Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2015, 01:05 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,932,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

You divided people into Christians and "fundies" which can only mean you do not consider "fundies" as christians. I told you I am not surprised you'd dismiss those who disagree with you as non-christians.
You divided people into "Christians" who believe your twaddle and "other" who do not. "I am not surprised you'd dismiss those who disagree with you as non-christians."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 04:17 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You divided people into "Christians" who believe your twaddle and "other" who do not. "I am not surprised you'd dismiss those who disagree with you as non-christians."
Why are you are lying? You made that judgment, not me. I dismissed no-one as non-Christian, and everyone can see it reading the posts.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-25-2015 at 04:27 PM..

Old 12-25-2015, 04:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
Quote:
You are lying.
If there was a prize for the poster who makes the most posts accusing someone else of lying...you would win. Easily.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Why are you are lying? You made that judgment, not me. I dismissed no-one as non-Christian, and everyone can see it reading the posts.
Nor did I, Finn, any more than you did. YOU put those who do not believe as you do into some separate category by saying "Christians believe this." I put Fundies into a sub category of "Christian" by saying that not all Christians believe this. You can't have your cake and eat it, Finn: erither YOU marked a separation or I did not. Both statemernts were of the same nature.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Nor did I, Finn, any more than you did. YOU put those who do not believe as you do into some separate category by saying "Christians believe this." I put Fundies into a sub category of "Christian" by saying that not all Christians believe this. You can't have your cake and eat it, Finn: erither YOU marked a separation or I did not. Both statemernts were of the same nature.
No, you said Christians believe one thing, and "fundies" believe something else, and that can only mean that you do not see "fundies" as Christians.

Own your words, and do not claim I said something I never said.

Final comment.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 12-25-2015 at 06:47 PM..

Old 12-25-2015, 08:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
You cannot reason with Anyone who defends what they believe as if they are speaking on the behalf of God.

Old 12-25-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
No, you said Christians believe one thing, and "fundies" believe something else, and that can only mean that you do not see "fundies" as Christians.

Own your words, and do not claim I said something I never said.

Final comment.
And you said that "Christians" believe a certain thing and therefore anyone who does not must not be a "Christian" and that means that you do not see ahnyone who believes differently from you as "Christian."

Goose and gander, Finn. You are p***ing at me for doing exactly what you have done.

Final comment.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
God wants our faith more than anything else. Sorry it's not exciting for you, but it is what it is.

Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
Very true. Withoyt faith it is impossible to please God.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:21 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
God wants our faith more than anything else. Sorry it's not exciting for you, but it is what it is.

Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
That doesnt say that God wants our faith.

Old 12-26-2015, 09:15 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,720,923 times
Quote:
Very true. Withoyt faith it is impossible to please God.
The line you quoted is the opinion of the unknown author of Hebrews.

When you spend more time in the red letter Bible, the parables told as well as the lessons taught, faith isn't quite enough.

I suppose the Levite and the Pharisee who passed the injured man on the road had faith--but it didn't translate into action. The faithless (according to the Jews) Samaritan took action--and it was that which made him a "good neighbor."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity