Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 07:33 AM

18,511 posts, read 9,188,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Christ is at the right hand of the father as we speak and he is patiently giving you time to repent of your hardened heart you seem to have agaisnt him. Like it or not, you WILL bow before him in the future and give an account for everything you have done.

Philippians 2:9-11
Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Revelation 1:7
Behold, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen.
SAAN,

I'm still waiting for you to explain these things in more detail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 07:55 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,151,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
SAAN,

I'm still waiting for you to explain these things in more detail.
Scriptures cant be explained to people with harden hearts like you who have rejected Jesus, as you dont care and here mainly to troll and instigate much of the time.

Right before you are thrown in the lake of fire, Jesus will explain them to you quite well.

Revelation 20:14-15(NKJV)
14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.[a] 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:02 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,778,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Please tell me what the name of this "properly translated Bible" is and where I can get it. I would like to read through this Bible and compare the list of 194 inaccuracies I posted elsewhere and see if they harmonize. If even the New Testament (forget about the Old Testament) is completely harmonized, I will renounce all former criticisms I have made. But only if the New Testament completely harmonizes.

But if I get no response from you giving me the name of this "properly translated Bible" I will know you are only talking through your hat and the claim is bogus. The ball is in your court, Eusebius if you are a true Christian and want to lead me back to the faith.
He actually does have one (can't recall the name) Online, and I found it quite handy, but really any Interlinear will do, if there is a question of translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
The Concordant Literal New Testament: Concordant Publishing Concern
That's the one.

Quote:
How do you know that? Do you have proof?
I'd like to see you build the Great Pyramid at Giza or anyone today with their so-called "higher learning."
This is the same point as in the post I make next...(huh?).. They could do a lot of things we perhaps can't today. But the fact is that we know more about their origins than they did and we certainly know better about the Cosmos. And that, not being able to work stone with sand and wood is why we probably are in a better position to reject the various god -claims. after all, don't you reject their God -claims, never mind that you can't build a pyramid?

Come to think of it, just what were the people of the Book able to do that we should look to them for religious beliefs rather than to the pyramid -builders?

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-13-2015 at 08:29 AM..

Old 10-13-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I can't agree with that...I believe that our ancestors were just as smart, if not smarter, than we are today...
True in many ways. One could say the same for some les civilized (as we might say) tribes today. But the fact is that we know more about our universe and global history than they did. Matt Dillahunty put it as well as any when he said that after he deconverted he was no smarter than he had been before - but he was much better informed.

This 'no smarter' gambit is just another bit iof wrongheaded theist apologetic misdirection.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is a common straw man argument. Of course, intelligence levels were not that different (but they were probably lower overall) than today. It is the knowledge deficit and illiteracy that was the source of the greatest differences between us and our ancient ancestors. They were truly barbarians with magical, superstitious minds filled with fables and myths about God and reality that rendered their interpretations and understanding of things very questionable. They unquestioningly believed that absolutely everything that happened in their lives was caused by God, including their own decisions. They would mistreat cripples because they did not want to treat them better than the God who crippled them, etc. We are talking very primitive and barbaric minds.
Cogent and concise, Trout.
Well done, Mystic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
However, G-d tests no man...
There's quite a few people who would put a lot of the trials we go through as a 'Test' of our faith. Do you maintain this doesn't happen? In which case - yet again sort out between yourselves just what it is that God does and doesn't do and get back to us.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Scriptures cant be explained to people with harden hearts like you who have rejected Jesus, as you dont care and here mainly to troll and instigate much of the time.

Right before you are thrown in the lake of fire, Jesus will explain them to you quite well.

14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.[a] 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.
This is wonderful stuff for showing why religion can poison the soul. It leads to contempt for anyone with different views, accusation of closed -mindedness, aggressive trolling and negativity.

It then follows up with some picturesque wishful thinking of Jesus confounding us naysayers in the way that he would love to (but can't) before putting us into the mincer of eternal torment. What a wonderful advertisement for Christian love and wisdom.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:

I am perfectly capable of looking at a map and looking through a telescope, regardless of any religious convictions I may (or may not) hold.

I am asking some very simple questions:

1) Where is the "right hand of the father"? Is it somewhere on planet earth? If so, please give me a specific location. The nearest large city or town would suffice. Is it somewhere in outer space? Please give the name of the planet, moon, nearest star, galaxy, or something similar.

2) When Jesus comes in the clouds, where will he be coming from? Outer space? The moon? Will he have a heat shield to avoid burning up during entry to the earth's atmosphere? Will he need to avoid hazards like air traffic?

3) Since you brought it up, where is the Lake of Fire? Is it inside a volcano? Is it an attraction in Las Vegas? Somewhere in Yellowstone National Park?

Please give specific answers to these questions in a timely manner.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:11 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,432,644 times
Quote:
How do you know that? Do you have proof?
I'd like to see you build the Great Pyramid at Giza or anyone today with their so-called "higher learning."
Actually men have built a pyramid today using ...... the ancient technology. It wasn't that big, but the process was the same and showed it could be done with the people and equipment they had then. Nothing special, just hard work. Now the so-called ones with higher learning today would probably do it wrong.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
This is wonderful stuff for showing why religion can poison the soul. It leads to contempt for anyone with different views, accusation of closed -mindedness, aggressive trolling and negativity.

It then follows up with some picturesque wishful thinking of Jesus confounding us naysayers in the way that he would love to (but can't) before putting us into the mincer of eternal torment. What a wonderful advertisement for Christian love and wisdom.
Agree.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:23 AM

18,253 posts, read 16,954,170 times
Quote:

Get ready, freak80. SAAN has decided you're going to the lake of fire and burn for all eternity. I hope you've purchased your asbestos Long Johns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity