Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 07:05 AM

689 posts, read 494,929 times

Advertisements

If the deity exists one wonders if it was sitting on its cloud rubbing its hands and getting off on the terrible events in Paris? If it was omnipotent and loving it would have been capable of stopping this terrorist outrage, so why didn't it? Some Christians will praise the deity if something good happens but not blame it when bad things happen, WHY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 07:15 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
If the deity exists one wonders if it was sitting on its cloud rubbing its hands and getting off on the terrible events in Paris? If it was omnipotent and loving it would have been capable of stopping this terrorist outrage, so why didn't it? Some Christians will praise the deity if something good happens but not blame it when bad things happen, WHY?
Because to blame God, is to accuse him of not having a reason for allowing evil to have it's time in the world. That is the reason. I certainly understand your feelings, but they lead no where and I do not want to go no where. I prefer to have faith in a better destiny than this present temporary placement.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Because to blame God, is to accuse him of not having a reason for allowing evil to have it's time in the world. That is the reason. I certainly understand your feelings, but they lead no where and I do not want to go no where. I prefer to have faith in a better destiny than this present temporary placement.
What sort of evil deity would create evil in the first place? I am of the opinion that this life is it, and when we die we cease to be, which is a better option than heaven, imo. A faith with nothing to back it up in the way of evidence is meanlingless to me.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:12 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
The simple answer to this is "imagination is the beginning of all creation"........absolutely nothing is created without it. There is no God in the heavens idly sitting by...... this is a myth. There is nothing you are seeing that wasn't first imagined. The Kingdom of heaven Jesus spoke of was no place somewhere up in the skies but a realm(another dimension that exists in all of us) where if we seek it with all of our heart we would find it.... a place where we find the pearl of great price that is the key to knowledge...... that how a man imagines in his heart creates the world he lives in....... a world of light or a world of darkness, both have its beginning in imagination. Yea BS I know.... not a problem, you are free to believe what you want.

The deity you are mad at BC does not exist except in your imagination. If it didn't then why are you speaking out against it ?.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:17 AM

14,883 posts, read 17,164,304 times
I believe that all is out of God. He has a purpose for all things, even if we don't understand it or can't accept it. Maybe we are not supposed to. The death of Jesus was terrible and horrendous, for example, yet God had a plan for it and He Himself purposed it. We forget that everything belongs to God anyway, and His ways are higher than our ways. We can shake our fists at him and spit on Him. It is not going to change anything. We are His creatures. We do not belong to ourselves. We did not create ourselves. We cannot even ultimately prevent our own death. Therefore I will trust in Him even when I don't understand. It's called faith. God bless the people who are suffering because of this tragedy. God bless.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:18 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
God is standing there wondering when we will do something to stop the madness.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The simple answer to this is "imagination is the beginning of all creation"........absolutely nothing is created without it. There is no God in the heavens idly sitting by...... this is a myth. There is nothing you are seeing that wasn't first imagined. The Kingdom of heaven Jesus spoke of was no place somewhere up in the skies but a realm(another dimension that exists in all of us) where if we seek it with all of our heart we would find it.... a place where we find the pearl of great price that is the key to knowledge...... that how a man imagines in his heart creates the world he lives in....... a world of light or a world of darkness, both have its beginning in imagination. Yea BS I know.... not a problem, you are free to believe what you want.

The deity you are mad at BC does not exist except in your imagination. If it didn't then why are you speaking out against it ?.

Have you ever read the Bible?

Old 11-14-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
God is standing there wondering when we will do something to stop the madness.
If the deity exists exterminating it might be the first step!

Old 11-14-2015, 08:48 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Have you ever read the Bible?
The same you used to, but I traded in the mind I used to read it with . If you couldn't see "God put me up to it" within its pages being the biggest excuse for shifting blame of the failure of man being all that God desires for us to be,then you too were definitely reading from a wrong place. Home truths are not painful if you are open minded....they just remove the blinkers off your eyes to see.

Old 11-14-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The same you used to, but I traded in the mind I used to read it with . If you couldn't see "God put me up to it" within its pages being the biggest excuse for shifting blame of the failure of man being all that God desires for us to be,then you too were definitely reading from a wrong place. Home truths are not painful if you are open minded....they just remove the blinkers off your eyes to see.
I believe we are all responsible for our own actions, good or bad, as I don't believe the deity exists!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity