Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 12:15 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
As I understand it, according to DRob, if you're the proper sort of Christian and believe what the proper sort of Christian believes, then upon death one's soul's sin slate is wiped clean.

However, non-Christians and non-proper Christians will still have stained souls, simply slathered with sin, and will have to roast eternally.

Too bad. So sad. <---- Crocodile tears shed by the proper sort of Christian.

Well, yeah. I know that's what he believes. But did he somewhere explain HOW people achieve a sinless state in heaven? You say their sin slate is wiped clean ... like, *poof*, "You're sinless". So, essentially God CAN destroy sin in people without destroying them. Which is the exact opposite of what DRob said.

Sounds completely self-contradictory to me. You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Pleroo, I think this is a very good question and the bolded, especially jumped out at me. I hope you and DRob continue this conversation, it's a fruitful one.
peace,
sparrow

Not so much.
If you are so inclined, feel free to continue the conversation with him ... if anyone can lead it in a fruitful direction, I believe it would be you.

Old 11-23-2015, 12:23 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Not so much.
If you are so inclined, feel free to continue the conversation with him ... if anyone can lead it in a fruitful direction, I believe it would be you.

Someone is attack mode today...

Quote:
As I understand it, according to DRob, if you're the proper sort of Christian and believe what the proper sort of Christian believes, then upon death one's soul's sin slate is wiped clean.

However, non-Christians and non-proper Christians will still have stained souls, simply slathered with sin, and will have to roast eternally.

Too bad. So sad. <---- Crocodile tears shed by the proper sort of Christian.

Not bad...

Old 11-23-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Someone is attack mode today...

I hoped for a fruitful conversation. You and I didn't achieve it, but sparrow's way of communicating is much different than my own, so I'm hoping that she can succeed where I could not... (IF she chooses to engage ... not trying to pressure you, sparrow.)

Old 11-23-2015, 12:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:

I hoped for a fruitful conversation. You and I didn't achieve it, but sparrow's way of communicating is much different than my own, so I'm hoping that she can succeed where I could not... (IF she chooses to engage ... not trying to pressure you, sparrow.)
Having a cleansed conscience is not for the purpose of entering to a place up in the sky called heaven which all bible fundamentalists have their hopes pinned on, but to live by heaven( the way of Jesus Christ).

Old 11-23-2015, 01:08 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Are you a closet fundamentalist still?
Of course.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Having a cleansed conscience is not for the purpose of entering to a place up in the sky called heaven which all bible fundamentalists have their hopes pinned on, but to live by heaven( the way of Jesus Christ).
What does it mean to live by heaven, and how does a cleansed conscience allow one to do that, pcamps?

Old 11-23-2015, 01:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:

Well, yeah. I know that's what he believes. But did he somewhere explain HOW people achieve a sinless state in heaven? You say their sin slate is wiped clean ... like, *poof*, "You're sinless". So, essentially God CAN destroy sin in people without destroying them. Which is the exact opposite of what DRob said.

Sounds completely self-contradictory to me. You?
I think it's all quite childish and silly.

Old 11-23-2015, 01:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
What does it mean to live by heaven, and how does a cleansed conscience allow one to do that, pcamps?
Someone's in attack mode today A cleansed conscience unlike a guilty conscience gives you confidence before God and takes the focus off of self and onto His higher ways and thoughts(heaven). What a man focuses/thinks upon he becomes.

Old 11-23-2015, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I think it's all quite childish and silly.
In my experience, becoming willing to finally acknowledge the self-contradictory nature of the beliefs I once held, which were on many fronts the same as DRob's beliefs, helped me to see the truth of what you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Someone's in attack mode today A cleansed conscience unlike a guilty conscience gives you confidence before God and takes the focus off of self and onto His higher ways and thoughts(heaven). What a man focuses/thinks upon he becomes.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity