Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 01:47 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,449,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Let me just stop you right here... because I already know where this is going, I already understand how you work here. It is useless wasting time and energy discussing this with you.

The operative word is FAITH.

Faith in the statements of Paul and Peter.

Faith in the testimony of God.

That's it.
But Paul told us to put our faith in nothing other than Jesus Christ for all things, so where did they say put our faith in the scriptures or the gospels and letters to the churches?.
You believe in God believe also ME, were the words of Jesus. Notice he did not say you believe in the scriptures believe also me, or you believe the scriptures are the word of God believe also me. Jesus Christ is the more sure word, thar is why his Father "said hear ye him", he said this from above, not from the scriptures, even though the scriptures testify of him. I repeat Jesus Christ and the scriptures are not the same

Old 11-01-2018, 01:54 PM

64,130 posts, read 40,451,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But Paul told us to put our faith in nothing other than Jesus Christ for all things, so where did they say put our faith in the scriptures or the gospels and letters to the churches?.
You believe in God believe also ME, were the words of Jesus. Notice he did not say you believe in the scriptures believe also me, or you believe the scriptures are the word of God believe also me. Jesus Christ is the more sure word, thar is why his Father "said hear ye him", he said this from above, not from the scriptures, even though the scriptures testify of him. I repeat Jesus Christ and the scriptures are not the same

Old 11-01-2018, 02:11 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,781,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
If you say you support evangelical missionaries you already HAVE supported bills calling for punishment of gay people. Do you give to your church which gives to evangelical missionaries (or a denomination) some of whom have gone to Africa?
Wow that's a desperate statement to make me look bad. Btw, do you pay taxes? Well our taxes go to things like foreign aid to Saudi Arabia. It's a crime punishable by death in Saudi to be homosexual. Therefore you support bills calling for punishment of gay people. See how ridiculous your loose associations become?

Quote:

I didn't call a lot of people cold-hearted---I called YOU cold-hearted and uncompassionate.
And really, what do you gain by such ugly discourse? You don't know me personally so it's just baseless garbage. You certainly move the needle far away from me considering that you could be right in your beliefs.
Sad that your side just seems incapable of having a discussion without turning into personal attacks.

Quote:

And I guess you mean like the recent massacre in a place of worship by one of those on YOUR side, Mr. MySide guy?
The ones on my side seek to love God and our fellow human beings. We don't discriminate in that way unlike your side.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:17 PM

463 posts, read 190,943 times
Quote:
The Scriptures are the written Word of God, identified as Jesus in John 1, and (one of) the means in which present-day saints commune with God

Last edited by JCHouseHunter; 11-01-2018 at 02:38 PM..

Old 11-01-2018, 02:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,496,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The ones on my side seek to love God and our fellow human beings. We don't discriminate in that way unlike your side.
Is it alright, if I come to your business to buy a cake? How about obtaining a marriage license, according to the law of the land in which we live? And you say, you do not discriminate? Just for the record, love does not discriminate, neither does it condemn other people.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
The Scriptures are the written Word of God, identified as Jesus in John 1, and (one of) the means in which present-day commune with God
Jesus Christ is the Word of God, that is what the scriptures say. The means of present day communication is Christ in you. Paul even challenged the Corininthians by asking them this, "Do you know that Jesus Christ is in you?", he said if you don't know this, you have failed the test (2 Cor 13:5). Not once did he say a day is coming when i am going to send you a compilation of books and letters called the bible and this is what i want you to turn too and use as the means of communication between you and I. If you are honest with yourself, you know that this is right.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:37 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,781,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Jeff, it is understandable that you infer that you were lumped in the same class as that white supremists being from this past weekend. Perhaps you will reflect on that this upset you the next time you lump homosexuals with people who rape little children. And you do this frequently. You may refuse to believe that you do that however it is very clear that your posts do just that.

I am not classifying you as equal to the antisemitic in Pittsburgh or the white supremists Dylan Hood in I forget which city. I am saying that your bringing up pedophilia, bestiality and incest when speaking about homosexuals does infer that you equate them. If you are truly the caring person you claim to be I suggest you think about this the next time you attack SSM or gay rights. Think of how you felt even though it was never stated that you are equal.
WRONG. I have never directly made such a comparison. The only thing that is being equated is sexual immorality as a whole. I am merely pointing out the hypocrisy of approving of one type of sexual immorality but then being against other forms. Every argument you throw at me for homosexuality can be exchanged with another type that you don't approve of (and the consent argument doesn't cover all categories either).

Jesus was firmly against sexual immorality to such a level that he said even having the mere thoughts about it was sin.

Quote:

Second, Jesus did speak explicitly about sexual immorality in general and the nature of marriage. He denounced the former (e.g., Matt. 5:28; 15:19) and defined the latter according to Genesis 2:24: “For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh” (Matt. 19:5 AT; par. Mark 10:7–8).

Jesus affirmed the covenanted union of one man and one woman as the only normative expression of human sexuality. It is incredible to suggest that these words from Jesus have no bearing on the question of homosexuality. They surely do.

https://www.crossway.org/articles/wh...homosexuality/

Old 11-01-2018, 02:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,331,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Let me just stop you right here... because I already know where this is going, I already understand how you work here. It is useless wasting time and energy discussing this with you.

The operative word is FAITH.

Faith in the statements of Paul and Peter.

Faith in the testimony of God.

That's it.

Yep. Blind, unreasoning, childish faith. Charming when exhibited by children talking about Santa.

Painfully sad coming from adults talking about an old collection of parchments.

Old 11-01-2018, 02:41 PM

463 posts, read 190,943 times
Quote:
Jesus Christ is the Word of God, that is what the scriptures say. The means of present day communication is Christ in you. Paul even challenged the Corininthians by asking them this, "Do you know that Jesus Christ is in you?", he said if you don't know this, you have failed the test (2 Cor 13:5). Not once did he say a day is coming when i am going to send you a compilation of books and letters called the bible and this is what i want you to turn too and use as the means of communication between you and I. If you are honest with yourself, you know that this is right.
The Holy Spirit is in me, because I have received Christ as Lord and Savior

I didn't say 'the' means, I said 'a' means

Jesus said he would send a helper, not himself

Old 11-01-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
The Holy Spirit is in me, because I have received Christ as Lord and Savior

I didn't say 'the' means, I said 'a' means

Jesus said he would send a helper, not himself

I in them, and You in Me--that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me and loved them even as You loved Me.

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

It's getting pretty crowded in there with the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity