Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2019, 10:26 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,611,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes. With their spouse. Sex is not a bad thing. It's a good thing.
Sex doesn't magically become bad if you aren't married, BF. As long as there is no abuse, and people are smart about it, it is a magical thing, though.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:29 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,056,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Sex doesn't magically become bad if you aren't married, BF. As long as there is no abuse, and people are smart about it, it is a magical thing, though.
God has said differently. This being the "Christianity" board, it would seem self-evident that we'd want to defer to him on the topic. If you wish to not identify as a Christian and make up your own rules as you go, that's up to you. But he created us, he defines the rules, and he blessed the sexual relationship between a husband and wife. Jesus also affirmed that in the New Testament.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:49 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,232,868 times
Quote:
Yes. With their spouse. Sex is not a bad thing. It's a good thing.
So, isn't it fantastic that gays can marry now?!! They can have good sex with their spouses.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
God has said differently. This being the "Christianity" board, it would seem self-evident that we'd want to defer to him on the topic. If you wish to not identify as a Christian and make up your own rules as you go, that's up to you. But he created us, he defines the rules, and he blessed the sexual relationship between a husband and wife. Jesus also affirmed that in the New Testament.
You keep confusing what a god-thing said with what ancient, anonymous, barbaric men said.

Old 07-23-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Yea, if your version of god is so small that he cares so much about what I do with my privates with another consenting adult, married or not, he isn't worth my time.

I lived with my husband for over 5 years before getting married. Guess those 5 years really ticked off your version of God, huh?

Old 07-23-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Yea, if your version of god is so small that he cares so much about what I do with my privates with another consenting adult, married or not, he isn't worth my time.

I lived with my husband for over 5 years before getting married. Guess those 5 years really ticked off your version of God, huh?
Completely silly, isn't it?

The Omni-Max Creator of the Universe(s) is keeping a list of who does what with their naughty bits.

What a tiny-minded little god-thing -- not to mention a salacious voyeur.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:10 AM

88,689 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
If that was all it was meant for, why would it feel SOOOO good, homenj? Maybe that is the only reason for you to have sex, but certainly not the VAST majority of people in this world.

No, it means exactly that. If you only have sex to procreate, your sex life is terrible. Plain and simple. You don't enjoy a good sex life if that is all there is to it.
What about those of us who are past the procreation point? Are we supposed to just stop because we can't reproduce anymore?

I bet it could be even SCARIER for some people to think about older people doin' the nasty than about gay people. Clutch the pearls!

Old 07-23-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
So, isn't it fantastic that gays can marry now?!! They can have good sex with their spouses.
Yes, that is so much better, right? They can have good, married sex.

Quote:
You keep confusing what a god-thing said with what ancient, anonymous, barbaric men said.
Exactly, Trout. Exactly. Not to mention all the different types of sex and couplings the Bible allows, which people like BF would be against. Hypocrites. Period.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Completely silly, isn't it?

The Omni-Max Creator of the Universe(s) is keeping a list of who does what with their naughty bits.

What a tiny-minded little god-thing -- not to mention a salacious voyeur.
Right? I mean, why would the all-powerful being care who I have sex with? It is very silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What about those of us who are past the procreation point? Are we supposed to just stop because we can't reproduce anymore?

I bet it could be even SCARIER for some people to think about older people doin' the nasty than about gay people. Clutch the pearls!
Exactly. Why would God want you to stop having sex just because you can't have babies anymore? Or simply don't want anymore?

Personally, I don't ever think of others having sex. Gay, straight, young, or old. Just not something I worry myself with like the fundies on here.

Old 07-23-2019, 11:37 AM

88,689 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
Right? I mean, why would the all-powerful being care who I have sex with? It is very silly.

Exactly. Why would God want you to stop having sex just because you can't have babies anymore? Or simply don't want anymore?

Personally, I don't ever think of others having sex. Gay, straight, young, or old. Just not something I worry myself with like the fundies on here.
Or don't want any in the first place? My daughter does not want children and has done what she had to do to ensure that it never happens, and that wasn't a decision to be celibate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.