Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 04:44 PM

23,169 posts, read 10,463,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Hint, hint. Please notice Matthew 24:13

He who endures to the end is saved.
So, we can faithfully endure to the end of one's life, or endure alive to the soon ' time of separation ' - Matthew 25:31-33

1 Thess.
4But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day would overtake you like a thief; 5for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness;…{Because you know the times and seasons of the Lord}

Revelation 3
So remember what you have received and heard; and keep it, and repent. Therefore if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come to you.{A promised warning}

Matthew 24:13
13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

Jesus is speaking of the day that we don't speak about, and every time you see it mentioned it is saying,'' When you come to Rosh Hashanah.''

The day is not hidden as Paul says it is NOT hidden to those who know the comings and goings of the temple and the set harvests. Paul says that we cannot be taken by surprise BECAUSE we know the comings of the Lord.

Yom Hakkaseh is the hidden day that we are not supposed to speak about because it is hidden from the evil and it is forbidden to speak about the day.
Revelation 3:3
Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Every single time you read, '' The day no man knows, only the father,'' it is speaking about an hour and day that EVERYBODY KNOWS.

Ask anyone who keeps Rosh Hashanah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2015, 05:02 PM

598 posts, read 358,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
LAst hint: The end of times occurs with each of our individual death
This ^^^

Old 12-14-2015, 12:03 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Depends largely on what you want to focus on.

In Berlin the other day, Jewish and Syrian refugee Muslim children shared, at Jewish invitation, the experience of lighting the Channukah candle. Meanwhile in Canada, Syrian refugees were welcomed personally by the Prime Minister, with the greeting, "welcome home". So even outside Christian sensibilities there is goodwill in the world being expressed by people to other people.

Violent urban crime is at all time lows.

I am currently reading about the holocaust in central and eastern Europe ... millions of people systematically and industrially murdered in a very short time frame for primarily racial and ideological reasons. So we see that there have been subjectively darker times than the ones we live in.

There will always be things to fear and cycles of violence in the world. The question is whether you're going to be one of those people who are fear mongers or if you're going to do something positive or at least chose hope over despair. If your beliefs tend to make you fearful and despairing then maybe you need to re-evaluate them.

Demographics will be shifting dramatically in the next several decades as war in the Middle East, global climate change, and population explosion radically alter the earth's environment. But none of this has anything to do with end-time prophecy which was mostly written for Biblical times, not long-term future events.

Europe will Muslimize; whole populations will emigrate to different lands to escape war, famine, looking for better opportunities; disease will flourish as the climate warms. The world will be hell on earth and there may be a sixth "extinction" event as a result of all this but a few will survive to repopulate the planet and then it starts all over again with sticks and stones. Note the following is NBC News, not a hack crackpot:

Quote:
Even conservative calculations show the world is in the midst of a sixth mass extinction that's being caused by our species — and is likely to lead to humanity's demise if unchecked, scientists reported Friday.

Scientists Build Case for 'Sixth Extinction' ... and Say It Could Kill Us - NBC News

Nothing supernatural or Biblical about this. It's man's doing and you won't see God appearing in the sky to give humanity a lecture anytime soon. This is a giant snowball rolling down a mountainside and it's unstoppable---given man's greed for wealth and power.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Demographics will be shifting dramatically in the next several decades as war in the Middle East, global climate change, and population explosion radically alter the earth's environment. But none of this has anything to do with end-time prophecy which was mostly written for Biblical times, not long-term future events.

Europe will Muslimize; whole populations will emigrate to different lands to escape war, famine, looking for better opportunities; disease will flourish as the climate warms. The world will be hell on earth and there may be a sixth "extinction" event as a result of all this but a few will survive to repopulate the planet and then it starts all over again with sticks and stones. Note the following is NBC News, not a hack crackpot:

Scientists Build Case for 'Sixth Extinction' ... and Say It Could Kill Us - NBC News

Nothing supernatural or Biblical about this. It's man's doing and you won't see God appearing in the sky to give humanity a lecture anytime soon. This is a giant snowball rolling down a mountainside and it's unstoppable---given man's greed for wealth and power.

Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah speak about the last days in which an Arab spring takes place for the very first time in these country's history. It shows prophesies of the people of Egypt throwing down their ruler for the first time in history and setting up a type of democracy, and it details everything that happened in the Arab spring SAVE ON THING.

The President of Syria is the last leader to fall, and people have been waiting for an evil force to arise Northern Syria and Iraq just as Isis has{the bible predicted Isis}. I never could figure out what was going to bring the whole world to Syria in order for the events in the bible to take place BUT HERE WE ARE. Putin talking about Nuking Isis, and the president of Syria just being proven in buying oil from Isis. Putin has become a Messiah to people there now and Obama is like a demon who armed every bad person, they hate Obama because he ran and caused a refugee crisis.

We have been waiting for one leader, and one event all this time, and this is the destruction of Damascus.

If you see Damascus destroyed and the world doesn't change, then you could laugh because universal prophesies come into play the day Damascus is destroyed, and we are right there watching, right now.

Israel becoming a nation is a new thing and plenty of fulfilled prophesy to go with it.

What has taken place in the middle east in recent years has never happened in all of history. Then we sit and watch the president of Egypt, that laying in a bed in a jail at his court.

Old 12-14-2015, 12:43 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah speak about the last days in which an Arab spring takes place for the very first time in these country's history. It shows prophesies of the people of Egypt throwing down their ruler for the first time in history and setting up a type of democracy, and it details everything that happened in the Arab spring SAVE ON THING.

The President of Syria is the last leader to fall, and people have been waiting for an evil force to arise Northern Syria and Iraq just as Isis has{the bible predicted Isis}. I never could figure out what was going to bring the whole world to Syria in order for the events in the bible to take place BUT HERE WE ARE. Putin talking about Nuking Isis, and the president of Syria just being proven in buying oil from Isis. Putin has become a Messiah to people there now and Obama is like a demon who armed every bad person, they hate Obama because he ran and caused a refugee crisis.

We have been waiting for one leader, and one event all this time, and this is the destruction of Damascus.

If you see Damascus destroyed and the world doesn't change, then you could laugh because universal prophesies come into play the day Damascus is destroyed, and we are right there watching, right now.

Israel becoming a nation is a new thing and plenty of fulfilled prophesy to go with it.

What has taken place in the middle east in recent years has never happened in all of history. Then we sit and watch the president of Egypt, that laying in a bed in a jail at his court.

You're too intelligent a person, Hannibal to believe all this nonsense.

Old 12-14-2015, 01:36 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:

In related news:
Christian Groups: Biblical Armageddon Must Be Taught Alongside Global Warming - The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 12-14-2015, 02:17 PM

20,018 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
The world will be hell on earth and there may be a sixth "extinction" event as a result of all this but a few will survive to repopulate the planet and then it starts all over again with sticks and stones.
Which is beside my point.

I acknowledge there are serious difficulties in the world ... as there always are ... and we believe, like every generation does, that our particular difficulties are insurmountable and will lead to the End of Days. Maybe we are even right.

But what I object to is the one-upsmanship here. Things are bad! Is not! Is so!

Is this a race to the bottom or something? Is this about who has the ironclad evidence of the end of life as we know it?

If we all run around crying that the sky is falling all we will do is open ourselves up to demagogues who promise to fix things for us and end up making things far worse than they already are.

In any case our brains are heavily biased to giving credence to anything remotely threatening, and to practically ignoring good stuff. So we really have to make an effort to maintain a positive balance.

How about the historic climate accords in Paris in the past week? Finally a serious effort and a good lurch in the right direction. How about THAT?

That accord came about because people didn't throw up their hands in despair and bemoan the irreversible juggernaught of apocalyptic destruction that is inevitable, and did not wait for Someone Else to Do Something about it.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
You're too intelligent a person, Hannibal to believe all this nonsense.
That is so freaking weird, I was just saying the same thing of you, lol.{you know I love ya dude}

I have to go with the Prophesies, because I believe the bible and I believe it will be proven true.

It's not that hard to figure out, the bible teaches that we should die to the beast within. The most beautiful creature of the beasts was in the garden and our father. Jesus tells 3 disciples that the they were speaking from their father Satan which is a beast.

It is that vain beast mentality that the bible is teaching, to overcome and die to this natural thing we are born into. To die to the primitive nature of the beast we are. I believe in evolution because the bible teaches it, and it teaches this beastly nature from cover to cover.

Christians are looking for some great antichrist, the lawless one, but when this was written, there was already the concept of this beastly nature being exposed in all men, and it is continually teaching that we are born from animals with a beastly mentality that we need to evolve, and so the design of the temple is ever evolving.

The problem being, '' The pre conceived ideas people already have.''

God first dwelt in the skins of animals and the lesson is to die and evolve, it is an ever evolving Temple design that goes from animal to human.

I won't be surprised when the bible is proven to be the greatest scientific book ever written, it teaches the origins of the Earth and Moon and their marriage in the story of Adam and Eve, it just teaches science.

Old 12-14-2015, 02:31 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Speaking of climate change, it's been 10 to 20F above average here in upstate NY for almost the whole month of December. And November was ridiculously warm (and sunny) as well. It's been like North Carolina for the last six weeks. No, that doesn't prove the entire planet is warming, but there IS plenty of evidence for that. Is God's thermostat broken?

Old 12-14-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Speaking of climate change, it's been 10 to 20F above average here in upstate NY for almost the whole month of December. And November was ridiculously warm (and sunny) as well. It's been like North Carolina for the last six weeks. No, that doesn't prove the entire planet is warming, but there IS plenty of evidence for that. Is God's thermostat broken?

I will send the great whites to Martha's vineyard and people will be whispering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity