Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 08:53 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It comes from the Spirit that dwells within, and good breeding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 08:57 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Even the OT believers understood this.... with such statements like he's an ever present help in times of trouble. So laugh as much as you want and carry on promoting the separation that if the truth is known you believe yourself to be until you meet Jesus one day lol.
I am no longer separated from God. I have been born again. Have you?

On the other hand, those who have not remain under condemnation (separation) and will not see God (John 3).

Old 10-30-2015, 12:05 AM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Yes, I believe that we are all worthy of love because we are creatures of God and God is love. All are valuable to Him, even those who are lost and who are rebellious now. I believe that each vessel has a part to play in His plan and will eventually show the glory of love. God bless.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:14 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,805 times
Thank you all for the wonderful additions to this discussion. I know that most of you all know where I stand on this question of "are we worthy of love". I am not sure why some people love more than others.... I will likely never understand why that is. To love deeply is both a wonderful thing and at times a painful thing, I do know that. To allow your heart to be softened makes you vulnerable to more suffering.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:16 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

On the other hand, those who have not remain under condemnation (separation) and will not see God (John 3).
No one is under condemnation except the son of perdition. There are two sons bound up together in Adam and his offspring.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Again a mis interpretation of the verse and a lack of understanding what wrath and condemnation are. Unbelief which the scripture calls sin..... separates you not literally but consciously from the reality that is you are not separated, in other words you just think you are, so you live a life by something other than from the knowledge of oneness with God and you fall short(and miss the mark) of the glory of God which we are. Condemnation(self) only exists in those who are believing they are separated from God.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
No one is under condemnation except the son of perdition. There are two sons bound up together in Adam and his offspring.
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son"

Old 10-30-2015, 10:24 AM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Love is the greatest virtue; it's free from bias or any injustice.
His countenance bore the love of God, not the sins of men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIucRL4iQTI

All I've got to say is that that video was just about the sweetest, most touching thing I have ever seen in my life!!!

Old 10-30-2015, 11:28 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son"
Those who don't believe are not condemned too.....some just feel that they are, and it doesn't help any you fundamentalists telling the vulnerable that they are. Tell them the truth that God is not holding anything against them, so return unto him.

Old 11-01-2015, 01:00 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,156,182 times
Even the condemned are loved by God because God loves His enemies. Condemnation does not put hamper or change the love of God. Being condemned to death or prison does not negate the love of God who is described as love. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity