesus say "go and don't do this particular sin anymore" or "go and sin no more."

He said he did not condemn her right in the midst of her being caught. She didn't come to him, she didn't repent, she didn't do anything but be a target of people wanting to banish her and stone her. He went to her in the midst of that and said in this order:

"Where are your accusers?"

then

"Neither do I condemn you."

Finally the call to repentance.... "Go and sin no more."

How do any of us go and sin no more? By seeing our sin carried by Jesus on the cross. And believing that he carried every bit of it and does not count it against us anymore. It isn't about behavior as much as it is becoming a new creation in light of his sacrificial death. It isn't about performance or good works nor a record of how many times we commit individual sins.

In essence, he was much more concerned about her salvation than he was about her sexual behavior.

That is not the message the evangelical church is preaching. It is get your act together then come to Jesus. It is about works and not grace. It is about condemnation not the love of Jesus to all.

Old 06-20-2019, 03:47 PM

16,728 posts, read 15,727,874 times
Quote:
I choose to be straight every day.

I think you are misunderstanding the options. The options are not technically gay and straight and bisexual. The options are men and women, or same-sex... opposite-sex. Those are your only two options. And people choose one or the other at any point in time.
Really??? You get up and think to yourself that men and women are equally attractive, but today you're going to choose women and tomorrow you might choose men?

That seems very odd to me. Try as I might, I can see no sexual attraction for men. I can't even understand when a woman says a guy is good looking. I don't see good looking in men.

What thought process do you go through when you decide to be straight and reject same sex attraction?

Old 06-20-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Whether I struggle or not, it doesn't matter. It's still a choice.

I used to eat Pop-Tarts frequently. It wasn't a struggle. I enjoyed them (at least the fruit flavored ones, not so much the chocolate ones). At some point, I made the choice to stop eating them.
Did you also entertain thoughts of gay sex frequently? Did you enjoy them?

Do you still enjoy the thoughts, if not the deeds?

Old 06-20-2019, 03:50 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,730,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The most intolerant bunch out there are those who promote the gay agenda, because their entire strategy relies in demonizing those who disagree.
Actually, it's not. It consists of arguing vehemently with bigots who are trying to convince others how a natural occurring same sex orientation in over 1500 species is "sinful" in human.

Or do you now wish to back off and say homosexuality is not sinful?

If what you say and what you post looks and sounds like Nazis what's wrong with us using history to point out YOUR sinfulness in the way you enjoy telling homosexuals what your "book" says about them being an abomination.

Of course, you have the opportunity to say homosexuals are NOT abominations, but you won't. That requires empathy, sympathy, knowledge, and intellect. So regardless of your self-serving statement that you aren't prejudiced, you certainly have no heart for those who are "different," as Jesus did.

Quote:
I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires."
Susan B. Anthony

Old 06-20-2019, 03:56 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,721,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Really??? You get up and think to yourself that men and women are equally attractive, but today you're going to choose women and tomorrow you might choose men?

That seems very odd to me. Try as I might, I can see no sexual attraction for men. I can't even understand when a woman says a guy is good looking. I don't see good looking in men.

What thought process do you go through when you decide to be straight and reject same sex attraction?
They have to keep up the pretense of choice.

Otherwise, they are condemning people for who they are: ie, what which is out of a persons's control. That is all sorts of horrible, and they know it. Instead of accepting that it would be horrible and either admitting that a) this is horrible, so I'm not going to embrace this horror anymore, or b) admit that they embrace a horrible thing, they instead invent an excuse - completely baseless, and utterly debunked by loads of scientific data* - to pretend it's not what it is.

The mental gymnastics required must be positively exhausting.

*Yet another reason they dislike science
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity