Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 05:14 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Yes we can, and many of us have created god in our own image--but we CANNOT wield this created persona like a weapon against others, nor can we impose our values that we have accepted into others lives.
Oh, but so many try. So many little dictators in the world! Sigh..... So many who want you to jump when they say jump... or else!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 10:45 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
No god exists outside the human mind, imo, and no one can prove otherwise.
God's bread comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. I am the bread of life. I'm the bread that comes down from heaven for a man to eat and never die. I myself am the living bread.

I came down from heaven to do the will of Him who sent me not my own. Anyone who chooses to do His will shall know about this teaching, namely, whether it comes from God or I am speaking on my own.

Anyone who speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.

I am the proof there is a God. Be me and see. Follow the truth. Follow me and see.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:48 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Agnostics is the one , who needs to have a profound experience with the living God

Old 10-30-2015, 03:00 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
What about God who wants and is worthy of praise, submission, reverence? That doesn't fit the man centered theology that you promote.

..and as far as the 'new' command...it's a summary of the law (ten commandments) that you despise. Judge not others for there reading comprehension...
It does fit, when we recognize all the gifts we have been given (though too many of us refuse to utilize these gifts) why wouldn't God be worthy of praise, submission and reverence?

I suppose the real stumbling block is what does one mean by submission?

Old 10-30-2015, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
God's bread comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. I am the bread of life. I'm the bread that comes down from heaven for a man to eat and never die. I myself am the living bread.

I came down from heaven to do the will of Him who sent me not my own. Anyone who chooses to do His will shall know about this teaching, namely, whether it comes from God or I am speaking on my own.

Anyone who speaks on his own seeks his own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.

I am the proof there is a God. Be me and see. Follow the truth. Follow me and see.
I gotta wear shades when I read these posts--they are so"bright."

Old 10-30-2015, 03:07 AM

Quote:
What about God who wants and is worthy of praise, submission, reverence? That doesn't fit the man centered theology that you promote.

..and as far as the 'new' command...it's a summary of the law (ten commandments) that you despise. Judge not others for there reading comprehension...
Chapter and post number?

If one has actually READ a few previous posts, I have never said I despise the Big 10==I do however GREATLY DESPISE how humanity has interpreted and used the Big 10 to manipulate and carry out genocide against other cultures.

I am not juding others comprehension, I m simply saying they LACK comprehension.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:27 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:

Making it about posters by claiming they cannot comprehend is nothing but a clumsy attempt to deflect from something they cannot explain.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:50 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Any understanding of God that is limited to one's rational thought is not god at all.
As an atheist, I agree completely.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:54 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yet people believe for reasons you cannot understand. And you are correct. We can't prove it to you.
I know. That's why I think that "God belief" is real (real psychology) even though it isn't rational.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:04 AM

689 posts, read 494,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's repeated on here daily by you and your colleagues of the same mind. Yet people believe. Do you have anything else to add of further value to the conversation?

Belief cannot be so easily explained away. Yes, we've heard the usual repetitive statements, people making up God to explain what they don't understand, people needing something to believe in, people being weak-minded or lacking in intelligence, we've heard it all before from the people who are you with a different name.

Yet people believe for reasons you cannot understand. And you are correct. We can't prove it to you.
Just because people believe a deity of some sort exists doesn't mean it does, especially as any supporting evidence is lacking. I was a 'born again' believer as a young person so I do understand the reasons, even if they aren't rational.

we've heard it all before from the people who are you with a different name.

Meaning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity