Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 10:35 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,310,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliane View Post
This is very simple but yet humanity wants to shut it down. No problem. I will refrain from continuing to show from scripture what God says earth is. Remain in the lie if you will that is fine with me. It is not about what I believe it is about what is in the Word of God. We have accepted the lie for so long we cannot digest the truth. I only use the bible thus far. I did not come up with any imaginary anything and yet some cannot take this. Fine. I stop here. It would have been great to see God's love for us through this information and draw closer to Him. That was my intent in sharing this.
So, you're going to stop flogging this dead horse? Good. Because it's long-since started to stink.

The earth was, is, and until smacked by a giant asteroid, will remain -- round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 10:36 AM

33,382 posts, read 26,679,522 times
Quote:
This is very simple but yet humanity wants to shut it down. No problem. I will refrain from continuing to show from scripture what God says earth is. Remain in the lie if you will that is fine with me. It is not about what I believe it is about what is in the Word of God. We have accepted the lie for so long we cannot digest the truth. I only use the bible thus far. I did not come up with any imaginary anything and yet some cannot take this. Fine. I stop here. It would have been great to see God's love for us through this information and draw closer to Him. That was my intent in sharing this.
Lilliane, what is it exactly that you think God is saying through the Bible that the earth is? And what exactly is the 'lie' to which you refer?

Do you believe that the earth is flat? Is that the point of your thread, to say that the earth is flat? I'm simply asking for a clear statement from you.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:37 AM

60 posts, read 46,155 times
I want to open your eyes to truth so that you are completely convinced of who God is and that He is the only One who left a book on earth the most sold on earth...amen? Truth. And He is the Only One who explained How earth was made. Every one else does not have a book that comes even close to the bible. By Bible I mean the Talmud Tanak and New Testament. Why would we have a problem with what God says? We need to be delivered from the Spirit of fear and accept knowledge of truth.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:39 AM

Trout i agree with you the earth is round shaped not spherical based on the bible.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:40 AM

If you cannot take the first chapter of the book of Genesis... How will you understand the other 65 books?

Old 12-28-2015, 10:43 AM

If you freak out with the first few verses to which your eyes are being open right now... How will you understand these verses?14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

Did you notice God put the luminaries IN THE VAULT? You can go crazy now...

Old 12-28-2015, 10:43 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,310,635 times
Lilliane, you sound young. At least young in your truth-seeking career.

If you want to believe the bible is literally true, you'll have some company on this forum. But most people accept that at least some aspects of it are mythical and metaphorical.

But as a Science book, it makes good toilet paper.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:45 AM

23,302 posts, read 10,608,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Lilliane, you sound young.

67, that's the number I had in my mind.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:45 AM

33,382 posts, read 26,679,522 times
Quote:
Trout i agree with you the earth is round shaped not spherical based on the bible.
By that, do you mean that you believe the earth is round or circular like a round pancake, but also flat like a pancake?

Old 12-28-2015, 10:46 AM

So if the lights are IN THE VAULT and the earth is a sphere as you believe...hmmm how does that work? Sun Moon and stars inside of a sphere? Naaaaah.... Be honest with yourself. Look how many times it is written IN THE VAULT... Let the Holy Spirit enlighten you friend... Open your own bible and read it. Glory to God who reveals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity