Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 03:34 PM

302 posts, read 553,964 times

Advertisements

The first word of the gospel that Jesus and the apostles preached was "Repent.". Unfortunately, most of modern Christianity has departed from the truth of Jesus and the apostles when they say that we can sin and repent; sin and repent; sin and repent --because God will always forgive our sins; past, present and future.

Repent does not mean to simply say "I am sorry". Rather it means to cease from willful sin altogether.
True repentence is to choose to cease from sin completely and forever (knowing that one cannot possibly do so apart from the Spirit of God).

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

In that verse the word "repent" is from the Greek metanoeo rendered as an aorist Imperative which means: "a command for doing something in the future that is a simple action. This is contrasted with the present imperative, which involves a command for continuous or repetitive action."

Peter was saying that they should repent (once and for all) not continuously repent and sin and repent and sin and repent etc.... What he said was:

Repent and....you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
First the full repentence and then the Holy Spirit.

"And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him." Acts 5:32

Obviously it cannot also be true that God has given the Holy Spirit to those who disobey Him... (People who have spiritual gifts and disobey God do not have the indwelling Holy Spirit and are not born again.)

Many Christians have never made that full repentence because they have been told that they can never really cease from sin. Therefore, they are told, if they sin "occasionally" but do not have a "lifestyle of sin" (whatever that means?) they will still inherit eternal life. Nothing could be further from the truth!

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin" 1John 3:9

Now, let the scriptures correct the deception that God will always forgive our willful sins: past, present and future.

When we have faith in The Father and His Son Jesus Christ and have truly repented, our past sins are forgiven:

" Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" Rom 3:25
When we are converted all past sins are forgiven. After a person is born-again, only sins of ignorance are forgiven. If a person sins with knowledge and intent after that time, they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and there is no more sacrifice for sin.
See Hebrews 6:1-8; Hebrews 10:26-31.

Jesus gave us no options; we must surrender this lifetime to Him, no matter what it may cost! The first act of our surrender is to obey God's law, just as Jesus said:

"... but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matthew 19:17 KJV

Donna Kupp
The Seven Deadly Deceptions Of Counterfeit Christianity
http://www.freetruth.info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 07:44 PM

342 posts, read 540,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
The first word of the gospel that Jesus and the apostles preached was "Repent.". Unfortunately, most of modern Christianity has departed from the truth of Jesus and the apostles when they say that we can sin and repent; sin and repent; sin and repent --because God will always forgive our sins; past, present and future.

Repent does not mean to simply say "I am sorry". Rather it means to cease from willful sin altogether.
True repentence is to choose to cease from sin completely and forever (knowing that one cannot possibly do so apart from the Spirit of God).

"Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38

In that verse the word "repent" is from the Greek metanoeo rendered as an aorist Imperative which means: "a command for doing something in the future that is a simple action. This is contrasted with the present imperative, which involves a command for continuous or repetitive action."

Peter was saying that they should repent (once and for all) not continuously repent and sin and repent and sin and repent etc.... What he said was:

"And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him." Acts 5:32

Obviously it cannot also be true that God has given the Holy Spirit to those who disobey Him... (People who have spiritual gifts and disobey God do not have the indwelling Holy Spirit and are not born again.)

Many Christians have never made that full repentence because they have been told that they can never really cease from sin. Therefore, they are told, if they sin "occasionally" but do not have a "lifestyle of sin" (whatever that means?) they will still inherit eternal life. Nothing could be further from the truth!

Now, let the scriptures correct the deception that God will always forgive our willful sins: past, present and future.

When we have faith in The Father and His Son Jesus Christ and have truly repented, our past sins are forgiven:

" Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" Rom 3:25
When we are converted all past sins are forgiven. After a person is born-again, only sins of ignorance are forgiven. If a person sins with knowledge and intent after that time, they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and there is no more sacrifice for sin.

Jesus gave us no options; we must surrender this lifetime to Him, no matter what it may cost! The first act of our surrender is to obey God's law, just as Jesus said:

"... but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matthew 19:17 KJV

Donna Kupp
So, if we do mess up and commit another sin (even one) what should we do??......Can we repent and seek forgiveness from God??? or .....Is forgiveness a one and one time only thing???....(i.e. no second chances)........should we just assume that we are now beyond all hope???......... please respond. Thank you

Old 01-25-2009, 07:48 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vessif View Post
So if we do mess up and commit another sin (even one) what should we do??......Can we repent and seek forgiveness from God??? or .....Is it a one and one time only thing,....(i.e. no second chances) please respond. Thank you
No second chances? If that's the case then we are ALL doomed. Yes, second chances.................................final answer!!

Old 01-25-2009, 07:51 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,906 times
Even Paul admitted that he did what he did not want to do and didnt do what he should do but that Gods grace was sufficient for all.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
No second chances? If that's the case then we are ALL doomed. Yes, second chances.................................final answer!!
Not according to Donna Kupp.....I would like to hear her response to my post........Will God forgive us once and once only?? Donna please see post #2....Thank you......Oh..... by the way does this also imply that I am to forgive my brother or sister only once if they sin against me?????.....If they sin against me a second time and a ask me to forgive them again; Should I refuse......???? or Is the # 490 times only......

Last edited by Vessif; 01-25-2009 at 08:02 PM..

Old 01-25-2009, 08:01 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post

Donna Kupp
Dear Donna...This is absolutely right on target. We were given no options. It's black and white..no shaded grey areas...and the cost IS EVERYTHING, the cost is OUR will, which includes everything...our choices...our decisions...our goals...our dreams..our future...our hopes...our desires...our ambitions. When a person TRULY repents, and like you said ONCE AND FOR ALL repents, and truly SUBMITTS, which is TOTALY submittting your body ENTIRELY as a LIVING SACRIFICE to God...THEN...our choices...our decisions...our goals..our dreams..our future...our hopes...our desires and our ambitions become God's choices, decisions, goals, dreams, future, hopes, desires, and ambitions FOR US! We SACRIFICE EVERYTHING! No longer is it our will, but now it is GOD'S will for us...TOTALLY! And something else that needs to be said...something that I myself have just learned, through revelation from the Holy Spirit: We are not saved UNTIL we stand in front of Jesus Christ Himself, on Judgement Day and He declares us SAVED! Me, and everyone else like me...born-again, baptized, the whole thing...we are not saved until then and only then, and even then we have no absolute assurance of being saved then! A real tough pill for us to swallow...yes it is...but it is the truth that we need to hear, and know, for our own good! We must know this...Christians this is Biblical! I'm doing a study now on it..and when I've completed it, I'll post it! Now, I am assuming that most Christians aren't aware of this...I wasn't, but you all may have a lot more knowledge than I do...I just know that the Holy Spirit has just revealed this to me. This truth is the victory that overcomes the world! We can not be saved and do the things that we do on a daily basis, thinking it's alright...no matter how small that thing is...sin is sin is sin is sin...doesn't matter what it is. And we CAN not sin! No matter what one has been led to believe...we can go without sinning! We can come to a "PLACE"...the same place that God showed to Abraham..."...a place afar off he saw...", "...Abraham went to the "place" that God showed him"...this "place" is called: "The Will of God!"...

If you had one question, and one question only to ask...forevermore...what woulld be the SMARTEST question...the absolutely smartest question you would ask?
I believe it would be and should be..."What is the will of God for my life?"

Old 01-25-2009, 08:04 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,442,973 times
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. There is none perfect, no not one! God knows the heart and knows when you are being honest. Thank God He is a God of second chances. I'm living proof! He's God people! He is able to do all things according to His will. Seconds, thirds..........................Come as you are. It's not in your falling down, it's in your getting up. Some of us after failing over and over again, are "helped up" by Him and Him alone. How many times have He commanded us to forgive? Do He ever ask of us something He Himself cannot do? Think about it.

Stop putting limits on God people. We are truly living in the last days. Make up your minds today, whom you're going to serve. For my God is an awesome God!!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Not according to Donna Kupp.....I would like to hear her response to my post........Will God forgive us once and once only?? Donna please see post #2....Thank you......Oh..... by the way does this also imply that I am to forgive my brother or sister only once if they sin against me?????.....If they sin against me a second time and a ask me to forgive them again; Should I refuse......???? or Is the # 490 times only......
.......PLEASE Respond

Old 01-26-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Even Paul admitted that he did what he did not want to do and didnt do what he should do but that Gods grace was sufficient for all.
Please give the scripture to support your statement. If it is the 7th Chapter of Romans. Then, Paul was describing his condition before he was born-again.

If you are born-again and have the indwelling Holy Spirit, then you have the power to stop disobeying God --and God will never allow you to be tested beyond what you are able to endure.

The problem is that most of modern Christianity have not taken the first step toward being a child of God; because they have never really repented.

This is serious business. The choices that we make have eternal consequences.

"Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous." 1 John 3:7

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." 1 John 3:10

Donna Kupp

freetruth.info

Old 01-26-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
So, if we do mess up and commit another sin (even one) what should we do??......Can we repent and seek forgiveness from God??? or .....Is forgiveness a one and one time only thing???....(i.e. no second chances)........should we just assume that we are now beyond all hope???......... please respond. Thank you
What do the scriptures say? You must understand what it means to commit sin and know the difference between committing sin and sins of ignorance.

Please read Deception #1 and Deception #2 on my free website. Under related subjects: "Blaspheme The Spirit" and "Knowledge Of The Truth" Heb 10:26. Those articles contain the answers to your questions.

If your present spiritual condition is "sin and repent" and "sin and repent", then you have probably never truly repented in the first place. That is good news; because now you still have the opportunity to make that full repentance and commitment that God requires of you.

Donna Kupp

freetruth.info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity