Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 08:58 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post

That's a huge long way from 83%.........and you know people are deluded today if they all think they have met Gods standard. Jesus came out and plainly told us there would be nicely dressed folks who were sitting in the buildings every Saturday or Sunday thinking they were cool, but Jesus said He never knew them. Just something to think about. I would truthfully estimate the real number will be less than 10%. If you want to test for yourself just stand outside any mega church and ask all the people coming out the doors what the gospel of grace is today and if they are included in the body of Christ. Be prepared to get a lot of puzzled looks, and a lot of stammering.

Vf6cruiser, what is the gospel of grace? And are you included in the body of Christ ... if so, how do you know this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 11:20 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So you're another one of those who thinks God is going to send 90% of the world to burn in hell for all eternity????? Sad. Sad.
What's even creepier is the delight they seem to gain from the thought.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:21 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
83% of all statistics are 99% wrong.
4 out of 5 dentists constitute 80% of the profession.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:24 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
So you're another one of those who thinks God is going to send 90% of the world to burn in hell for all eternity????? Sad. Sad.
Why would you expect an omnipotent, Holy God to just overlook the fact that 99% of the world hates him? It's incredibly sad that they won't bend the knee to God.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why would you expect an omnipotent, Holy God to just overlook the fact that 99% of the world hates him? It's incredibly sad that they won't bend the knee to God.
Heh. And where do you get the idea that 99% of the world hates God?

The people of the world are, by and large, affiliated with some religion which shows they have a desire to honor God as they understand God: no hate there. Then there are those who do not believe a God exists ... by definition they can't hate what they do not believe exists. I imagine there are some who do hate God, as they understand God. That doesn't mean they actually hate God, but rather they hate the ideas about God that they've been exposed to and have accepted. By and large, I'd say the percentage of the world that actually hates God is probably fairly small.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Heh. And where do you get the idea that 99% of the world hates God?

The world is, by and large, affiliated with some religion which shows they have a desire to honor God as they understand God: no hate there. Then there are those who do not believe a God exists ... by definition they can't hate what they do not believe exists. I imagine there are some who do hate God, as they understand God. That doesn't mean they actually hate God, but rather they hate the ideas about God that they've been exposed to and have accepted. By and large, I'd say the percentage of the world that actually hates God is probably fairly small.
Actually, the Bible says all men hate God--in our natural state. Yes, many are religious--but only so far as they can worship God on their own terms--not God's terms. Just take a look at the broad definition of what a "Christian" is on these boards. There is a huge range of beliefs.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Actually, the Bible says all men hate God--in our natural state. Yes, many are religious--but only so far as they can worship God on their own terms--not God's terms. Just take a look at the broad definition of what a "Christian" is on these boards. There is a huge range of beliefs.
And you are part of the 1% that is not in a "natural state" and knows what God's terms are, of course.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
And you are part of the 1% that is not in a "natural state" and knows what God's terms are, of course.
I was. But God saved me. Anyone who is a Christian is a Christian because God has saved them.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
I was. But God saved me. Anyone who is a Christian is a Christian because God has saved them.

According to you, then, 99% of the world hates God because God has not saved them from hating God, and that because God has not deemed them worth saving from hating God, they are condemned to an eternity of torment.

If it is true that the 99% are wise enough to hate such ideas ABOUT God, then I would say that God has saved them.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
According to you, then, 99% of the world hates God because God has not saved them from hating God, and that because God has not deemed them worth saving from hating God, they are condemned to an eternity of torment.
The Bible really doesn't say why God saves some and not others. We certainly are not save by "being worthy", as you suggest. But you do have the rest correct -- God has chosen to save some but not the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity